Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Andrew Watt - Hackney Diamonds producer
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 30, 2023 13:02

Ronnie's contribution to much of HD does indeed sound more integral to the songs and performances than it has on occasions.

On ABB you could perhaps have been forgiven for thinking that, for some songs, Ronnie had just been sent a hard drive with a request to "....noodle over this a bit for us "

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 30, 2023 13:27

Spud
Ronnie's contribution to much of HD does indeed sound more integral to the songs and performances than it has on occasions.

On ABB you could perhaps have been forgiven for thinking that, for some songs, Ronnie had just been sent a hard drive with a request to "....noodle over this a bit for us "

Yesterday I was in the mood for a Bigger Bang ... Listened to the whole thing with good headphones and loved every minute of it. Why I am writing this? Well I couldn't help noticing how much Ronnie Wood's guitar was on it, often half buried in the mix, Much more than what I could remember!

C

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 30, 2023 13:32

Don't get me wrong... I like ABB too ...and a lot of Ronnie's playing on it, but he seems to integrate more naturally on the new album.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 31, 2023 01:30

Yes, Watt didn't stop at the Glimmer Twins like others might have..

Another thing that struck me is that he had to be the one to suggest they finish DMTH together instead of Keith finishing it at home alone. Great idea and apparently they had a great time but why on earth couldn't the GTs just do it spontaneously?! It does show that there is a lot of "baggage", being "guarded", etc...and wasn't Keith the one saying he wanted to sit down with Mick and develop songs? Did he think Mick might decline? Did Mick think Keith would be defensive with his material? Well the main thing is that Watt made it happen!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-31 19:53 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 31, 2023 04:17

dcba
keefriffhards
He used a good charm offensive on Keith, flattery will work every time, well on Keith at least

I think Keith knew getting an album done was an imperative to the band. And that Watt could get the job done after years of creative stalling.
So he probably showed some courtesy to the Kid so the sessions could move along smoothly.
When people turn 50 they get kinda cynical and Keith will be 80...

In 97 Keith knew the band was creatively rolling and the B2B album would be done anyway so he told the Dust Bros to go f^ck themselves in no uncertain terms... grinning smiley

Anyway the album is out. It is good. It made a bang. End of story.

See you on tour.

I like how there's a lot that isn't said about Don Was. In general, of course, not Andrew Watt, but the Stones.

The whole 'Yes man' thing was killed with Andrew Watt.

Re: OT: Andrew Watt, the man who woke up The Rolling Stones.
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: October 31, 2023 13:53

Rockman
Somewhere up the track hope we get some interviews
with Andrew Watt about the recording sessions with The Stones

Me & a great Mate have said for years that they need someone else to write a Rolling Stones song for them

Date: October 31, 2023 20:18

GasLightStreet
dcba
keefriffhards
He used a good charm offensive on Keith, flattery will work every time, well on Keith at least

I think Keith knew getting an album done was an imperative to the band. And that Watt could get the job done after years of creative stalling.
So he probably showed some courtesy to the Kid so the sessions could move along smoothly.
When people turn 50 they get kinda cynical and Keith will be 80...

In 97 Keith knew the band was creatively rolling and the B2B album would be done anyway so he told the Dust Bros to go f^ck themselves in no uncertain terms... grinning smiley

Anyway the album is out. It is good. It made a bang. End of story.

See you on tour.

I like how there's a lot that isn't said about Don Was. In general, of course, not Andrew Watt, but the Stones.

The whole 'Yes man' thing was killed with Andrew Watt.

Good point GLS. I was thinking about just that. What is Don Was thinking these days?

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 1, 2023 12:09

Who would have thought that the "rebels" Rolling Stones needed a "Leviathan" to help them make their record. Of course Andrew is not an autocratic producer but it seems that when he told them something they listen to him, putting their differences aside. Thank you Andrew.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Zotz ()
Date: December 14, 2023 23:32

cansel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-15 02:34 by Zotz.

Date: December 14, 2023 23:32

"Rock Gods Call Him When They Need a New Thunderbolt" - New York Times 12/13/2023

New York Times Article on Andrew Watt - comments section reads like the love/hate Hackney Diamonds posting on IORR

Date: December 14, 2023 23:56

Date: December 15, 2023 00:57

Who is Andrew Watt ?

Andrew Watt is THE MAN-

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 15, 2023 01:17

The fourth Rolling Stone that’s who.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1996
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home