Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Andrew Watt - Hackney Diamonds producer
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 30, 2023 13:02

Ronnie's contribution to much of HD does indeed sound more integral to the songs and performances than it has on occasions.

On ABB you could perhaps have been forgiven for thinking that, for some songs, Ronnie had just been sent a hard drive with a request to "....noodle over this a bit for us "

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 30, 2023 13:27

Spud
Ronnie's contribution to much of HD does indeed sound more integral to the songs and performances than it has on occasions.

On ABB you could perhaps have been forgiven for thinking that, for some songs, Ronnie had just been sent a hard drive with a request to "....noodle over this a bit for us "

Yesterday I was in the mood for a Bigger Bang ... Listened to the whole thing with good headphones and loved every minute of it. Why I am writing this? Well I couldn't help noticing how much Ronnie Wood's guitar was on it, often half buried in the mix, Much more than what I could remember!

C

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 30, 2023 13:32

Don't get me wrong... I like ABB too ...and a lot of Ronnie's playing on it, but he seems to integrate more naturally on the new album.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 31, 2023 01:30

Yes, Watt didn't stop at the Glimmer Twins like others might have..

Another thing that struck me is that he had to be the one to suggest they finish DMTH together instead of Keith finishing it at home alone. Great idea and apparently they had a great time but why on earth couldn't the GTs just do it spontaneously?! It does show that there is a lot of "baggage", being "guarded", etc...and wasn't Keith the one saying he wanted to sit down with Mick and develop songs? Did he think Mick might decline? Did Mick think Keith would be defensive with his material? Well the main thing is that Watt made it happen!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-31 19:53 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 31, 2023 04:17

dcba
keefriffhards
He used a good charm offensive on Keith, flattery will work every time, well on Keith at least

I think Keith knew getting an album done was an imperative to the band. And that Watt could get the job done after years of creative stalling.
So he probably showed some courtesy to the Kid so the sessions could move along smoothly.
When people turn 50 they get kinda cynical and Keith will be 80...

In 97 Keith knew the band was creatively rolling and the B2B album would be done anyway so he told the Dust Bros to go f^ck themselves in no uncertain terms... grinning smiley

Anyway the album is out. It is good. It made a bang. End of story.

See you on tour.

I like how there's a lot that isn't said about Don Was. In general, of course, not Andrew Watt, but the Stones.

The whole 'Yes man' thing was killed with Andrew Watt.

Re: OT: Andrew Watt, the man who woke up The Rolling Stones.
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: October 31, 2023 13:53

Rockman
Somewhere up the track hope we get some interviews
with Andrew Watt about the recording sessions with The Stones

Me & a great Mate have said for years that they need someone else to write a Rolling Stones song for them

Date: October 31, 2023 20:18

GasLightStreet
dcba
keefriffhards
He used a good charm offensive on Keith, flattery will work every time, well on Keith at least

I think Keith knew getting an album done was an imperative to the band. And that Watt could get the job done after years of creative stalling.
So he probably showed some courtesy to the Kid so the sessions could move along smoothly.

In 97 Keith knew the band was creatively rolling and the B2B album would be done anyway so he told the Dust Bros to go f^ck themselves in no uncertain terms... grinning smiley

See you on tour.

I like how there's a lot that isn't said about Don Was. In general, of course, not Andrew Watt, but the Stones.

Good point GLS. I was thinking about just that. What is Don Was thinking these days?

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 1, 2023 12:09

Who would have thought that the "rebels" Rolling Stones needed a "Leviathan" to help them make their record. Of course Andrew is not an autocratic producer but it seems that when he told them something they listen to him, putting their differences aside. Thank you Andrew.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Zotz ()
Date: December 14, 2023 23:32

cansel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-15 02:34 by Zotz.

Date: December 14, 2023 23:32

"Rock Gods Call Him When They Need a New Thunderbolt" - New York Times 12/13/2023

New York Times Article on Andrew Watt - comments section reads like the love/hate Hackney Diamonds posting on IORR

Date: December 14, 2023 23:56

Date: December 15, 2023 00:57

Who is Andrew Watt ?

Andrew Watt is THE MAN-

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 15, 2023 01:17

The fourth Rolling Stone that’s who.

Date: July 12, 2024 15:58

A new interview here : [www.latimes.com]

"Are you planning to make another album with the Stones? I’ve heard there’s lots of good unreleased stuff and other tracks from the “Hackney Diamond” sessions that just need some tweaking.

It’s like Batman; if they [flash] the tongue in the air and I see it, I’m there. All they have to do is ask. You know, the last album [“Hackney Diamonds”] took 18 years to make. So that would leave them close to 100 years old by the time we finished a second one. I’m hoping for a faster timeline. There’s nothing on the books right now, but you know, it definitely has been discussed."

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 14, 2024 17:12

this guy doesn't get enough credit tbh.....yes the Glimmers are the Glimmers, but he got them to finish the record and release it.....nothing should take 18 years.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 14, 2024 17:38

He was there last night having a @#$%& BLAST just like the rest of us!

Date: July 14, 2024 18:29

Palace Revolution 2000
GasLightStreet
dcba
keefriffhards

See you on tour.

Good point GLS. I was thinking about just that. What is Don Was thinking these days?

Was is credited as a producer on Live By The Sword.

That's it. He's not even thanked in the thanks and special thanks of he liner notes!

Not sure why not credited on Mess It Up since that's Charlie as well.

They dropped Was off. Andrew Watt had energy and a different approach. It helps that they were interested. Thank Paul McCartney.

We have so much stuff in the can... Nobody could figure out how to make an album out of it.
- Keith Richards, August-September 2023

That right there says enough. But more was said.

I was at dinner with Paul McCartney, and he was saying, How’s it all going? And I said we need someone to boss us around. And he said, Well, there’s this young New York boy, Andrew Watt. Give him a try.
- Ron Wood, August-September 2023

Mick called me at the end of July (2022). He basically was like I just got off the phone with Ronnie, and Ronnie told me he just had dinner with Paul McCartney and his wife, and Paul recommended a "spright young fellow named Andrew Watt" to work with. My jaw is on the floor. That doesn’t sound like a real conversation. And then Mick said, I told Ronnie, that’s the producer I was thinking of showing you. How @#$%& cool is that?
- Andrew Watt, September 2023

This is Mick Jagger telling me about Paul McCartney talking to Ronnie Wood about me. Like, I can't fathom how this is actually real.

[timeisonourside.com]

They never actually said it but they apparently lost whatever faith or connection or got tired of someone always agreeing with them and obviously someone new, or just different, was required.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 14, 2024 20:37

GasLightStreet
Palace Revolution 2000
GasLightStreet
dcba
keefriffhards

See you on tour.

That's it. He's not even thanked in the thanks and special thanks of he liner notes!

They dropped Was off. Andrew Watt had energy and a different approach. It helps that they were interested. Thank Paul McCartney.

We have so much stuff in the can... Nobody could figure out how to make an album out of it.

I was at dinner with Paul McCartney, and he was saying, How’s it all going? And I said we need someone to boss us around. And he said, Well, there’s this young New York boy, Andrew Watt. Give him a try.

Mick called me at the end of July (2022). He basically was like I just got off the phone with Ronnie, and Ronnie told me he just had dinner with Paul McCartney and his wife, and Paul recommended a "spright young fellow named Andrew Watt" to work with. My jaw is on the floor. That doesn’t sound like a real conversation. And then Mick said, I told Ronnie, that’s the producer I was thinking of showing you. How @#$%& cool is that?

This is Mick Jagger telling me about Paul McCartney talking to Ronnie Wood about me. Like, I can't fathom how this is actually real.

[timeisonourside.com]

They never actually said it but they apparently lost whatever faith or connection or got tired of someone always agreeing with them and obviously someone new, or just different, was required.

One can only imagine Watt Was going on there.

Date: July 14, 2024 20:54

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Palace Revolution 2000
GasLightStreet
dcba
keefriffhards

See you on tour.

[timeisonourside.com]

We certainly know Watt (Not Was) going on.

Date: July 15, 2024 18:43

The bad news is that no other album seems to be planned at this point in spite of Mick's "2/3 (or 75%) finished" marketing blurbs...maybe he's not a liberty to mention it of course but he could have been more "vague" in the interview.

--------------

Date: July 15, 2024 23:56

gotdablouse
The bad news is that no other album seems to be planned at this point in spite of Mick's "2/3 (or 75%) finished" marketing blurbs...maybe he's not a liberty to mention it of course but he could have been more "vague" in the interview.

There's nothing planned because they're busy.

But. They'll get to it. Maybe this fall.

Mick Jagger & Ron Wood (October 2023): Making another album soon

Mick: It isn't the last album. We recorded more than half of the next album. Because we recorded 23, 25 tracks in these sessions. And I'll write several songs and we'll record a second album soon.

Ron: (Paul McCartney) actually played on 2 tracks. One which we've got up our sleeve for more things to come, more music to come. 'Cause we cut about 23 songs. And we picked the best 12 or the first 12. I don't think it will be that long. We're all kicking inspiration and positive vibes around you know.

[timeisonourside.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 16, 2024 00:11

another new studio album..... Bring it on .....bring it on ...

ROCKMAN

Date: July 16, 2024 00:17

They also could dip more into what they recorded prior to Watt joining, which means more Charlie tracks.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 16, 2024 00:20

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Palace Revolution 2000
GasLightStreet
dcba
keefriffhards

See you on tour.

[timeisonourside.com]

We certainly know Watt (Not Was) going on.

HA! Touche!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1886
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home