Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Zombies Fans?
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: September 16, 2023 19:55

Cant recall seeing any discussion of this incredible group here at IORR- "Odessey and Oracle" is one of the top Brit albums of the Sixties and a must for any serious record collection...baroque pop psychedelia at its finest. Not to mention a string of top shelf hit singles.

Re: OT: Zombies Fans?
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 16, 2023 20:04

Was very lucky to see them play this whole album with the surviving members about a decade ago in New York. One of the best nights of my life. Talk about an album that is underrated. Its one of the greatest of all time. Oddly enough, only song I never really liked on it is the only hit Time Of The Season. The rest of the album is perfect. Butcher's Tale always works.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: September 17, 2023 08:18

I saw the Odyssey 50th reunion in Vancouver and it was divine.

I didn't realize the surviving members were playing that night. The first set was the current band, performing old and new music, followed by a very brief intermission, and then the original lineup hit the stage and played Odyssey in its entirety.

What a treat. I wish I could see it again. They are on tour right now and will be playing in the suburbs of Vancouver, however I'd love to see that original lineup one more time.

Posted by: walkingthedog ()
Date: September 17, 2023 10:30

I saw them in Oslo last year. A great concert, Blunstone's voice is still in great shape. Their latest LP (Different Game) is absolutely worthwhile.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: September 17, 2023 11:12

Only discovered at the beginning of the 2000's, Odessey and Oracle is in my top 20 albums of all time.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: September 17, 2023 12:22

"Time Of The Season", "Tell Her No" and "She's Not There" have always been among my favourite tracks of the 60s. And Argent's "Hold Your Head Up" was a nice trippy 70s tune. I must however do a deeper dive into their music because I'm not as familiar with the rest of their back catalogue.

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 17, 2023 12:36

Yes! Constantly looking for a very cheap forgotten vinyl copy, somewhere among the books, clothes, plates and furniture...all those second-hand places, garage sales...smiling smileycool smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 17, 2023 13:28

love that band

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 18, 2023 06:39

I had forgotten about The Zombies until I heard Santa play "She's Not There," with his band and singer.
Love, love, love that tune.

~"Love is Strong"~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1957
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home