Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15
Re: Hackney Diamonds on Vinyl
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 1, 2023 16:06

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-01 16:09 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 1, 2023 16:20

Stone601

I know that the HD Paul Smith cover is sold out at the online store, but I was wondering if there is the possibility of finding them in the physical store in Carnaby.

The Paul Smith edition will be available in Japan on 3-Nov-2023 - [www.PaulSmith.co.jp] . An alternative could be [www.eBay.co.uk] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-01 16:30 by Irix.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: November 1, 2023 16:57

Thanks Irix, I had a look on Ebay but I find them too expensive....I'll try on November 3rd

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 2, 2023 10:28

This thread really tickles me ...

It's, thus far, 13 pages of conversation about looking at LP records and how many different colours/covers they come in.

We've had maybe two or three comments about what the vinyl cut sounds like grinning smiley

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: November 2, 2023 14:00

Spud

It's, thus far, 13 pages of conversation about looking at LP records and how many different colours/covers they come in.

We've had maybe two or three comments about what the vinyl cut sounds like grinning smiley

Can you actually play those things?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 2, 2023 14:05

Stone601
Thanks Irix, I had a look on Ebay but I find them too expensive....I'll try on November 3rd

I think I read in the description that the vinyl itself is only available in the store, not online on the 3rd. Good luck though, I could have misread that.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 2, 2023 14:31

jackflash27
Spud

grinning smiley

I wonder how many folks who collect vinyl these days actually own a record player.

Posted by: johnh ()
Date: November 2, 2023 14:49

haha... very true
I got mine last weekend from thr RS Store, the blue one with the alternative cover art (slight improvement in the artwork as I think the cover art is quite pathetic, sadly) The album sounds great, so much to hear and enjoy. No isues at all , great sound, I'm loving it!

Date: November 2, 2023 14:55

Spud
jackflash27
Spud

grinning smiley
I have two turntable

I wonder how many folks who collect vinyl these days actually own a record player.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 2, 2023 15:19

I got two turntables and a microphone!! smileys with beer

Date: November 2, 2023 15:50

VoodooLounge13

I got two turntables and a microphone!!

Now you can record 'Rolling Stone Blues' in stereo .... winking smiley

Date: November 2, 2023 16:09

Irix
VoodooLounge13

I got two turntables and a microphone!!

Now you can record 'Rolling Stone Blues' in stereo .... winking smiley

I was quoting a line from Beck's Where It's At LOL

Date: November 2, 2023 16:35

Stone601
Spud
jackflash27
Spud

grinning smiley
I have two turntable

I own also 2 record players and vinyl is the only thing I play. On an average day, I spin around 2 or 3 records. Don't want to start a discussion about the sound quality, but I like the feel of it, and the procedure of putting a record on (dust cleaning, turning side) and the format of the sleeve. I own vinyl mainly to play it but I also like the 'collecting' part of it.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 2, 2023 17:11

Haven't listened to my HD vinyl yet

In the time being I bumped into this review

[www.analogplanet.com]

C

Date: November 2, 2023 17:30

liddas

[www.analogplanet.com]

C

Spot on review...except I can't comment on the vinyl listening experience as I sadly haven't had that pleasure yet!

Date: November 2, 2023 18:11

treaclefingers
liddas

[www.analogplanet.com]

C

Spot on review...except I can't comment on the vinyl listening experience as I sadly haven't had that pleasure yet!

Nice review, agree with most of it. Regarding the vinyl: I was actually surprised in a positive way with how it sounded. I agree it could be much better, but it's good enough for me. Blue & Lonesome by the way was terrible on vinyl and HD is much better.

Date: November 4, 2023 11:44

treaclefingers
Stone601

I think I read in the description that the vinyl itself is only available in the store, not online on the 3rd. Good luck though, I could have misread that.
I checked and you're right
in-store sales only.

Date: November 4, 2023 16:08

Stone601
treaclefingers
Stone601

in-store sales only.

Sadly I waited too long and missed pulling the trigger on the international online sales. I tried from the US store but it wouldn't ship outside the US.

The one that got away! In other news, shipping notices finally starting to happen, and the Blue Jays vinyl showed up last night! So I have that, and the zoetrope. Two of the more esoteric releases, and yet to get a black vinyl (or any of the colours) or even the CD!

Date: November 4, 2023 16:34

treaclefingers
Stone601
treaclefingers
Stone601

in-store sales only.

Sadly I waited too long and missed pulling the trigger on the international online sales. I tried from the US store but it wouldn't ship outside the US.

The one that got away! In other news, shipping notices finally starting to happen, and the Blue Jays vinyl showed up last night! So I have that, and the zoetrope. Two of the more esoteric releases, and yet to get a black vinyl (or any of the colours) or even the CD!
Me too waited too long
At moment i have Black,Blue,Purple,Green,Clear,Carnaby and Zoetrope….hope to bought PS cover a decent price but on ebay is around 100€……

Date: November 5, 2023 06:19

Got my 2nd order from Platomania today and it STILL doesn’t have the fuschia vinyl in it!! Had to reach out again. Did get the black vinyl and my Flintstones print a little HD book and the Paradiso orange vinyl to replace the Paris one they sent on accident. Hoping third times a charm here. Geeeeeez. Still missing blue and Boxset and picture disc. Plus SSoH single releases and angry CD.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 5, 2023 08:04

well i'm very disappointed in my copy

i got the clear vinyl from my record store today and it sadly has a lot of problems

there is a very loud grinding noise in the right channel at the beginning of both sides to the middle of each side loud enough to be heard over even angry and bite my head off at reasonable volume

in the left channel there is randomly in several seconds at a time intervals a VERY loud scratching/scraping noise

so loud that it over powers the music

and finally the lead outs on both sides are to short for the auto return to work on my table

its not my table or cart that is the issue i've ruled that out and checked on another table too with the same results

i know how to set up and calibrate my turntables and it's not them it's the record

anyone else have this problem?

guess i'll have to get another copy

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 5, 2023 08:35

there is a very loud grinding noise in the right channel
at the beginning of both sides to the middle of each side
loud enough to be heard over even angry and bite my head o
ff at reasonable volume .....

Ta save $bucks they did the transfer to
clear in the back rooms of a red-light house .....

Best tip is ta grab theeee black vinyl ...

And hopefully they'll be a 180 gram
virgin vinyl soooon ... get it virgin vinyl ... HHHHhaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: November 5, 2023 10:30

ProfessorWolf

Seems that clear vinyl (in general) is the 'worst' sounding variant. I read a comment from a model maker who said that when he cuts his plexiglass with a knife, it's the same noise as when he puts the needle of his turntable onto clear vinyl. As mentioned above, black vinyl seems to be the better choice - [iorr.org] . On the other hand, the UHQR vinyl by Analogue Productions is called 'Clarity Vinyl' but has a more milky color - [QualityRecordPressings.com] , [i.Redd.it] . The vinyl used by Universal Music is called/looks 'Diamond Clear' - [www.Musik-Sammler.de] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-05 12:55 by Irix.

Date: November 5, 2023 12:08

VoodooLounge13
Got my 2nd order from Platomania today and it STILL doesn’t have the fuschia vinyl in it!!

If the fuchsia vinyl was not in it, wat was? Did te shrink contain the purple transparant sticker?

Posted by: andreas ()
Date: November 5, 2023 13:13

My clear edition plays fine except it cuts/ stops before song A6 dreamy skies is over..clearly a misprint

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: November 5, 2023 14:34

Irix
ProfessorWolf

Seems that clear vinyl (in general) is the 'worst' sounding variant. I read a comment from a model maker who said that when he cuts his plexiglass with a knife, it's the same noise as when he puts the needle of his turntable onto clear vinyl. As mentioned above, black vinyl seems to be the better choice - [iorr.org] . On the other hand, the UHQR vinyl by Analogue Productions is called 'Clarity Vinyl' but has a more milky color - [QualityRecordPressings.com] , [i.Redd.it] . The vinyl used by Universal Music is called/looks 'Diamond Clear' - [www.Musik-Sammler.de] .

I need to have more listens but my clear one seems to sound better than the black one. Also black seemed a bit noisy. The only major issue I have with both copies is that A side is off center, in a similar manner on both.

Date: November 5, 2023 14:37

jackflash27
VoodooLounge13
Got my 2nd order from Platomania today and it STILL doesn’t have the fuschia vinyl in it!!

If the fuchsia vinyl was not in it, wat was? Did te shrink contain the purple transparant sticker?

The LP was left out of the shipment completely same as originally happened. So that copy is still missing from my collection.

Date: November 5, 2023 14:38

treaclefingers
Stone601
treaclefingers
Stone601

in-store sales only.

Glad to hear some have started showing up finally!!!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 5, 2023 16:38

If you handspin Bite My Head Off backwards you can hear “Paul is definitely not dead.”

Date: November 5, 2023 17:10

Adams

I need to have more listens but my clear one seems to sound better than the black one. Also black seemed a bit noisy.

Interesting, could be possible. Quality Record Pressings (see above) writes about their Clarity Vinyl: "... any particles of carbon black pigment that happen to be on the surface of the groove could introduce surface noise." Without adding carbon, the stylus would "effortlessly slide down a glossy and silky smooth groove wall". But articles/reports from others claim that the carbon particles settle into the pores of the vinyl, resulting in a lower noise level as the surface is smoother. It's a bit unclear what to believe.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1758
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home