Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Cover Artwork Hackney Diamonds
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: September 11, 2023 09:13

stonesman87
peoplewitheyes
Hey, Stonesman87, you do understand that many Londoners (especially in East London) drop their Hs when speaking, right?

Yes, I am very much aware of that. However, on this occasion, with such an unfortunate result.

Oh, BTW, I could perhaps deal with a title " 'ackney Diamonds ", but as for websites " 'ackneydiamonds.cum " or even " 'ackneydiamonds.com ", .....

ackneydiamonds.com? Just the usual "This site can’t be reached" result.

Over at [acnediamonds.com], I get a page headed "The domain acnediamonds.com is registered, but may still be available. It’s parked free, courtesy of GoDaddy.com" Anybody want that one?

Sometimes only accuracy will do.winking smiley

Posted by: MichaelA ()
Date: October 1, 2023 20:40

Has anyone else noticed that Mick and Keith's images are represented in the Hackney Diamonds heart? At the risk of being laughed at or worse by the IORR community, I submit that Keith is on the right and Mick on the left of the diamond. Keith's neck is at the bottom near the thumb and his eye is the dark part of the diamond and Mick's eye is roughly across from his with their nodes across from each other too...Think of images of them from say Hot Rocks, Black & Blue and others. I'm sure the IORR sleuths can find more. Perhaps I'm correct or too immersed in Stonesland right now?!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 1, 2023 22:32

I'm off ta Brazil .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 1, 2023 23:10

I'm thinking more Gaga an Mick...

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 1, 2023 23:55

MichaelA

Has anyone else noticed that Mick and Keith's images are represented in the Hackney Diamonds heart?

To me it looks like the 1960s Keith:

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 2, 2023 00:02

Wow. Hasn’t noticed that before. If that’s the case, let’s get the rumor/analyzation team in full swing:

Since the hand is still holding Mick and the knife has chopped away Keef, does that mean that Mick has wrestled control of the band away from Keef once and for all!?! Am I the only one with Mixed Emotions over this!?!!

Re: Hackney Diamonds Cover Artwork
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 3, 2023 16:43

No does nothing for me, it’s pretty tasteless. Why not just put a photo of band on cover? Guess that will be on a concert shirt, I won’t buy it regardless what’s on back.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 3, 2023 17:04

VoodooLounge13
Wow. Hasn’t noticed that before. If that’s the case, let’s get the rumor/analyzation team in full swing:

Since the hand is still holding Mick and the knife has chopped away Keef, does that mean that Mick has wrestled control of the band away from Keef once and for all!?! Am I the only one with Mixed Emotions over this!?!!

I think that happened about 1973.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 3, 2023 18:40

Looks good as a thumbnail on Spotify. In full size, not so much.

Posted by: MichaelA ()
Date: October 3, 2023 19:01

Ya, I agree, late 60s images are what the artist used for the diamond heart I think. I think Mick said during the Jimmy Fallon interview that the album was about fractured relationships. Seems that the Glimmer Twins are getting along fine now.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: October 3, 2023 22:22

I thought it would be cool for a long shot of the band walking down a narrow street in Hackney w/ smashed glass from the windshields & damaged cars, maybe have the title reflected in a dirty puddle in the street, maybe some drumsticks somewhere as reference to Charlie?

At this point I’m not sure if the band is too greatly concerned with the cover art. They’ve reached legendary status how many decades ago? And maybe that’s the trade off with them being so long in the business..it’s just another album cover, who cares?

I get the new cover & what it’s trying to say even if I can’t relate to it.

But after the last two singles I’m more excited to hear this album in full than worry about the artwork.

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: October 3, 2023 22:30

Let's not diss the great Voodoo Bunnyman cover

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: October 3, 2023 23:37

In terms of their more recent covers, I give the following scores (out of a possible 10):

Tattoo You: 8
Undercover: 8
Dirty Work: 2
Steel Wheels: 1
Voodoo Lounge: 4
Bridges to Babylon: 9
A Bigger Bang: 2
Blue & Lonesome: 1
Hackney Diamonds: 3

Date: October 4, 2023 16:19

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

I think that happened about 1973.

Well I remember the rumors flying when Mixed Emotions came out about it being a secret code for Mick's Demotion, so was just swinging it back the other way! LOL

Date: October 4, 2023 16:46

FrogSugar
In terms of their more recent covers, I give the following scores (out of a possible 10):

Tattoo You: 8
Undercover: 8
Dirty Work: 2
Steel Wheels: 1
Voodoo Lounge: 4
Bridges to Babylon: 9
A Bigger Bang: 2
Blue & Lonesome: 1
Hackney Diamonds: 3

Hang on...the neutered lion is the best cover they've done in over 40 years?

High praise indeed.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 4, 2023 17:23

treaclefingers
the neutered lion is the best cover they've done in over 40 years?

see: [iorr.org]

Date: October 4, 2023 18:09

I agree that the B2B is the best one in ages.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 5, 2023 00:26

I think the Blue & Lonesome one is actually one of my favorite modern Stones album covers. The girls with the Tongue logo shirts need to know this tongue means music, blues music actually.

Date: October 5, 2023 15:55

schillid
treaclefingers
the neutered lion is the best cover they've done in over 40 years?

see: [iorr.org]

That was quite ballsy of you schillid.

Date: October 5, 2023 16:31

smileys with beer

Date: October 5, 2023 17:13

Great album cover art is a thing of the past. The various album covers for Hackney Diamonds shows that for musicians today -- including Mick & Co. -- the main channel of music sales is online streaming. So an eye-catching thumbnail is good enough.

As long as some fans and collectors will pay big bucks for vinyl, they don't waste the opportunity to gouge them by selling multiple covers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-09 17:10 by schillid.

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: October 6, 2023 16:28

Nice interview with the artist.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: linnerz ()
Date: October 22, 2023 16:56

Quote from Le Figaro Magazine:

»An English journalist once said that you could judge a band by the ugliness of their covers. The Stones had some of the most beautiful ones, made by Arthur Bailey, Gered Mankowitz and Andy Warhol. The latest one, for this sad Hackney Diamonds, is in a way the nadir of infamy, the zenith of atrocity: one would swear it was a compilation of ›hair metal‹ released around 1986.«

Posted by: linnerz ()
Date: October 23, 2023 00:07

Le Figaro was wrong about one thing: it's David Bailey, not Arthur.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1902
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home