Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 42 of 44
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour 2024
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 20, 2023 21:35

Topi
stereomanic
Is the official tour announcement tomorrow? And if so what time?

I'm dying to book flights and accommodation for Chicago but need to know for sure they are the dates!

8 AM EST tomorrow

Wow that is really early for the other 3 time zones.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 20, 2023 21:41

I'm good, 3 PM in my world.

Date: November 20, 2023 22:17

[fb.watch]

"Jazz Fest News Coming Tomorrow! Stay Tuned..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-20 22:18 by Topi.

Posted by: lovingcup22 ()
Date: November 20, 2023 22:34

SecondSet
It's apparently necessary or at least recommended to buy train tickets in advance

[www.gillettestadium.com]

I took the train back to Boston after their 2019 show, never again. It was slow, dirty, and a very unpleasant ride.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: November 20, 2023 22:38

lovingcup22
SecondSet
It's apparently necessary or at least recommended to buy train tickets in advance

I took the train back to Boston after their 2019 show, never again. It was slow, dirty, and a very unpleasant ride.

I'm not sure what you mean by "dirty," but unless you have an electric vehicle, the train is far less polluting than the alternative.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 20, 2023 23:00

Topi
[fb.watch]

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: November 20, 2023 23:25

lovingcup22
SecondSet

The train service for Gillette is notoriously rough. Anyone going, I recommend driving and doing the free parking (nightmare getting out, but you're guaranteed to get where you have to go), or park yourself at a bar at Patriot Place and ride it our until Ubers have gotten reasonable again.

Date: November 21, 2023 00:19

SecondSet
lovingcup22
SecondSet

I'm not sure what you mean by "dirty," but unless you have an electric vehicle, the train is far less polluting than the alternative.

Dirty as in not cleaned, I wasn't referring to pollution from a vehicle.

Date: November 21, 2023 00:20

TooTight
lovingcup22
SecondSet

The train service for Gillette is notoriously rough. Anyone going, I recommend driving and doing the free parking (nightmare getting out, but you're guaranteed to get where you have to go), or park yourself at a bar at Patriot Place and ride it our until Ubers have gotten reasonable again.

I couldn't agree more!

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: November 21, 2023 00:27

[/quote]

8 AM EST tomorrow[/quote]

Wow that is really early for the other 3 time zones.[/quote]

Agree, seems very strange to have an announcement that early. Even the East coast hasn't started their business day!

Date: November 21, 2023 00:38

georgeV

8 AM EST tomorrow[/quote]

Wow that is really early for the other 3 time zones.[/quote]

Agree, seems very strange to have an announcement that early. Even the East coast hasn't started their business day![/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if that were just a radio station seeking an audience for its morning drive-time show, building up hype for an announcement to come an hour or several later.

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: November 21, 2023 00:40

I can't believe I almost snoozed on this, today in Tampa I hear on the radio a important Rolling Stones announcement tomorrow.

That's what I get for not checking IORR for a couple weeks.

At least I don't need a hotel for Orlando!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 21, 2023 00:52

lovingcup22
SecondSet
lovingcup22
SecondSet

I took it once about 20 years ago, remember having to leave the show during the encore so we could book it to the train before it left. I won't do it again either. Last time they played there, i stayed in the parking lot with other fans for about 90 minutes after the show. Had a great time and missed 90% of the traffic. That's what I'll be doing this time too.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: November 21, 2023 00:59

Regarding everyone’s complaints about Gillette Stadium; do they do coach tours for concerts? The three times i have been to the stadium for Patriots home games i have used a special coach that leaves downtown Boston and takes you to the stadium and then back to Boston after (leaving one hour post game) and it’s excellent. Really good and reliable service. If they do this for concerts then select that option. The company is called Boston Common Coach.

Date: November 21, 2023 01:07

lovingcup22
SecondSet
lovingcup22
SecondSet

I understand. I was suggesting you expand your understanding of "dirty" beyond that which you can see and to include that which you breathe. People often imagine that the public sphere is "dirtier" than their private one, often incorrectly.

Date: November 21, 2023 01:12

Travman87
Regarding everyone’s complaints about Gillette Stadium; do they do coach tours for concerts? The three times i have been to the stadium for Patriots home games i have used a special coach that leaves downtown Boston and takes you to the stadium and then back to Boston after (leaving one hour post game) and it’s excellent. Really good and reliable service. If they do this for concerts then select that option. The company is called Boston Common Coach.

A good suggestion, these depart from the Theater District South of Boston Common, I understand. There is a similar, perhaps less professional/more party-oriented operator in the NYC area called, appropriately enough, Rocks Off, but they will unnecessarily cost you more than the public bus service from Port Authority.

Date: November 21, 2023 01:19

SecondSet
lovingcup22
SecondSet
lovingcup22
SecondSet

I understand. I was suggesting you expand your understanding of "dirty" beyond that which you can see and to include that which you breathe. People often imagine that the public sphere is "dirtier" than their private one, often incorrectly.
not sure if it was intended, but that came across as very condescending In any event, I will corroborate Loving Cup's unimagined assessment of the train being filthy.

Date: November 21, 2023 01:30

CindyC
not sure if it was intended, but that came across as very condescending In any event, I will corroborate Loving Cup's unimagined assessment of the train being filthy.

You seem like you've been deep in your share of bowls at Durgin-Park

Date: November 21, 2023 01:34

not recently

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: November 21, 2023 02:26

Totally pumped for Chicago 1 or 2. Just like 2019, but I'll be missing Charlie. I agree a lot of the new LP is prime for playing. Get Close is my current fave. Sweet Sounds could be the new YCAGWYW, with local choirs. Angry is a no-brainer. Rolling Stone Blues as part of a nice B-stage acoustic set with Dead Flowers and Sweet Virginia. Bite My Head Off sounds like it might work live, and Whole Wide World might be the best tune on the album, but I don't know about live.

Date: November 21, 2023 02:53

CindyC
not recently

Quel dommage

Posted by: RedDoor ()
Date: November 21, 2023 03:39

For what it is worth, I remember Charlie being quoted that he didn’t want to do the around the world tours anymore.

Now that Charlie has passed (and yes, we all love and miss Charlie) is it possible that they can do more than 15 a year, as that article in The Sun indicated?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 21, 2023 04:58

The Rolling Stones playing the New Orleans Jazz And Heritage Festival... never thought it would happen after the previous few years.

I'm gonna have to look into that. Haven't been since 2019 (and saw the Stones in the Supe that year).

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: November 21, 2023 05:23

Who determines what cities the stones will perform? the reason I ask is Detroit is not one of the cities. it's true they performed there in 2021. just wondering as Detroit is a major market.

Posted by: Pvk2 ()
Date: November 21, 2023 05:37

Got flights hotels for NJ. AtL, Denver, chicago, Denver, Philly … see us all there
I’m not angry at all…

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 21, 2023 05:58

colonial
Any rumours of The Stones touring Australia and New Zealand, any rumours will do

The Sun said The Stones will be announcing a global tour, so that means our backwater cities will be on the official concert roll call smileys with beer

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: November 21, 2023 06:05

bluenote
The Sun about a global tour:

[www.thesun.co.uk]

"Global" reminds me of that Dale character in "King Of The Hill"

Date: November 21, 2023 06:11

Lien
Topi
[fb.watch]

Thanks, I was too lazy...was actually waiting for Irix to revise that winking smiley

Anyhow, it looks like JazzFest is part of the initial announcement.

The interesting question is - do the cities with double dates announce everything at once, or is the the old "due to overwhelming demand, a second date has been added". I guess we have seen both happen.

FWIW, they announced two dates for MetLife and Soldier Field back in 2019 right away.

Date: November 21, 2023 06:11

SecondSet
[d9-wret.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com]

Denver is the bright spot a bit at center-right of the vast, relatively empty left half of the photo. Cleveland is just under the right "eye" of the Great Lakes above right of center. The surrounding areas Cleveland pulls from are much closer than those around Denver, which is the only show for about 1000 miles/1600 km in any direction, so it makes more sense to play there on a weekend than a weekday, and vice versa. Also, Denver, though at a lower latitude than Cleveland, is at a much higher elevation, so even though it gets far more sun during the day, year-round, it also gets significantly colder at night, and so is better to play closer to the height of summer. That just addresses the "logic" involved; it isn't the main reason I believe that Cleveland comes first.

Sorry, what I meant by "logical to go" was the routing, as in they would be going East.

Date: November 21, 2023 06:13

colonial
colonial
Any rumours of The Stones touring Australia and New Zealand, any rumours will do

The Sun said The Stones will be announcing a global tour, so that means our backwater cities will be on the official concert roll call smileys with beer

Oh, The Sun said it - it must be true! grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 42 of 44

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1556
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home