Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 44
The Rolling Stones Tour 2024
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 18, 2023 21:48

Denver

[twitter.com]

Re: The Rolling Stones Tour 2024
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 18, 2023 21:51

SomeTorontoGirl
Looks like Bjornulf will miss strawberry season again. I hope he can settle for strawberry jam. smileys with beer

Hey at our age I think we can all already be consider well...preserved.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 18, 2023 21:56

treaclefingers
SomeTorontoGirl
Looks like Bjornulf will miss strawberry season again. I hope he can settle for strawberry jam. smileys with beer

If I see you in Vancouver, remind me to punish you for that! tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 18, 2023 21:58

Mabru
Also news if there will be in the autumn an European tour or am I to optimistic?

No Europe.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: November 18, 2023 22:01

Topi
Mabru
Also news if there will be in the autumn an European tour or am I to optimistic?

No Europe.

Wait and see…

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 18, 2023 22:06

Europe in the fall after having done 19-20 shows in North America at 80+?

Sure.

Let's just take one tour at a time.

Date: November 18, 2023 22:11

SomeTorontoGirl
treaclefingers
SomeTorontoGirl

If I see you in Vancouver, remind me to punish you for that! tongue sticking out smiley

Well if you're a cheap bastard like me...just went onto Expedia and booked at the English Bay Hotel, which isn't too bad at all, a great area of downtown and for only C$184, $220 all in. I had some expedia rewards so that defrayed even more.

I'd normally just drive home after a concert, but I already feel like partying, and I haven't even got tickets yet!

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: November 18, 2023 22:15

Topi
SecondSet
Topi
Beats me, I just pointed out what he said.

And yes, it's possible they still add a show or two.

It looks like he got that from some "Meta" rando.

Or he has other sources which corroborate the info? I would trust BV on this.

I was hearing Chicago June 27 for a while now, FWIW. I know the June 30 was mentioned here by hymenlips a long time ago. So at a certain point when figuring out the tour schedule that had me counting 1+1.

OK, I hope the same is true of the Northwestern dates, that they come from somewhere other than Mt. Olympus, as it were

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-18 22:39 by SecondSet.

Date: November 18, 2023 22:29

treaclefingers
Well if you're a cheap bastard like me...just went onto Expedia and booked at the English Bay Hotel, which isn't too bad at all, a great area of downtown and for only C$184, $220 all in.

I like a (much) quieter spot less than a block from the park a bit closer to Coal Harbour and from C$285 per night direct, though it's decidedly not a party destination.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: November 18, 2023 22:32

treaclefingers

Well if you're a cheap bastard like me...just went onto Expedia and booked at the English Bay Hotel, which isn't too bad at all, a great area of downtown and for only C$184, $220 all in. I had some expedia rewards so that defrayed even more.

We've had some interesting convos about Vancouver hovels, I mean, hotels in the past.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 18, 2023 22:41

treaclefingers

I'd normally just drive home after a concert, but I already feel like partying, and I haven't even got tickets yet!

I’m staying with friends in West Van - he’ll be joining me and she’ll stay home glad to be rid of us both for the duration. Keen to see if my favourite haunts are still there - East Is East is a restaurant I really like, and a framing place on Robson always had the best cards. A BBQ restaurant in Gastown used to have a sign outside welcoming vegans with loose morals. I’ve been away a few years, nice to have the chance to go back!

Date: November 18, 2023 22:43

SomeTorontoGirl
treaclefingers

I’m staying with friends in West Van - he’ll be joining me and she’ll stay home glad to be rid of us both for the duration. Keen to see if my favourite haunts are still there - East Is East is a restaurant I really like, and a framing place on Robson always had the best cards. A BBQ restaurant in Gastown used to have a sign outside welcoming vegans with loose morals. I’ve been away a few years, nice to have the chance to go back!

Yeah, great city. I have friends I can stay with too, and may go that route if we get tickets together. All depends so I need to plan for every eventuality!

Just reserved a hotel in Seattle too. I'm covered!

Date: November 18, 2023 22:47

Topi
Same amount of off days between the two LA dates as well.

And I bet MetLife #2 goes May 26 so again only two days off there, but OTOH it gives them more days off before Foxboro.

Friendly warning: The New York residency coincides with the Memorial Day holiday weekend - also the unofficial start of the summer travel season.

Posted by: Ellipooh ()
Date: November 18, 2023 23:13

I was Really Excited to see Orlando on the list, having just moved to the area last year from SF.
But boy, the online reviews of Camping World Stadium are overwhelmingly negative.
Doesn’t exactly give me warm and fuzzy feelings eye popping smiley

***Can't you hear me knocking?***

Date: November 18, 2023 23:40

DeanGoodman
Topi

And I bet MetLife #2 goes May 26 so again only two days off there, but OTOH it gives them more days off before Foxboro.

Friendly warning: The New York residency coincides with the Memorial Day holiday weekend - also the unofficial start of the summer travel season.

What would be the impact of this?

Date: November 18, 2023 23:40

DeanGoodman
treaclefingers

We've had some interesting convos about Vancouver hovels, I mean, hotels in the past.

Well prices for hotels in the downtown core have just gone up astronomically since even before COVID...Vancouver will be rocking that night so it will be nice to lay may head down in a great location...it's not a 4 star, or probably even 3 star but it's clean, in an amazing area and will be quiet when it needs to be!

Date: November 18, 2023 23:41

PaintMonkeyManBlack
DeanGoodman
Topi

Punishing hotel and airfare rates...book real early!

Date: November 18, 2023 23:42

SecondSet
treaclefingers
Well if you're a cheap bastard like me...just went onto Expedia and booked at the English Bay Hotel, which isn't too bad at all, a great area of downtown and for only C$184, $220 all in.

I like a (much) quieter spot less than a block from the park a bit closer to Coal Harbour and from C$285 per night direct, though it's decidedly not a party destination.

Cool...I think I know the hotel, just a bit further north on Denman, right?

Date: November 18, 2023 23:43

Ellipooh
I was Really Excited to see Orlando on the list, having just moved to the area last year from SF.
But boy, the online reviews of Camping World Stadium are overwhelmingly negative.
Doesn’t exactly give me warm and fuzzy feelings eye popping smiley

One of the Yelp reviews:

This is why I'm giving one star. Why is that??? Because row G doesn't have CUP HOLDERS! What is that? Row F and Row H and every other row has cup holders. Why doesn't row G?!??

Date: November 18, 2023 23:58

treaclefingers
SecondSet
treaclefingers

Cool...I think I know the hotel, just a bit further north on Denman, right?

No, it's well off the high street, though that one - I assume you don't mean the one that appears to have been converted to apartments - has always looked good too, perhaps better.

My favorite restaurants in both Vancouver and Seattle shuttered within the past two years, sadly, though I wonder whether the American chef might come out of his second retirement just short of the 50-year mark for a private client.

Date: November 19, 2023 00:04

treaclefingers
PaintMonkeyManBlack
DeanGoodman
Topi

Punishing hotel and airfare rates...book real early!

Thanks. But also an upside from tourist point of view?

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: November 19, 2023 00:08

Hotels booked for Glendale and Vegas! I will just drive home after the LA concerts. I am very excited that I should have 4 concerts this tour! Due to caregiving responsibilities, I can only be away from home one night, so I am pleased to have 4 drivable shows!! I am very EXCITED!!!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 19, 2023 00:24

Mabru

After 20 shows they need a long break that is my opinion. I really can’t see it but anything could happen who know.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: November 19, 2023 00:29

Hello everyone! How many people here have bought lucky dips and obtained pit in the USA and how many times?

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: November 19, 2023 01:07

I have a question: Previously, the Stones normally announce their tour two (sometimes three months) months in advance. It seems now they are announcing it almost five months earlier. Any ideas why?

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: November 19, 2023 01:11

I’ve bought LD twice. Once horrible seats (Rose Bowl, way on the right side of the stage almost at the very back row) and once pit (MetLife NJ). Places like LA, fewer good LD tix because they sell so many expensive tix there.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 19, 2023 01:17

Can some one tell me that’s been to Santa Clara. Is the stadium Stones are playing at near downtown & are there many hotels near stadium.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 19, 2023 01:33

Sockers56
I have a question: Previously, the Stones normally announce their tour two (sometimes three months) months in advance. It seems now they are announcing it almost five months earlier. Any ideas why?

Its all about the Benjamins

I am glad though. Means I don't get double booked.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 19, 2023 01:35

babyblue
Can some one tell me that’s been to Santa Clara. Is the stadium Stones are playing at near downtown & are there many hotels near stadium.

Its a corporate sprawl area. Lots of hotels within 5 miles, not many within walking distance.

Date: November 19, 2023 01:42

daspyknows
babyblue

Its a corporate sprawl area. Lots of hotels within 5 miles, not many within walking distance.

Both the Marriott and the Hilton are walkable, as is the newly-Hilton-managed boutique Avatar Hotel, which has a bit more personality, having been built by an SF-based independent group.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-19 03:20 by SecondSet.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 44

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2170
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home