Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 44
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour 2024
Posted by: Haki ()
Date: November 18, 2023 03:30

ProfessorWolf
Send It To me
Was just thinking I don't believe Charlie would have signed off of the unpleasant 2022 stage design (he was always in involved in that side of things). Be interesting to see what they do next year in that regard.

i was also wondering about the stage

any of you in the know hear anything about it?

I’ll try to hear a bit around and see if I can get any details! I work with a lot of the people who’s been the stage crew and riggers for some of the tourssmiling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 18, 2023 03:36

colonial
Topi
colonial
Any rumours of The Stones touring Australia and New Zealand, any rumours will do

Negative, sorry.

yea,so are us backwater colonials going to be missing out again, not fair

Well, you'll always have Ned Kelly, so there's that.

Date: November 18, 2023 03:38

BeastyBurdeny
Topi
Maybe I should bring my goalie gear.

IORR VS Shidoobee game of shinny would be a highlight of the tour. I'll bet Steve Jordan could fill the other net grinning smiley

Pickleball round robin tourney?

Date: November 18, 2023 03:45

DGA35
babyblue
DiegoGlimmerStones
Babyblue Vancouver link [twitter.com]

Thanks a lot DGS

Treacle!

HA HA! I'm in.

Posted by: Stonesfan13 ()
Date: November 18, 2023 03:45

Going out on a limb but with Chicago on the list prob not but in the teaser I saw lions! Maybe Detroit!! Lol

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 18, 2023 04:05

Haki
ProfessorWolf
Send It To me
Was just thinking I don't believe Charlie would have signed off of the unpleasant 2022 stage design (he was always in involved in that side of things). Be interesting to see what they do next year in that regard.

i was also wondering about the stage

any of you in the know hear anything about it?

I’ll try to hear a bit around and see if I can get any details! I work with a lot of the people who’s been the stage crew and riggers for some of the tourssmiling smiley

thanks i'd appreciate that

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: November 18, 2023 04:53

I enjoyed 2022 stage -- I suspect it wasn't captured well in photos for folks who didn't see it in person.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 18, 2023 05:05

I need to see dates but likely 6 to 8 will be my number. Even though its close really want to avoid No Fi stadium.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: November 18, 2023 05:55

Dan
TW2019
Anyone think the Bowery Presents teaser could actually be a small venue show for this tour? My thought initially was they just posted it because of the Racket show but I see they have Forest Hills Stadium. Capacity says 13,000. I think Waldbühne held about 20,000. Just a thought

They are an independent promoter but affiliated with AXS/AEG. I think they are just sharing the video, I wouldn't assume they are going to be touring their club circuit.

I've of two minds on this. As I said previously, I agreed that TBP were likely just sharing the video. I also dismissed out of hand the idea of a Forest Hills show.

However.

The teaser was posted by 16 venues (and two affiliates of the Orlando venue), at least two of which we expect to get two shows, and just two AEG affiliates or divisions - the Bowery Presents and AEG Presents Southwest. It was not shared by the main AEG accounts, their touring division Concerts West, their ticketing partner AXS, or other affiliates or regional offices like Goldenvoice in California, AEG Presents Las Vegas (though they did repost the Stones' signup message), AEG Rocky Mountains in Denver (though they did post a picture of the tongue on the outside of Mile High stadium with an eyes emoji), AEG Presents Cleveland, or PromoWest in Columbus, etc.

This makes me question whether those two regional partners/offices were in fact teasing shows at venues to be revealed. The Dallas-based SW office presents shows in Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. Clearly, that would cover Jazz Fest, which traditionally reveals its lineup in early-to-mid January. I think it would also cover the Ridgedale venue, just over the Arkansas border, though it had nothing to tease today itself.

Bowery has also presented shows in New Orleans in the past through its Atlanta office, but is based in NYC and Boston, and presents shows from Virginia to Maine, as well as in Western NY, and not only at the amphitheater in Rochester, though I'd imagine the stadium in Buffalo would similarly promote something from its own account.

What piqued my interest was their amphitheater at the raceway in Virginia. While Richmond isn't the sort of market that would make a smaller show economical or otherwise attractive, the track itself could be another story, assuming the infrastructure were able to handle a concert setup, splitting the difference between D.C. and Raleigh. I'm sure this is just a bit of fanciful imagineering, but they did play the Brickyard that one time.

And as for Forest Hills, they did appear there in '66, as immortalized in the present venue design, and it's also a storied tennis location for one of Mick's old aliases.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-18 05:57 by SecondSet.

Date: November 18, 2023 06:19

In theory, Bowery could also be posting for a stadium that lacks a social media presence separate from that of its tenant. That's technically true, for example, of M&T Bank Stadium, and Camden Yards for that matter, though the Maryland Sports Authority account appears to communicate on their behalf.

Commonwealth Stadium also seems to lack a social media presence apart from the Elks, though that seems very far afield for Bowery.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-18 06:34 by SecondSet.

Posted by: Bosmatic1 ()
Date: November 18, 2023 07:10

Please message as soon as you know rumoured date of a Vancouver show,

Sincerely-a Vancouver Island Stones fansmiling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 18, 2023 07:58

Over in Phantasyland there's a compilation of what the tour could possibly look like, but they have too many shows and not enough off days in between

[www.phantasytour.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-18 08:00 by Topi.

Date: November 18, 2023 08:25

Ad schwonek:

For reference - in 2018 the 2019 US Tour was announced on November 19 (the Monday of Thanksgiving week) and tickets went on sale November 30.

Date: November 18, 2023 09:40

From a comment on Shidoobee

"19 shows in 16 cities. NY LA and Chicago two shows"

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 18, 2023 09:56

Bosmatic1

Ucluelet Aquarium date locked in!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 18, 2023 10:55

Could few more shows be added later? Or is this it.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 18, 2023 11:00

CaptainCorella
Bosmatic1

Ucluelet Aquarium date locked in!

What/where/when is this for us clueless Aussies??

Rod

Date: November 18, 2023 11:01

babyblue
Could few more shows be added later? Or is this it.

History shows they might add a date or two, yes.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: November 18, 2023 11:16

Topi
From a comment on Shidoobee

"19 shows in 16 cities. NY LA and Chicago two shows"

If the first show is 24th April (as has been suggested), and the last date is 17th July (per IORR tour page), 19 shows would suggest three longer breaks during the tour.

From rumoured dates I've seen, the three off nights would need to be something like 19 May (after 6 shows), 4 or 7 June (after 3 or 4 more shows), and 23 June (after 3 shows, leaving 6 shows to the end of the tour). Not sure if I buy that or not. Perhaps there are only two breaks and the early June date gets filled in? But, then again, I'm not 80 years old.

syrel

Date: November 18, 2023 11:47

The cities that get double dates can be done with only two days off.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: November 18, 2023 12:00

I thought the three day breaks were because of the performers rather than the equipment??

Anyway, BV has just updated the tour page and is showing Houston as 28th April, so maybe the tour is starting later than initially rumoured, which would fit the 19 dates info. But if there are two breaks, the week before Philly doesn't make sense to me, as that's pretty much exactly halfway through.

2 breaks suggests to me something like 19 May and 19 June (5 shows, then 7, then 7). Hope I'm proven wrong and there's only one break and 20 shows though!

syrel

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 18, 2023 12:19

IORR NEWS and TOUR 2024 update:

Nov 18: The Rolling Stones Tour 2024 teasers are up
The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2024 is now backed by advertising banners at stadiums, and on the stadiums social media pages, like Facebook and X/Twitter. The tour is expected to cover 16 cities/venues, with 19 shows, including two shows in East Rutherford (NY/NJ), Chicago and Los Angeles. For updates see the IORR thread The Rolling Stones Tour 2024, and the IORR rumoured shows for The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2024.

The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2024

Bjornulf

Date: November 18, 2023 12:29

Had my CHI dates pinned down ok.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 18, 2023 12:54

Aw, man…hoping Buddy opens for them in Chicago! Or at least does a guest spot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-18 12:55 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 18, 2023 13:44

I booked a few nights in LA just in case. Quite shady neighborhood close to the stadium. Most of them are rated poorly at booking. Anyway - cant wait for the announcement and excitement.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 18, 2023 14:24

wow . . . . Ladies & Gentlemen, the Rolling Stones. One more time for all the glory and all the memories.

Date: November 18, 2023 14:41

Looks like there could be two breaks. One after SEA, another one after PHI.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-18 15:58 by Topi.

Date: November 18, 2023 15:17

Woz indicated that the tour started 4/24 - later specifying Houston - and that it would include 20 shows, not 19, and he has not posted anything to the contrary, so I guess a judgment has nevertheless been made that both were incorrect? I'm not sure who declared that there would be 19 shows or of their reliability.

I too expected Seattle on 5/15 for a long time based on both the prior tour plan - which put them there more than a month later, no? - and evidence about next year that others may be relying upon as well. But there is also similar evidence for a later date that others may not be seeing. Are others sure about that date, when average low temperatures remain in the mid-high 40s/circa 8.5 C? And, if Topi is correct about the timing of the breaks, that they're going to take a break after a Wednesday show?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-18 15:26 by SecondSet.

Date: November 18, 2023 15:27

It's BV who said 19 shows in 16 cities, so...

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 18, 2023 15:49

Looks like Bjornulf will miss strawberry season again. I hope he can settle for strawberry jam. smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 44

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1760
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home