Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 44
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour 2024
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 15, 2023 02:01

MAF
petewasbristol

The shows will come. I have to say though Summer 2024 is looking like it is is going to be the biggest and most packed I have ever seen for UK stadium, castle, festival and park shows. Along with the Euros, I would fully expect the thinking that 2025 is the Stones year for a European tour.
Yep, and another big act will play in stadiums in Europe next year: AC/DC

Didn’t know AC/DC touring Europe 2024

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: November 15, 2023 02:03

babyblue
MAF
petewasbristol

The shows will come. I have to say though Summer 2024 is looking like it is is going to be the biggest and most packed I have ever seen for UK stadium, castle, festival and park shows. Along with the Euros, I would fully expect the thinking that 2025 is the Stones year for a European tour.

Didn't know AC/DC was still a "big act" in Europe in 2024, though I gather they'll play stadium shows in the US as well, I'd imagine with several openers to help fill seats.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 15, 2023 04:52

GerardHennessy
schwonek
GerardHennessy
I always feel we are just a wee bit second best..

17 Europe
18 Europe
19 US
21 US
22 Europe
24 US

I do not think the UK (or Europe if you agree) are just a wee bit second best. It is equal.

Fair enough. Problem is we are NOT really Europe of course. Now less than ever given Brexit and the hassle of travelling with all kinds of documentation. Fact is we may get 3-4 concerts here in UK while in the US people expect to not have to travel very far at all to see the band. And don't have immigration, customs, passports etc etc to contend with.

But this is NOT me wanting to be petty minded. My original point was that a country that could not really care less about new Stones material gets such attention while those of us who appreciate new material don't...

It's not about the new album. Nothing has changed since 1989. As (kinda) pointed out in the thread, the US has A LOT MORE MONEY in it (it seems that less that go see the Stones in the US than in EU just glancing at the NO FILTER dates).

Touring EU has always been a hassle for the Stones, at least, as I recall, according to Mick.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 15, 2023 07:12

And again, tours behind new albums have always started in the US/North America, ever since Some Girls.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-15 07:19 by Topi.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 15, 2023 11:15

I wonder what the tour will be called? I guess it is pretty obvious:

HACKNEY DIAMOND TOUR

In the past we had:
Bridges to Babylon Tour
Voodoo Lounge Tour
A Bigger Bang Tour

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 15, 2023 12:23

SecondSet
babyblue
MAF
petewasbristol

Didn't know AC/DC was still a "big act" in Europe in 2024, though I gather they'll play stadium shows in the US as well, I'd imagine with several openers to help fill seats.

Back In Black is the 2nd biggest selling album in history and I imagine demand will be off the charts. US is almost an afterthought compared to their draw in Europe but their last US stadium tour they had a lot of help filling seats from Vintage Trouble.

They were the lynchpin of Powertrip which might as well been AC/DC and 5 opening acts.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: November 15, 2023 16:03

Vintage Trouble! Love them

Dan
SecondSet
babyblue
MAF
petewasbristol

Back In Black is the 2nd biggest selling album in history and I imagine demand will be off the charts. US is almost an afterthought compared to their draw in Europe but their last US stadium tour they had a lot of help filling seats from Vintage Trouble.

They were the lynchpin of Powertrip which might as well been AC/DC and 5 opening acts.

Date: November 15, 2023 16:26

Dan
SecondSet
babyblue
MAF
petewasbristol

This discussion is off-topic, but while I was being waggish about what I regard as an outdated cultural mode that was never cool, the album's actually only the 5th biggest seller, those sales took place over four decades (and a good number of buyers are now dead), and album sales have been a largely irrelevant metric for at least a decade, during which they've released one album that went Gold in the US and another that failed to hit that mark. Their last US tour, with youngster Axl Rose on vocals, failed to sell out a good number of arenas, and while the half-dozen major-market US stadium dates with their in-house screecher several months prior did sell quite well, they were regularly outsold by the Stones, the Grateful Dead, Taylor Swift, One Direction, and Kenny Chesney. And while I'm not particularly invested in which was the most important band at "Power Trip," I'll note that the one that closed the festival had previously headlined its own event at the venue, drawing a stadium-sized crowd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-15 16:29 by SecondSet.

The Rolling Stones Tour 2024
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 15, 2023 16:56

Legendary rock band emerge as the bookies' favourites to play Croke Park this summer

Rumours were rife that legendary Australian rockers AC/DC were the mystery act set to play Croke Park in August but the bookies have tipped another iconic band to be the unnannamed act lining up a gig at GAA HQ

Ruairi Scott Byrne
15 NOV 2023

Legendary rockers The Rolling Stone have emerged as the bookies favourites to be the mystery act lining up a gig at Croke Park this summer.

Reports emerged at the weekend that Croke Park is set to host a sixth major concert next year. It has already been confirmed that Coldplay will play four gigs at GAA HQ at the end of August and start of September while Bruce Springsteen will rock Croke Park for one night in May as part of his upcoming Irish tour.

The latest headline act is yet to be revealed, but it is understood that a planning application has been launched and the major act or performer will play the Drumcondra venue in August.

Full article > [www.buzz.ie]

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: November 15, 2023 16:59

rumors rumors rumors
they cant even spell the name of the band right.

wait till november 22 and you will know all smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 15, 2023 17:17

MononoM
rumors rumors rumors
they cant even spell the name of the band right.

wait till november 22 and you will know all smiling smiley

If they are going to do Croke Park, extremely doubtful it would be announced in conjunction with the NA tour.
Last time they couldn't even announce it with the UK tour due to the Neighborhood issues getting resolved etc.

Date: November 15, 2023 17:24

Quiet on the Stones teaser front so far, eh?

Anyhow, this pre-announcement buzz is the best part of a tour. The excitement, the speculation. The actual shows are nothing compared.

We've heard Miss You before. winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-15 17:47 by Topi.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 15, 2023 17:57

Topi

Anyhow, this pre-announcement buzz is the best part of a tour. The excitement, the speculation. The actual shows are nothing compared.

Totally agree. Aren't there usually more concrete rumors this close to a supposed tour announcement?

Date: November 15, 2023 18:01

Topi

Similar to the moment just before they hit the stage... lights down, excitement building, crowd hushed.. my favorite moment of the concerts cool smiley

Date: November 15, 2023 18:10

Agreed, DDDD

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 15, 2023 18:26

nothing from bv. This thread is not even a sticky… I wonder what this means for the rumors discussed here

Date: November 15, 2023 18:37

We have a fair number of pieces of information already. Woz has supplied several dates. hymenlips appears to have supplied another. I have shared, however obliquely, my informed opinion on several others, one reported from another board. One more piece from the West Coast or Southeast and I think I could put most of the tour together.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 15, 2023 18:42

slewan
nothing from bv. This thread is not even a sticky… I wonder what this means for the rumors discussed here

Maybe the Stones camp is a little bit more careful now after the last tour didn't even get announced.

Date: November 15, 2023 18:50

SecondSet
We have a fair number of pieces of information already. Woz has supplied several dates. hymenlips appears to have supplied another. I have shared, however obliquely, my informed opinion on several others, one reported from another board. One more piece from the West Coast or Southeast and I think I could put most of the tour together.

You mentioned earlier there could potentially be "another festival" besides Jazz Fest.

Doubtful, and not sure I could live through another Desert Trip type experience winking smiley but the second weekend of Coachella this year is April 19-21st.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: November 15, 2023 19:05

Someone on Shidoobee who appears to actually have info says tour announcement 11/22. I guess we will know in a week.

Date: November 15, 2023 19:29

MisterDDDD
SecondSet

You mentioned earlier there could potentially be "another festival" besides Jazz Fest.

Doubtful, and not sure I could live through another Desert Trip type experience winking smiley but the second weekend of Coachella this year is April 19-21st.

Bonnaroo, Firefly, whatever that one in Alabama or Columbus is, there are just so many festivals now. 10-20 years Coachella could have made sense but it's mainly pop now with classic rock/older alternative acts put in the Pasadena location but the capacity / possible price tiers there don't really make sense for the Stones.

Date: November 15, 2023 19:48

keefmick
Someone on Shidoobee who appears to actually have info says tour announcement 11/22. I guess we will know in a week.

If true, the London based machine should rethink that. The day before Thanksgiving (a strictly American affair) is not a good time to release this kind of info and there is generally very little activity on the ticket front Thanksgiving weekend.

We will know all about it but it could go over the head of the average consumer they sell the majority of tickets to.

Date: November 15, 2023 19:54

Dan
MisterDDDD
SecondSet

Bonnaroo, Firefly, whatever that one in Alabama or Columbus is, there are just so many festivals now. 10-20 years Coachella could have made sense but it's mainly pop now with classic rock/older alternative acts put in the Pasadena location but the capacity / possible price tiers there don't really make sense for the Stones.

Hence the "doubtful" but it does potentially fit with the tour timeline.

Jazz Fest also would have made more sense 20 years ago tbh.. now it's likely to be more just on the grounds at the racetrack than a part of the actual festival.. but we'll see, seems to be a bucket list festival for them.

Never been to Bonnaroo, but the tour dates could potentially work for that as well (June 13-16)

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 15, 2023 19:54

No tongues appearing at venues yet

Date: November 15, 2023 20:07

MisterDDDD
Dan
MisterDDDD
SecondSet

Hence the "doubtful" but it does potentially fit with the tour timeline.

Jazz Fest also would have made more sense 20 years ago tbh.. now it's likely to be more just on the grounds at the racetrack than a part of the actual festival.. but we'll see, seems to be a bucket list festival for them.

Never been to Bonnaroo, but the tour dates could potentially work for that as well (June 13-16)

Please not Bonnaroo. It's always either a constant dust cloud (in 2007 I was coughing up mud for a week after a dry Bonnaroo) or a mud pit. Traffic in and out is horrendous. The bands at Bonnaroo in the past few years have been trendy acts for teens and people in their 20s. I'd much rather drive 2.5 hours to Louisville than go to Bonnaroo.

Date: November 15, 2023 20:09

Dan
MisterDDDD
SecondSet

Hangout Fest in Alabama?

What about Memphis in May (festival)?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 15, 2023 20:18

NashvilleBlues

2024 Beale Street Music Festival's been cancelled.

[www.commercialappeal.com]

Date: November 15, 2023 20:32

In the States, the Stones would only play festivals presented by or in partnership with their promoter, which include Jazz Fest and those at the Empire Polo Club where Coachella is held, as well as a few lower-profile and often smaller festivals, such as the now-dormant if not defunct Firefly festival. They do not include Bonnaroo, a rival festival.

As mentioned above, Coachella has been headlined by acts of the Stones' generation in years past, but now generally serves a younger audience that favors younger artists, with older acts generally presented either at the Rose Bowl (often in mid-May) or in separate events at the polo field like Desert Trip (generally in early-mid October). That festival will return next year, I believe, but whether it will feature any previous headliner I don't know.

Canada is a bit of another story. In Ontario, Québec, and New Brunswick, the band has often opted to play one or more independent festivals or festival-style grounds in the absence of a desirable stadium venue not managed by a rival entity. While I have no specific information to suggest that they will do so, it would not surprise me to see such an event on or later added to the tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-15 20:33 by SecondSet.

Date: November 15, 2023 21:10

bye bye johnny
NashvilleBlues

2024 Beale Street Music Festival's been cancelled.

[www.commercialappeal.com]

Thanks. I didn't know that. Loved seeing Soundgarden there 10 days before Chris Cornell's death.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: November 15, 2023 21:49

Dan
keefmick

If true, the London based machine should rethink that. The day before Thanksgiving (a strictly American affair) is not a good time to release this kind of info and there is generally very little activity on the ticket front Thanksgiving weekend.

A Nov. 22 announcement would be a useful PSA: If you're thinking of blowing a couple of grand on Black Friday cr@p, you're going to need that for a Stones ticket.

And the onsale doesn't have to be that weekend, btw. It could be Cyber Monday, for example, or just any day.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 44

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2531
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home