Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 44
Re: 2024 Tour?
Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: October 4, 2023 07:48

babyblue
Deathgod
I’m tipping Australia NZ early 24
Then US

What happened to Brazil?

It’s still there, why?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 4, 2023 08:03

They won't be going much longer.

One more new album.

Whatever touring.

It's approaching the end real quick.

Enjoy what we have.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 4, 2023 10:33

GasLightStreet

One more new album.

Whatever touring.

Enjoy what we have.

I'm with you, there. For me, whether they perform live again is quite unimportant. We have a new album to devour, and, hopefully, another beyond that. This is far, far more exciting than seeing them on stage once again. I do know that for some, the live-experience is a lifeblood, but it isn't for me, personally.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 4, 2023 10:50

For what it's worth, the Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia South at The Navy Yard (near Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia) has much higher rates from Sunday, June 16th through Friday, June 21, 2024. They're asking for 900 USD for 2 nights around those dates, while the lowest price in the month of June for 2 nights is quoted at 554 USD at the moment.

(OK, looks like Tim McGraw is playing Wells Fargo on June 20 but would that explain the rate hike for that whole week? IDK.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-04 10:58 by Topi.

Date: October 4, 2023 11:05

Topi
For what it's worth, the Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia South at The Navy Yard (near Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia) has much higher rates from Sunday, June 16th through Friday, June 21, 2024. They're asking for 900 USD for 2 nights around those dates, while the lowest price in the month of June for 2 nights is quoted at 554 USD at the moment.

(OK, looks like Tim McGraw is playing Wells Fargo on June 20 but would that explain the rate hike for that whole week? IDK.)

doesnt seem a hotel the stones would stay. or do you mean they would know from the lincoln field events?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-04 11:06 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Date: October 4, 2023 11:09

Yeah, not a band hotel obviously, but it's basically the closest one to the venue. I have no idea what's going on. Sometimes the road crew stays close to the venues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-04 11:11 by Topi.

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: October 4, 2023 11:13

Topi
Err, sure, there're and here're. Mick mentioned in a recent interview to a Finnish newspaper that he would like to come back to Finland...

Hi Topi,

Kindly could you share the link to that interview? Even if it is in Finnish language smiling smiley
Thanks!

Date: October 4, 2023 11:17

MonicaDe
Topi
Err, sure, there're and here're. Mick mentioned in a recent interview to a Finnish newspaper that he would like to come back to Finland...

Hi Topi,

Kindly could you share the link to that interview? Even if it is in Finnish language smiling smiley
Thanks!

I'm afraid it's for Helsingin Sanomat subscribers only, but: [www.hs.fi]

Anyway, he's just saying that to please the Finnish journalist. I don't think they'll ever play Finland again. For one thing, logistically it's an island and there are bigger and better venues elsewhere.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-04 11:29 by Topi.

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: October 4, 2023 11:25

Thank you Topi! smiling smiley

Posted by: Maya0104 ()
Date: October 4, 2023 12:15

Topi
MonicaDe
Topi

Hi Topi,

Thanks!

I'm afraid it's for Helsingin Sanomat subscribers only, but: [www.hs.fi]

Anyway, he's just saying that to please the Finnish journalist. I don't think they'll ever play Finland again. For one thing, logistically it's an island and there are bigger and better venues elsewhere.

I think they WILL play in Finland!
Keeping my fingers crossed, especially that their show would be great excuse to visit Helsinki again.
winking smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 4, 2023 12:20

babyblue
Deathgod
Then US

What happened to Brazil?

i don't know but there were consistent rumours of them touring latin america again that started during the last tour with the (if i'm remembering correctly) uk ambassador to mexico saying they were gonna play in mexico again

and there have been more rumours and speculation of latin american shows too

but it's been awhile since i've read any new ones here so maybe those plans have been scrapped (if there were indeed and serious plans to begun with)

however i can't seem to recall any rumours from reliable sources that mentioned australia, japan, or even europe before american (north or south) shows

and with ronnie's recent comments, bv's 23 to 24 hints, and the rumours about philly and chicago it would seem that north america is up next

maybe they'll do a show in mexico during that tour?

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: October 4, 2023 13:44

ProfessorWolf
babyblue
Deathgod
Then US

What happened to Brazil?

i don't know but there were consistent rumours of them touring latin america again that started during the last tour with the (if i'm remembering correctly) uk ambassador to mexico saying they were gonna play in mexico again

but it's been awhile since i've read any new ones here so maybe those plans have been scrapped (if there were indeed and serious plans to begun with)

however i can't seem to recall any rumours from reliable sources that mentioned australia, japan, or even europe before american (north or south) shows

and with ronnie's recent comments, bv's 23 to 24 hints, and the rumours about philly and chicago it would seem that north america is up next

What potential Chicago showw? I missed this. Is a venue mentioned?

Date: October 4, 2023 13:52

dkwalika

See hymenlips' posts on page 10 of this thread

[iorr.org]

While they did not mention a specific venue, you'd have to think it's Soldier Field. The Stones were originally supposed to play there on June 30 this year.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-04 13:54 by Topi.

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: October 4, 2023 14:06

Topi
dkwalika

See hymenlips' posts on page 10 of this thread

[iorr.org]

While they did not mention a specific venue, you'd have to think it's Soldier Field. The Stones were originally supposed to play there on June 30 this year.

Yes, saw them there in 19, last with Charlie. Thanks!

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: October 5, 2023 01:14

July NASCAR dates confirmed

[www.chicagobusiness.com]

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 6, 2023 16:15

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: October 6, 2023 14:19

German Tabloid BILD Interview with Mick Jagger Oct 6, 2023

[www.bild.de]

Will you be touring with the new songs?

Jagger: “I really hope so. We are currently planning for next year.”

from here iorr

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: October 6, 2023 20:12

ProfessorWolf

[www.bild.de]

from here iorr

Its very tempting to read too much into an exchange like the one quoted above. The band will always be asked questions of this kind, and, understandably, will answer graciously, and as optimistically as possible. After all they are unlikely to say 'no'. Or 'I don't think so'. Or 'we don't know'. The press would have a field day with anything like that. You can just see it now 'Stones Stop Rolling' 'It's all Over Now' 'Jagger says We're Out Of Time' And all the usual rubbish the tabloid press dream up...

In fact I think Jagger's answer is wonderfully articulated. And skilfully executed. He never says an unequivocal 'yes'. He expresses hope and positivity without making any commitment. And he lets us know that nothing is set in concrete. Minds remain open, planning is underway, but nothing is guaranteed.

After 60 years of being in the public eye, the man has become a true expert in handling interviews.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: October 7, 2023 10:13

Sasha signed up for MJ - The Musical.
No, that’s not Mick Jagger - The Musical.

Instagram post

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 7, 2023 14:18

GerardHennessy
ProfessorWolf

[www.bild.de]

from here iorr

Its very tempting to read too much into an exchange like the one quoted above. The band will always be asked questions of this kind, and, understandably, will answer graciously, and as optimistically as possible. After all they are unlikely to say 'no'. Or 'I don't think so'. Or 'we don't know'. The press would have a field day with anything like that. You can just see it now 'Stones Stop Rolling' 'It's all Over Now' 'Jagger says We're Out Of Time' And all the usual rubbish the tabloid press dream up...

In fact I think Jagger's answer is wonderfully articulated. And skilfully executed. He never says an unequivocal 'yes'. He expresses hope and positivity without making any commitment. And he lets us know that nothing is set in concrete. Minds remain open, planning is underway, but nothing is guaranteed.

After 60 years of being in the public eye, the man has become a true expert in handling interviews.

Can't argue with that !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 8, 2023 19:30

ProfessorWolf
babyblue
Deathgod
Then US

What happened to Brazil?

What rumour about Philly, please fill me in.

Date: October 8, 2023 20:43

babyblue

What rumour about Philly, please fill me in.

See BeastyBurdeny's post on the previous page:

[iorr.org]

Posted by: benito ()
Date: October 19, 2023 04:59

Y’all see this? Ronnie directly mentions they’re “locked in/committed to Touring the US in 2024”, says it multiple times. Fingers crossed!

[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 19, 2023 05:58

Big Al
GasLightStreet

One more new album.

Whatever touring.

Enjoy what we have.

I'm with you, there. For me, whether they perform live again is quite unimportant. We have a new album to devour, and, hopefully, another beyond that. This is far, far more exciting than seeing them on stage once again. I do know that for some, the live-experience is a lifeblood, but it isn't for me, personally.

I get that some people don't care if they play anything new, they enjoy hearing HOT ROCKS + REWIND. That is truly awesome that they play those and people dig it.

As much as I love the Stones I prefer new material, never before played material and rarely performed material with a much lighter hand of the hits. I know there are some that absolutely have to be played.

What ones?

They've played Tumbling Dice since 1972 on every tour (except for a couple shows in 1995) and not, oh, Satisfaction or Brown Sugar or SFTD or Gimme Shelter.

Well it's a damn great song so yeah.

Of course, Jumpin' Jack Flash (also except for a couple shows in 1995). Start Me Up. Miss You. Those must play songs.

Those two shows in 1995 they left out lot out.

That would be fine. Less. More new, newer, recent and some odd gems from some not Big 6 albums like BLACK AND BLUE or IORR or even something else from EMOTIONAL RESCUE or UNDERCOVER. Or BETWEEN THE BUTTONS.

Maybe that's what they'll do in 2024. Maybe they'll pull a SOME GIRLS and play a majority of HACKNEY DIAMONDS.

Hopefully they still believe in it when the tour starts, unlike the last one.

Or maybe another new album and...

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: October 19, 2023 08:12

I wonder if they'll announce the 2024 USA tour in late November like the 2019 No Filter tour (announced Nov 19th 2018). Doesn't fit their usual model for announcement, but maybe as part of the hype-train it's possible?

Date: October 19, 2023 12:00

if they are to perform more than 3 songs today it would seem possible to do something before the us summer 24 tour right? .

They all seem very fit and happy. And happy with the album.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 19, 2023 12:33

Don't see the connection with the number of songs they perform today ?

They could start touring in a month if they really wanted to but with these mega bucks tours a lot of planning has to be done to optimize all aspects. It's not worth their while to play theaters...at this point (and starting in 81 really) they need things to be HUGE !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 19, 2023 12:43

It's kind of sad Mick is already saying the public doesn't want to hear new songs and they maybe will play 1 or 2 new songs in upcoming concerts. They wanna hear Gimme Shelter. Same old same old I guess.

Posted by: hymenlips ()
Date: October 25, 2023 22:16

Chicago 6/30/24. Done deal

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: October 25, 2023 22:30

hymenlips
Chicago 6/30/24. Done deal

Same city on the same date as what was supposed to happen this year?

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 25, 2023 22:53

jackflash27
babyblue
Deathgod
Then US

What happened to Brazil?

It’s still there, why?

LOLOL! Or is that LULULU?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext