Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122
Current Page: 22 of 22
Re: Angry - Track Talk
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 3, 2024 22:49

Rockman
....and so it should ....

Its got humour ... massive riff ....
Mick spittin' out thee lyrics.... Classic Stones ....

Agreed and you should have written the article around it. It's their chosen number one song and they can't even explain why they like it.

Just that the only thing that will end the Rolling Stones is the destruction of the planet. I know that was meant in good fun, but for the love of god at least describe why you like the song!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 3, 2024 23:11

Amazed the Keith and cockroaches
joke didnt make it into to the review .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: January 4, 2024 15:46

LeonidP
I'll probably get lambasted, but to me, it's every bit as great as Start Me Up

I like it better than Start Me Up, right from the getgo. I also think it sounded awesome live in NYC. I don’t think it’s an easy song to pull off, for Mick, but thought he did great.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 10, 2024 02:18

History might show that Angry is the "next" Start Me Up in regards to the immediacy of the single/song.

It's obvious from the intro that that is completely plausible.

Unlike SMU, A has a lot of movement in it.

Start Me Up is a bit rigid within its structure, which is fantastic, whereas Angry has (more) flow to it.

Chart wise etc it will never compare but in regard to being a song, absolutely.

How many (lead off) singles has there been since Start Me Up? * for hits comp, not studio album:

Undercover Of The Night
Harlem Shuffle
Mixed Emotions
Anybody Seen My Baby
Don't Stop*
Rough Justice
Doom And Gloom*
Angry

Prior to Start Me Up going back to Rolling Stones Records beginning:
Brown Sugar
Tumbling Dice
Angie
IORR
Fool To Cry
Miss You
Emotional Rescue

Just those, all of them, make an incredible compilation. Of course they do.

Has there ever been a second or more Stones single that performed better chart wise than the trailer/first single?

Can't think of any. Haven't looked but it seems reasonable to say that.

If Angry is the last "big" single, so be it. At this point in time it's astounding they're still going. Mick turned 80 after recording the album. He'll be 80 (technically he's into his 81st year but whatever) going into the 2024 tour, 81 not long after it finishes.

Not much longer for The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: January 10, 2024 07:34

Had some surgery recently, so I wasn’t at the gym for several weeks, but at the gym today I heard Angry. Then I stopped in the supermarket and heard Sympathy. I was pleased to hear both. I was wearing a Stones sweatshirt and some guy told me the Stones are his favorite band. It was a good day.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: January 12, 2024 13:19

Angry will always remind me of the sticky unexpected heat of late summer 2023, in the grimy streets of Hackney, where I was lucky enough to be based for that magical week.

I hear it now, in the depths of winter, and I can feel the hot sun and smell the sweat. I love it.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 13, 2024 19:29

Gaslightstreet - Beat of burden made the top ten but still it did not outperform Miss You. That might be the highest charting second single from an album I can think of. They've had other successful second and even third singles but nothing close to the lead. Waiting On A Friend, Lady Jane, Wild Horses, Heartbreaker, Rock and A Hard Place, Shattered (that was a third). It;s amazing how many quality songs the band has

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: January 13, 2024 20:02

Almost Hear You Sigh was, as a, what, fourth single? pretty big in The Netherlands I think. A totally underrated song. But the idea is indeed: first single is THE hit song off the album, the rest is minor in terms of commercial performance, has been that way since the early 70s.
In fact most of the 60s singles were not featured on the albums anyway.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 14, 2024 05:51

SomeGuy
Almost Hear You Sigh was, as a, what, fourth single? pretty big in The Netherlands I think. A totally underrated song. But the idea is indeed: first single is THE hit song off the album, the rest is minor in terms of commercial performance, has been that way since the early 70s.
In fact most of the 60s singles were not featured on the albums anyway.

Some bands/artists have done a stand alone single/EP in the 2010s and 2020s.

Can't understand how it could be any different in regard to sales, LP (etc) or not, in the 2020s vs the 1960s.

Except, of course, for the marketing. Which is bizarre, sometimes, because in the 1960s, say, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Decca Records didn't have an issue with BEGGARS - yet these days...

Record labels deciding things. Big outreach on YouTube. Yet anyone can.

OK yeah, big difference between placement by UMG vs indie little so and so.

LOL society is so dispersed in what works, what matters - anything matters because...

Say two million a day play Stairway To Heaven but 3 million play Blow Up The Outside World... in a matter of...

And so on.

It's ala carte. It's the digital reality of buying singles and albums as in the 1950s onward with counts that count in many aspects except at some point it doesn't matter (count) anymore: it doesn't actually mean anything because next week...

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: January 14, 2024 08:46

peoplewitheyes
Angry will always remind me of the sticky unexpected heat of late summer 2023, in the grimy streets of Hackney, where I was lucky enough to be based for that magical week.

I hear it now, in the depths of winter, and I can feel the hot sun and smell the sweat. I love it.

thumbs up smileys with beer

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 24, 2024 16:16

After listening to this one again this morning...

I still LOVE the video.
I now believe that Mick is talking to himself throughout.
I miss Hairball.

Keep Going and Keep Smiling...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122
Current Page: 22 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home