Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 22
Re: ANGRY - new Stones single and video
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 15, 2023 19:35

Irix

In Germany, 'Angry' is #13 in the Midweek Singles charts - [iorr.org] .

In the official Single Top-100 on Friday, 15-Sep-2023, 'Angry' is just #21 in Germany - [www.OffizielleCharts.de] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-21 09:35 by Irix.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 15, 2023 19:39

georgelicks
#34 for Angry on the UK Singles Chart, vía Radio 1.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

I’m impressed it cracked the top-40!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 15, 2023 19:50

Let's hope Sweet Sounds of Heaven will hit #1 !

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 15, 2023 20:29

In Austria, Angry didn't chart at all so far.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 15, 2023 21:23

[www.officialcharts.com]

UK Sales Report: W/E 21st September 2023
Source: Music Week
Commentary: Alan Jones

Singles

01 54,414 Doja Cat - Paint the Town Red [1,188 downloads, 53,226 streaming]
02 43,651 Olivia Rodrigo - vampire
03 34,758 Olivia Rodrigo - bad idea right?
04 30,452 Fred again.. & Obongjayar - adore u
05 30,194 cassö, RAYE & D-Block Europe - Prada
06 30,114 Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer
07 28,445 Olivia Rodrigo - get him back!
08 27,265 Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Desire
09 26,212 Peggy Gou - (It Goes Like) Nanana
10 25,078 Becky Hill & Chase & Status - Disconnect

11 24,528 Billie Eilish - What Was I Made For?
12 24,350 Kenya Grace - Strangers
13 24,085 Chase & Status & Bou feat. IRah, Flowdan, Trigga & Takura - Baddadan
21 13,068 Troye Sivan - Rush
22 12,608 Issey Cross - Bittersweet Goodbye
23 12,398 Burna Boy - City Boys
24 12,133 V - Slow Dancing
28 10,297 Leigh-Anne feat. Ayra Starr - My Love [2,766 CDs]
33 9,002 ANOTR & Abel Balder - Relax My Eyes
34 8,958 The Rolling Stones - Angry [961 CDs, 906 7-inch, 1,285 12-inch]
35 8,949 Cardi B & Megan Thee Stallion - Bongos

43 8,482 Billy Gillies feat. Hannah Boleyn - DNA (Loving You)
45 8,370 Zach Bryan feat. Kacey Musgraves - I Remember Everything
52 7,589 Clavish & Aitch - Tip Toes
53 7,497 Hannah Laing & HVRR - Party All the Time
55 7,318 Tyla - Water
69 6,278 Jungle - Back On 74
70 6,148 Beyond Chicago, Majestic & Alex Mills - Million Dollar Bill

"Sixty years to the week since The Rolling Stones’ debut hit – a cover of Chuck Berry’s Come On – was at its peak position of No.21, the legendary band return to the chart with their 55th hit in total and highest-charting single since 2005 with Angry (No.34, 8,958 sales). It also debuts at No.2 on the CD singles chart (961 sales) and No.1 on both the 7-inch (906 sales) and 12-inch (1,285 sales) singles charts, the latter actually courtesy of a 10-inch single. The introductory single from their upcoming album Hackney Diamonds – their first for seven years – it means that they are the first act in chart history to have a span of newly-recorded hits spanning 60 years.

Effectively reduced to a trio by the death of drummer Charlie Watts in 2021, they have an average age of 78.67 and thus take the record for the oldest group to have a hit from The Zimmers, who reached No.26 with their cover of The Who’s My Generation in 2007. In reality more of a large aggregation put together for a BBC show than a real ‘band’, the Zimmers had a reported average age of 78, and a likely average of 78.5 minus a fraction for the purportedly inflated age claimed by supposed oldest member Buster Martin."

Also "Forty Licks" is up at #58 on the albums chart with over 2,200 units.

[www.officialcharts.com]

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 15, 2023 21:44

georgelicks, thank you that really is an incredible achievement, I'm sure it will never be beaten, 60 years, wow hot smiley

Posted by: andreas ()
Date: September 15, 2023 22:21

Wow the ANGRY 10 inch 45 rpm black wax sounds fantastic!! Even more punchy than the red 7 inch !

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: September 16, 2023 02:34

Angry just gets better and better with every listen.Holds it’s head up high alongside Start me up and Tumbling Dice.
Can’t wait for the album.And the Gaga track Heaven is gonna be a smash hit

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: September 16, 2023 03:17

Over 15 million views in just over a week on YouTube. It’s also still “trending”

Date: September 16, 2023 10:15

stargroover

And the Gaga track Heaven is gonna be a smash hit

It's a 7+ mins long gospel-based track, the lyrics can be found here: [iorr.org] . For a "smash hit" you'll probably need something better than 'Angry', convincing even non-Stones fans.

Date: September 16, 2023 10:17

stargroover
Angry just gets better and better with every listen.Holds it’s head up high alongside Start me up and Tumbling Dice.

Lol, come on man, it's not as good as SMU and Dice.
More comparable with I Go Wild, and that's being generous because I Go Wild worked live, Angry won't work live.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-16 10:19 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 16, 2023 12:24

Angry is #34 in UK charts, what about other charts?!
In Billboard US official charts what is her position, has it reached Top 100?!

Date: September 16, 2023 12:47

mailexile67
Angry is #34 in UK charts, what about other charts?!
In Billboard US official charts what is her position, has it reached Top 100?!

I think the chart will be updated today, 16 September.

Date: September 16, 2023 12:50

mailexile67

what about other charts?!

Worldwide charts, mainly based on Apple Music/iTunes and YouTube - [www.Top-Charts.com] .

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 16, 2023 13:33

Billboard US charts?!

Date: September 16, 2023 14:00

mailexile67
Billboard US charts?!

I think the chart will be updated today, 16 September!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 16, 2023 14:26

They are #44 on the Billboard Hot Rock & Alternative Songs.

I don't know why, but Living in a Ghost Town seemed to be doing better on most charts. Maybe because of lockdown times.

I wouldn't expect them to chart on the Billboard Hot 100, they haven't charted since the Neptunes remix of Sympathy for the Devil in 2003.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-16 14:28 by NilsHolgersson.

Posted by: mkbbcmr ()
Date: September 16, 2023 15:00

More importantly, "Angry" has found its provisional position in my personal Top50 Stones-45s (UK releases only) at #23. To add a bit of context: #22 is "One Hit (To The Body)" while "No Spare Parts" follows at #24. Not exactly pole position then but very good, indeed. Looking forward now to "Sweet Sounds Of Heaven" despite of the Gaga woman guesting. Tryin' to keep an open mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-16 16:14 by mkbbcmr.

Date: September 16, 2023 15:05

I haven't followed the charts for so many decades i really couldn't care less, but i watch a lot of YouTube music and to my mind a lot of people are watching and loving Angry, perhaps the next single with Lady GaGa will chart better but again, I'm not into the industry and it's manipulation of music, so @#$%& the charts and it's fake stars.

Date: September 16, 2023 15:25

NilsHolgersson

I wouldn't expect them to chart on the Billboard Hot 100, they haven't charted since the Neptunes remix of Sympathy for the Devil in 2003.

And it scraped in at #97, according to Wikipedia.

Oh well, I don't think it matters, really. The Stones' time as a regular, high-charting singles-act is very-much yesteryear. The same applies to the majority of 'rock acts'; be they contemporary, or relics from the 60's and 70's. Yep, they've charted well, singles-wise, in some select markets - Living in A Ghost Town hitting #1 in Germany, for example -, but they're anomaly's, of course.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 16, 2023 16:21

keefriffhards
stargroover

More comparable with I Go Wild, and that's being generous because I Go Wild worked live, Angry won't work live.
To compare Angry to Start Me Up and Depending on to tumbling dice is ridiculous and, above all, disrespectful of the Stones' work.
Without, laugh, come on stop, what is excessive becomes truly ridiculous, even when you're a fan.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: September 16, 2023 16:50

i dont care about charts at all. its not a quality sign to be in the charts. for me i am not buying the single at all but for sure the album! til the release i am enjoying angry from YT!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 16, 2023 16:58

NilsHolgersson
I don't know why, but Living in a Ghost Town seemed to be doing better on most charts. Maybe because of lockdown times.

Maybe because Ghost Town is the better song?

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: September 16, 2023 20:21

powerage78
keefriffhards
stargroover

To compare Angry to Start Me Up and Depending on to tumbling dice is ridiculous and, above all, disrespectful of the Stones' work.
Without, laugh, come on stop, what is excessive becomes truly ridiculous, even when you're a fan.

Haha. This is not Keef riffin' hard. It is the least imaginative riff (if you can call it that) in the Stones canon. It is an uninspired pop song with a catchy chorus found in one of Jagger's scrapbooks. It was written to impress and sell and to prove something. Perhaps it was written to prove the industry and fellow musicians that the Stones still rule -- this matters to them a whole lot!

I know how I sound like when I say what I have said above. I know... but I just could not believe that people would say stuff like this is the best single since Start Me Up. Bollocks.

I am excited for the Boys that there is life in them to keep the band going. What a feat! I would not have thought. Hats off.

I have not read any 'official' reviews from critics who do that for a living but I strongly doubt that journalists who depend on the Stones management good will would dare write anything bad about this hell of forgettable song that sounds more like a Jagger solo cut. And again, the production: loud, in-your-face, biggest-bang. Oh, boy...

There was a time when Brenda asked for his vocal to be buried and that's the way I like it. Good ol' days.

Let's see what the album has to offer.

Posted by: Andithurts ()
Date: September 16, 2023 21:12

This is exactly the band that has enriched my life for 50 years! I hear nothing but one of the best Stones songs in ages. I'm sorry, but I absolutely can not understand such assessment:

"Haha. This is not Keef riffin' hard. It is the least imaginative riff (if you can call it that) in the Stones canon. It is an uninspired pop song with a catchy chorus found in one of Jagger's scrapbooks. It was written to impress and sell and to prove something. Perhaps it was written to prove the industry and fellow musicians that the Stones still rule -- this matters to them a whole lot!

I know how I sound like when I say what I have said above. I know... but I just could not believe that people would say stuff like this is the best single since Start Me Up. Bollocks."

I'm shattered! Someone has not internalized the basic elixir in the music of the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 16, 2023 21:18

frenki09
powerage78
keefriffhards
stargroover

Haha. This is not Keef riffin' hard. It is the least imaginative riff (if you can call it that) in the Stones canon. It is an uninspired pop song with a catchy chorus found in one of Jagger's scrapbooks. It was written to impress and sell and to prove something. Perhaps it was written to prove the industry and fellow musicians that the Stones still rule -- this matters to them a whole lot!

I know how I sound like when I say what I have said above. I know... but I just could not believe that people would say stuff like this is the best single since Start Me Up. Bollocks.

I am excited for the Boys that there is life in them to keep the band going. What a feat! I would not have thought. Hats off.

I have not read any 'official' reviews from critics who do that for a living but I strongly doubt that journalists who depend on the Stones management good will would dare write anything bad about this hell of forgettable song that sounds more like a Jagger solo cut. And again, the production: loud, in-your-face, biggest-bang. Oh, boy...

There was a time when Brenda asked for his vocal to be buried and that's the way I like it. Good ol' days.

Let's see what the album has to offer.

+1

Well said.

Drew

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 16, 2023 21:30

Doxa
This is fantastic, people. We are witnessing history.
- Doxa

Doxa, you are onto something very interesting here. But I'm not quite understanding your point. What is the history we are witnessing?

Drew

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: September 16, 2023 21:53

There we have the basement voice again,most stupid clovn ever

Date: September 16, 2023 22:16

drewmaster thanks for putting the record straight, words of wisdom thumbs up

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 16, 2023 22:25

Not gonna read through all theses ANGRY posts

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2255
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home