Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 19 of 21
Re: Rolling Stones LIVE in conversation with Jimmy Fallon, September 6
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 7, 2023 14:00

Manofwealthandtaste
Classic SUN headline posted above by child-of-the-moon - don't mention the music, let's concentrate on 'Sydney's steamy Stones video'!

Well, if one looks the amount of streams the video is gathering, it all works for the Stones... Namely, that's probably best possible advertising for the video, and thereby, to the song itself.

This is how it works, people.

- Doxa

Date: September 7, 2023 14:06

Yes, that's true.

Date: September 7, 2023 14:12

MadMetaphoricalMax
It was great fun, I was in the front row, and the energy between them was great. An ease, a humour, and a cool that has to be lived with long, and can't be faked. Off the Hook was a great moment and Fallon was a good compere. It was an audience of international press, friends and family, I understand. I dunno about anyone behind me, but I stood up when they came on, it was a magic moment to be up close and in the room.
The single is fantastic, it really hits it out the park, and gone global, and while there are always moaners and negativity, it's hard to understand among fans on a fan board. They all sound like Jan Moir, a hideous old hack on the Daily Mail who attempts a scattershot, sour-toned hit job on the band. It's quite funny to read. They can still outrage the right people....

Cheers!

And thanks to Fallon, we did get some live music after all.. We have not heard "Off The Hook" for ages...

- Doxa

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: September 7, 2023 15:01

Really bad song and video clip. I'm embarassed, i was so excited...

At least, i bet you all gonna love the last track on the album winking smiley

Date: September 7, 2023 15:05

AntoineParis
Really bad song and video clip. I'm embarassed, i was so excited...

At least, i bet you all gonna love the last track on the album winking smiley

Angry is excellent. And The Stones doing Muddy will be excellent, too smiling smiley

Date: September 7, 2023 15:53

Stones music demand patience and being able to listen to it repeteadly for some time.

I am flabbergasted by the instant comments done by....fans.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 16:02

emotionalbarbecue
Stones music demand patience and being able to listen to it repeteadly for some time.

Is it possible here to have a mixed opinion on the Stones? It's frightening, frankly!

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 7, 2023 16:03

northof49
Gram
‘Catch you up at the lights… shut them both up’ spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[www.instagram.com]

smileys with beer15 seconds of Keith being Keith, nothing rehearsed, staged or forced...best part of the whole damn day!

"I'll keep the pen" cool smiley

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 16:14

powerage78
emotionalbarbecue

Is it possible here to have a mixed opinion on the Stones? It's frightening, frankly!

Haha, Stones music is neither Bach nor Bitches Brew. I know what I like and don't like in a tune from the first listen on.

Date: September 7, 2023 16:24

powerage78
emotionalbarbecue

Try the critics' section!

Seriously, it's a fan board (and we're hungry for new music) smileys with beer

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 7, 2023 16:43

MisterDDDD
The boys do best with someone they like and being able to make funny quips.
Not the host's fault for the topics off limits, like a tour etc.

They were fairly relaxed and had some really good comedic jabs at each other.
Gotta give some credit to Fallon for that, and ended up a very successful event for the band imo.

Keith: "You've never been in a church in your whole life" smiling smiley

Agreed. While they performed as if remarks were ad-libbed, it was all well rehearsed. Mick, of course, has been photographed and filmed in churches for weddings, funerals, and even the christening of his own children. They all delivered it well. It was a set up for Fallon to do his Jagger bit and for Mick to pretend mock outrage. Even at their ages, these guys are absolute professionals doing promo work. You saw better questions and answers during Mick and Ronnie's meet and greets with the press after the show.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 7, 2023 16:47

howlingmad

Yes, Fallon may not be anyone's first choice for this kind of thing, but it's clear he helped put the band at ease which led to a lot of good lines. I also can't see any other host getting Mick to start singing "Off The Hook"!

That reminded me of when Dennis Miller got them to sing a bit of "Parachute Woman" back in the 1990s. These things appear spontaneous, but of course they're not. You can't take a chance that someone won't respond and the moment falls flat. Like the New Era bit, it's all fluff, but it's entertaining fluff that serves its purpose of generating a buzz.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 16:52

Keith laughed when Mick talked about church yesterday, but he was actually talking about gospel. As for gospel, at least Mick was in attendance at the New Temple Missionary Baptist Church in LA in 1972 for Aretha Franklin's Amazing Grace. Along with Charlie. Both can be seen on the video. Take that, Kiff winking smiley

Date: September 7, 2023 17:05

The song title 'Bite My Head Off' makes me think of Alice Cooper's song 'I'll Bite Your Face Off', which has a Rolling Stones sound and feel to it.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 19:09

MadMetaphoricalMax
It was great fun, I was in the front row, and the energy between them was great. An ease, a humour, and a cool that has to be lived with long, and can't be faked. Off the Hook was a great moment and Fallon was a good compere. It was an audience of international press, friends and family, I understand. I dunno about anyone behind me, but I stood up when they came on, it was a magic moment to be up close and in the room.
The single is fantastic, it really hits it out the park, and gone global, and while there are always moaners and negativity, it's hard to understand among fans on a fan board. They all sound like Jan Moir, a hideous old hack on the Daily Mail who attempts a scattershot, sour-toned hit job on the band. It's quite funny to read. They can still outrage the right people....

Thanks for the post! Agree, love the song.. How did you manage to get in if you don’t mind me asking?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 7, 2023 19:13

snoopy2
MadMetaphoricalMax

Thanks for the post! Agree, love the song.. How did you manage to get in if you don’t mind me asking?

I think he meant front row in front of his computer.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 7, 2023 19:39

where's the negativity? did not find- any in all the pages since Angry was unveiled

less than one considers negativity the fact that someone here has not been shocked by the awe of it and dare give the track and the video anything less than five stars

don't get angry with me

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: September 7, 2023 19:41

Gazza
peoplewitheyes
By the way, once-time Stones biographer Philip Norman was just on BBC Radio 4's PM show casting a very disparaging view of the new single and band as a whole. What's his beef?

He's an absolute dick. Updates his 'biography' every time they have a new release/tour with a brief chapter covering a decade that seems to have been put together so fast he probably wrote it while taking a dump

Enjoyed seeing your photos. Pleased for you!

Agree with your description of Norman. Have seen him being interviewed slagging them off. Probably jealous. Best ignored.

Not sure why he wants to write and comment about them. If I don't like a band, I don't listen to them or show any interest in them at all.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 7, 2023 20:38

Well, that’s not great promo.

Jimmy Fallon is accused of creating 'toxic work environment'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-07 20:39 by BowieStone.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 7, 2023 21:17

BowieStone

Another link: [www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: September 7, 2023 21:35

All in all, I thought the introduction of Angry to the public was well done. I thought Fallon did a pretty good job. He is a huge fan, and he knows his job. The interviews were a fun give and take. The video took painfully long to get started, but the video was something one would expect from those guys. The song Angry is catchy and certainly sounded like the Rolling Stones and no one else. Yes, its kind of weird that we are paying close attention to what these senior citizen musicians are up to, but hey, I've pretty much been doing it since the mid 60's without any loss in enthusiasm. Go figure? It still strikes me funny that I'm 70....Yikes! Mick, Keith and Ronnie seem enthusiastic about what they got recorded. It was certainly weird not seeing Charlie up there. I look forward to the new album release. I will buy the green vinyl they are offering up on Amazon US. Why not? Hopefully, the sound is not overly compressed. In the end, it is IMHO cool these guys are still making music.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 7, 2023 21:46

Koen
BowieStone

Another link: [www.rollingstone.com]

A man of many hats! From Phony Fallon, to Unfunny Fallon, to Fake Fallon...and now Fascist Fallon.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 7, 2023 22:03

Date: September 7, 2023 22:05

Date: September 7, 2023 22:35

Event swag

With thanks to GimmeLilDrink

Rolling Stones LIVE in conversation with Jimmy Fallon, September 6
Date: September 7, 2023 23:23

Video including post-event comments from Mick, Keith and Ronnie:

Ronnie says Paul McCartney played on "a coupla songs" and "one's gonna be for the next album as well".

Date: September 7, 2023 23:31

filstan
All in all, I thought the introduction of Angry to the public was well done. I thought Fallon did a pretty good job. He is a huge fan, and he knows his job. The interviews were a fun give and take. The video took painfully long to get started, but the video was something one would expect from those guys. The song Angry is catchy and certainly sounded like the Rolling Stones and no one else. Yes, its kind of weird that we are paying close attention to what these senior citizen musicians are up to, but hey, I've pretty much been doing it since the mid 60's without any loss in enthusiasm. Go figure? It still strikes me funny that I'm 70....Yikes! Mick, Keith and Ronnie seem enthusiastic about what they got recorded. It was certainly weird not seeing Charlie up there. I look forward to the new album release. I will buy the green vinyl they are offering up on Amazon US. Why not? Hopefully, the sound is not overly compressed. In the end, it is IMHO cool these guys are still making music.

Thank you. Well said.

- Doxa

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 7, 2023 23:34

So Paul played the bass in a couple of songs and one is for the next album. Did I get it right? Ronnie spilling the beans?

But the best is Keith quoting We love you and Dandelion to an interviewer that probably has not the slightest idea of what he is talking about

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 7, 2023 23:52

Bashlets
Was just checking Amazon USA and they have running times of songs. Sweet sounds of Heaven is over 7 minutes long and the longest track on the album. There also appears to be a Blu-ray Dolby Atmos version deluxe but I’ve only seen it on the Stones sight

Good catch will go look that up.

The BD Atmos is in Boxset sold by Bravado.de with a book and a lithograph, for a "reasonable" 70€. A Deluxe of sorts...without extra tracks (it seems).

EDIT - got a direct link for the running times ? Can't find it under these listing s [www.amazon.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-07 23:55 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Stonesfan13 ()
Date: September 8, 2023 02:17

bye bye johnny
Video including post-event comments from Mick, Keith and Ronnie:

Ronnie says Paul McCartney played on "a coupla songs" and "one's gonna be for the next album as well".
Wow thanks bbj that was the best collection of snips from the pc!! Thank you!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 19 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2439
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home