Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 18 of 21
Re: Rolling Stones LIVE in conversation with Jimmy Fallon, September 6
Posted by: Chester ()
Date: September 7, 2023 01:16

What a shame.

This could be the last time the three Stones sit together for an interview, and the person conducting it is a buffoon like Jimmy Fallon?

Too bad he couldn't take a cue from the Tonight Show master, Johnny Carson.
The Stones are the stars. Jimmy Fallon is a hack. Not one person gives a damn about what Jimmy Fallon has to say. So ask your (lame) question and get the hell out of the way like Carson used to do.

This was like the Beatles sitting together for their final interview and it was conducted by Buddy Hackett.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 7, 2023 01:24

yeah, it was very poor. And the fan questions they picked were outright silly…

Frankfurter Allgemeinen Zeitung (Germany's leading conservative paper) has a review of Jimmy Fallon, the Stones and the video => [www.faz.net] (in German, of course)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-07 01:24 by slewan.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 7, 2023 01:25

This was no "interview", this was a promo show hosted by Jimmy Fallon.
And nothing wrong about that.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 7, 2023 01:33

The boys do best with someone they like and being able to make funny quips.
Not the host's fault for the topics off limits, like a tour etc.

They were fairly relaxed and had some really good comedic jabs at each other.
Gotta give some credit to Fallon for that, and ended up a very successful event for the band imo.

Keith: "You've never been in a church in your whole life" smiling smiley

Posted by: Chester ()
Date: September 7, 2023 01:40

StonedRambler

Interview, promo, whatever you want to call it, he had one job. And that was to not make any attempt to insert himself and just get the hell out of the way.

The Stones are the stars, among the biggest in the history of music. Their cultural and musical impact on the world may be studied 100 years from now. Fallon, by contrast, has had the same impact on the world as a bag of wet hair.

Mick choose Fallon because he knew he would not go off script, just like Matt Lauer never did. He was safe.

Fallon conflated that with thinking he was part of the band.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 7, 2023 01:41

We're not really a day time band ...........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 7, 2023 01:47

bye bye johnny
Mick interview with Sky News:

Yeah, here again Mick refers to the sessions done years earlier with Charlie, and seemingly the results didn't meet his criteria being 'not just good, but great'. He seemingly has been serious about that. At least consistent.

- Doxa

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 7, 2023 01:51

Chester
StonedRambler

Interview, promo, whatever you want to call it, he had one job. And that was to not make any attempt to insert himself and just get the hell out of the way.

The Stones are the stars, among the biggest in the history of music. Their cultural and musical impact on the world may be studied 100 years from now. Fallon, by contrast, has had the same impact on the world as a bag of wet hair.

Mick choose Fallon because he knew he would not go off script, just like Matt Lauer never did. He was safe.

Fallon conflated that with thinking he was part of the band.

"bag of wet hair" is kinda harsh, Fallon is one of the most wellknown and popular television figures in the world.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 7, 2023 01:53

Topi
Familiar faces on the rail there!

A few IORR A-listers on the rail...

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 7, 2023 02:03

I thought it was excellent. The band members seems happy and acted like they like each other.

Kwityerbitchin'

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 7, 2023 02:30

Quality headgear from Ms. Beast in that photo.

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: September 7, 2023 03:23

Just got off a plane and missed it live, so I'm catching up. Just now watched the Fallon thing. How did they pick the audience? Sure didn't seem like a roomful of diehard fans. Fallon had to encourage the audience to applaud. Then the guys walk out and most of the audience just sits there and claps politely. I'd have been up on my feet when the guys walked out.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 7, 2023 05:06

vibrolux
Just got off a plane and missed it live, so I'm catching up. Just now watched the Fallon thing. How did they pick the audience? Sure didn't seem like a roomful of diehard fans. Fallon had to encourage the audience to applaud. Then the guys walk out and most of the audience just sits there and claps politely. I'd have been up on my feet when the guys walked out.

They werent. It was for press only. God knows how they found so many journalists though.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: September 7, 2023 05:18

I don’t understand the point of having this huge media blitz and then not releasing the album for 6 weeks.

I only watch a couple of seconds of the Fallon thing and that was enough. I don’t like Fallon and except for Jagger (who can be really funny at times ) I dint find the Stones funny at all. I have never heard the others say anything funny. Wood suffers from British humor. Trying to be funny makes you funny.

I think the single is the weakest first single they have ever released. Hope the rest of the album is better. The only good part of the song was the guitars solos at end. Don’t know why the entire song wasn’t built around those solos.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 7, 2023 07:01

Doxa
bye bye johnny
Mick interview with Sky News:

Yeah, here again Mick refers to the sessions done years earlier with Charlie, and seemingly the results didn't meet his criteria being 'not just good, but great'. He seemingly has been serious about that. At least consistent.

- Doxa

I found it to be a bit odd that Mick basically skirted the issue of them taking to so long to record the album and that they basically started over in December and recorded 23 tracks and finished it in February.

"We did it pretty quick..." Ronnie said.

Mick: ..."and then we went to Los Angeles and cut the tracks, like I told you."

They talk over each other... or at the same time, quite difficult to understand but the audience seems to be able to get it.

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 07:13

Gram
‘Catch you up at the lights… shut them both up’ spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[www.instagram.com]

smileys with beer15 seconds of Keith being Keith, nothing rehearsed, staged or forced...best part of the whole damn day!

Date: September 7, 2023 07:47

More pics cool smileysmileys with beer

Stuart C. Wilson [amp.nine.com.au]

Dave Hogan [www.instagram.com]

Ian West [muzyka.interia.pl]

Dave Hogan [www.24heures.ch]

Dave Hogan [www.hotpress.com]

Dave Hogan [www.testspiel.de]

James Shaw [www.instagram.com]

Date: September 7, 2023 08:34

stanlove
I don’t understand the point of having this huge media blitz and then not releasing the album for 6 weeks.

I only watch a couple of seconds of the Fallon thing and that was enough. I don’t like Fallon and except for Jagger (who can be really funny at times ) I dint find the Stones funny at all. I have never heard the others say anything funny. Wood suffers from British humor. Trying to be funny makes you funny.

I think the single is the weakest first single they have ever released. Hope the rest of the album is better. The only good part of the song was the guitars solos at end. Don’t know why the entire song wasn’t built around those solos.

How do you know they weren't funny if you only watched a couple of seconds?

They were funny smiling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 7, 2023 08:41

Rockman

That whole bit was hilarious.

I'm no Fallon fanboy but he did a credible job and it was entertaining.

Some people posting here seem to have things that have crawled into their orifices that are making them uncomfortable enough to bitch on the day a new stones album and single are announced to great fanfare with a fabulous video.

Angry indeed.

Date: September 7, 2023 08:51

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: September 7, 2023 08:54

treaclefingers
Rockman

That whole bit was hilarious.

I'm no Fallon fanboy but he did a credible job and it was entertaining.

Some people posting here seem to have things that have crawled into their orifices that are making them uncomfortable enough to bitch on the day a new stones album and single are announced to great fanfare with a fabulous video.

Angry indeed.

Totally agree. Lots of moaners on this board, as usual.

Great promo and a great 1st singel.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 7, 2023 09:34

Thanks Child-of-the-Moon! Amazing the Stones can still make so many front pages!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-07 09:40 by peoplewitheyes.

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: September 7, 2023 11:27

Chester
What a shame.

This could be the last time the three Stones sit together for an interview, and the person conducting it is a buffoon like Jimmy Fallon?

Too bad he couldn't take a cue from the Tonight Show master, Johnny Carson.
The Stones are the stars. Jimmy Fallon is a hack. Not one person gives a damn about what Jimmy Fallon has to say. So ask your (lame) question and get the hell out of the way like Carson used to do.

This was like the Beatles sitting together for their final interview and it was conducted by Buddy Hackett.

Totally agree with you!!!
They should have do decent press conference, not hire such a hack...Sad.

Date: September 7, 2023 11:35

The press conference was brilliant. All were brilliant. What's not to like?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 7, 2023 12:17

Was just checking Amazon USA and they have running times of songs. Sweet sounds of Heaven is over 7 minutes long and the longest track on the album. There also appears to be a Blu-ray Dolby Atmos version deluxe but I’ve only seen it on the Stones sight

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: September 7, 2023 12:20

I thought Jimmy did a very good job with the only awkward moment being the unnecessary chat with Sydney and her mother.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: September 7, 2023 12:28

It seemed to me it was planned to have 30 minutes of them on stage, but somehow there
was not enough chemistry between the band and mr. Fallon to keep it interesting enough.
The "Off the hook" singing and the poor impression of Mick showed mr. Fallon was somehow
thinking this was HIS moment of glory. It is odd what the presence of The Greatest
Rock 'n Roll Band In The World does with people.

O, and BTW, how could they choose these utterly silly questions from all possible
good questions we IORRians have?

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-07 12:30 by marcovandereijk.

Date: September 7, 2023 12:52

Keith's round sunglasses and hat along with Jimmy Fallon referencing 'Off The Hook' made me think of this photo from 1965 here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-07 13:00 by MrForeverMusicFan.

Date: September 7, 2023 13:10

It was great fun, I was in the front row, and the energy between them was great. An ease, a humour, and a cool that has to be lived with long, and can't be faked. Off the Hook was a great moment and Fallon was a good compere. It was an audience of international press, friends and family, I understand. I dunno about anyone behind me, but I stood up when they came on, it was a magic moment to be up close and in the room.
The single is fantastic, it really hits it out the park, and gone global, and while there are always moaners and negativity, it's hard to understand among fans on a fan board. They all sound like Jan Moir, a hideous old hack on the Daily Mail who attempts a scattershot, sour-toned hit job on the band. It's quite funny to read. They can still outrage the right people....

Date: September 7, 2023 13:29

Classic SUN headline posted above by child-of-the-moon - don't mention the music, let's concentrate on 'Sydney's steamy Stones video'!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 18 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2410
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home