Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Tennis - Iga Swiatek
Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: September 1, 2023 21:33

Iga Swiatek, world's # 1 female tennis player for the past 74 weeks and currently competing at the U.S. open in New York City, when asked what music she likes to listen to prior to her matches responded, #1 = Rolling Stones and #2 = Janis Joplin...pretty good taste for a 22 year old.

Re: OT Tennis - Iga Swiatek
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 1, 2023 22:34

Wow, that's pretty cool! Hey north, I'm guessing you're in Canada?

Posted by: amg077 ()
Date: September 1, 2023 22:53

She is such a great player

Date: September 2, 2023 02:20

DGA35
Wow, that's pretty cool! Hey north, I'm guessing you're in Canada?

That's correct, Calgary, and you're in Hope as i recall. Smoke still getting in your eyes out that way?. We've had a bit of it here for the past few days but not too bad. Air quality index = 4/10 at the moment.

Date: September 2, 2023 02:31

Yes I am! Town is pretty good now compared to a week ago, had rain a couple days ago.
When it comes to tennis, I'm a big Leylah Fernandez fan since she's Canadian. So frustrating to watch, she's talented but screws up, she definitely needs a different coach just to help her with her serves!

Date: September 2, 2023 04:52

Not so sure that the problem isn't management rather than coaching. It would seem that no sooner does a Canadian female tennis player attain any real success on the court, I'm talking Genie Bouchard, Bianca Andreescu and now Laylah Fernandez, then they're immediately splatterd all over the t.v. screen doing multiple ads for multiple products (Especially Laylah -got to a point where I couldn't watch any more) then shortly after their on court performance goes into an immediate decline. Perhaps if they spent a little more time practiscing on court and staying in shape in the gym, then perhaps they'd win a little more often. Eugenie couldn't even make it through qualifying at this years' US open. Just a theory of mine which could be totally off base. Sorry for the rantangry smiley

Date: September 3, 2023 06:07

northof49
Not so sure that the problem isn't management rather than coaching. It would seem that no sooner does a Canadian female tennis player attain any real success on the court, I'm talking Genie Bouchard, Bianca Andreescu and now Laylah Fernandez, then they're immediately splatterd all over the t.v. screen doing multiple ads for multiple products (Especially Laylah -got to a point where I couldn't watch any more) then shortly after their on court performance goes into an immediate decline. Perhaps if they spent a little more time practiscing on court and staying in shape in the gym, then perhaps they'd win a little more often. Eugenie couldn't even make it through qualifying at this years' US open. Just a theory of mine which could be totally off base. Sorry for the rantangry smiley

With Leylah it's definitely coaching! She was doing ok last year but then fractured her foot at the French Open. She just needs to be coached on her serves. Before she wouldn't do many tosses in error but now it seems every game she's mis-tossing the serve numerous times. Needs to get more first serves in play, otherwise the slower second serve gets returned easily. Genie and Bianca have had injury problems in their careers, too.
Glad to see she's getting sponsors like Morgan Stanley and Vancouver's Lulu Lemon. She'll probably make more off the sponsors than she will actual tennis prize money.

Back to the original topic, I'm sure it'll be Iga in the finals against Sabalenka.

Date: September 3, 2023 08:44

Quote :Back to the original topic, I'm sure it'll be Iga in the finals against Sabalenka.

Certainly hope Iga makes it into the final and looking forward to Wozniacki/Gauff tomorrow and i see that Leylah's still competing in the women's doubles event - has made it into the 3rd round.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-03 09:04 by northof49.

Date: September 3, 2023 11:51

northof49
I'm sure it'll be Iga in the finals against Sabalenka.

And Djoker against Alcarazzz!!

Date: September 3, 2023 20:05

^^

and it's the "kid's" turn to win. smiling bouncing smiley

Date: September 3, 2023 22:33

Iga plays later on this afternoon. I hope Alcaraz wins the mens, not a huge fan of Novak. Caroline Wozniecki has been a great story, taking time off to have a baby and now returning and doing well.
Leylah won her doubles game this morning with Taylor Townsend so they're into the quarter finals! Go Taylah!

Date: September 4, 2023 09:12

Well, Iga lost, didn't look good out there. Now Sabalenka will become number 1.

Re: OT Tennis - Carlos Alcaraz
Date: September 4, 2023 11:45

Alcaraz drove Evans mad on this point. Goooo Alcarazz!!!!!! smiling bouncing smiley

[www.eurosport.nl]

Date: September 4, 2023 20:00

DGA35
Well, Iga lost, didn't look good out there. Now Sabalenka will become number 1.

Oh well, 74 weeks at # 1 was a pretty good run and hopefully she is able to regain that spot in the future - She's a classy young lady.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: September 5, 2023 19:21

[thesportsrush.com]

don't see the Stones at all in that article. Are we sure she said that?!

Date: September 5, 2023 20:42

HalfNanker
[thesportsrush.com]

don't see the Stones at all in that article. Are we sure she said that?!

The article you posted was from BEFORE the tournament even started. She stated her Stones preference in a post match LIVE interview after winning a game during the U.S. Open tournament. I was watching the interview when she said it, so yes i'm sure.

Date: September 5, 2023 20:56

odd that her #1 preference "changed" in the course of a few days, But still cool that she mentioned the Stones.

Date: September 5, 2023 21:03

Here you go. Maybe not so odd. See around 2:20

Date: September 5, 2023 21:06

northof49
Here you go. Maybe not so odd. See around 2:20

i wasnt doubting you...just thought it was odd there was an entire article about her pre match music choices and she didn't mention the Stones, then a few days later says they are her #1 go to band.

Thanks for posting.

Date: September 5, 2023 21:27

Whatever her choice of music, unfortunately it didnt work! eye rolling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1823
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home