Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What are Mick's most personal lyrics?
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 31, 2023 06:04

Some Girls

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 31, 2023 11:27

Koen
Some Girls

Thanks Koen...that made me chuckle.grinning smiley

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: August 31, 2023 11:44

I always thought that "Worried about you" was very personal. Mick Jagger surely has a "stage persona" when he performs, but when I saw the band play "Worried about you" live in Düsseldorf in 2014, I felt that the words and his singing came from deep in the heart.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: August 31, 2023 12:02

Koen
Some Girls

If it was Specific Girls it would surely be personal. grinning smiley

Date: August 31, 2023 14:27

franzk
Koen
Some Girls

If it was Specific Girls it would surely be personal. grinning smiley

Weren't they too specifically presented? They had to change the album cover winking smiley

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: August 31, 2023 22:09

I was at the first concert after the death of L’Wren Scott in Oslo. Mick sung Worried About You. To me that was one of the most personal Mick had done. I know this song was not about her. But at this night Mick sung it absolutely for her. I made a YouTube of it. Not great, but anyway. I had tickets in the back of the stadium It were Lucky Dips. So what could I say smiling smiley

[youtu.be]

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: September 2, 2023 21:29

As mentioned, he often sings from a character's perspective, but New Faces always struck me as a very vulnerable song. It's about losing someone to another guy, but I think it's the only song where ageing is referenced - the guys is "the figure of youth". Very different song for the Stones from any perspective.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 2, 2023 21:57

Don't get angry with me ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 2, 2023 22:11

Didn’t he sayin an interview in Rolling Stone that Star Star was about a girl from NYC he was acquainted with.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: September 2, 2023 22:15

From "Can You Hear The Music":

Love is a mystery I can't demystify, oh, no
Sometimes I'm dancin' on air
But I get scared, I get scared.

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: September 2, 2023 22:34

TomGreen
As mentioned, he often sings from a character's perspective, but New Faces always struck me as a very vulnerable song. It's about losing someone to another guy, but I think it's the only song where ageing is referenced - the guys is "the figure of youth". Very different song for the Stones from any perspective.

I've always wondered who is it about. Is it about someone specific or is it just fiction? I even heard a theory that it's about Kurt Cobain and how Jagger was afraid that Nirvana was blowing all dinosaurs out from the stage but it seemed waaaay too far-fetched for me.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: September 2, 2023 23:21

franzk
TomGreen

The thread going about the way I thought it would. People mentioning songs with no evidence at all that the lyrics were personal. Jagger had said he usual writes in third person. One song where he said the lyrics were personal was Moonlight Mile. The best answer so far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-02 23:33 by stanlove.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: September 3, 2023 00:06

I agree with exhpart about 'Brand New Set of Rules'. It sounded to me at the time like Mick addressing the end of married life with Jerry Hall and how their relationship would change in the future. I might be wrong...

I would have enjoyed a super-bitchy song about Rupert Murdoch but I don't suppose he'll write that one.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: September 3, 2023 02:55

bakersfield
I agree with exhpart about 'Brand New Set of Rules'. It sounded to me at the time like Mick addressing the end of married life with Jerry Hall and how their relationship would change in the future. I might be wrong...

I would have enjoyed a super-bitchy song about Rupert Murdoch but I don't suppose he'll write that one.

Mick Jagger doesn’t talk about his private life in interviews, why do you think he would write a song about it.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: September 3, 2023 02:57

Not personally knowing Mick Jagger I really have no idea.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2685
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home