Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie with Van Morrison - August 26
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 27, 2023 19:40

Ronnie Wood joins Van Morrison on stage at Páirc Festival in Kings Heath, Birmingham

Rolling Stones Ronnie Wood joins Van Morrison as surprise guest at Birmingham Irish music and culture event Páirc Festival at the Irish Centre in Kings Heath, Birmingham

By Fionnuala Bourke
Published 27th Aug 2023

Thousands turned out to enjoy the second Páirc Festival at the Irish Centre in Kings Heath, Birmingham.

Van Morrison was the headliner for day one, yesterday (Saturday, August 26), and Ronnie Wood from the Rolling Stones made a surprise appearance alongside the Irish singer renowned for his hits Brown Eyed Girl, Moondance and Gloria.

Ronnie’s wife Sally is from Moseley and he previously played with Van at the Sandringham Estates concerts the night before on Friday (August 25). Blues and soul singer Chris Farlowe also joined the stars, he is best known for his hit single Out of Time written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards which made it to number one in 1966.

Fans were delighted with the surprise double bill after enjoying a day of Irish music and culture from Mary Black, Mary Coughlan and Derek Ryan alongside local heroes The Father Teds and Bang On the Ear. There were also cheers for a welcome announcement that a full St Patrick’s Day Parade is returning to Birmingham next year. Irish Ambassador Martin Fraser was among the guests, with Conor McGregor Forged Irish Stout exclusively available for the first time outside his bar in Dublin in the VIP area.

The craic continues today, Sunday (August 27), with The Waterboys headlining alongside Nathan Carter, The Fureys, The High Kings and more. You can see the full line up in our story here: Pairc Festival Line Up - with tickets still available here: Pairc Festival tickets

[www.birminghamworld.uk]

--

Christina Wall

[www.facebook.com]

With Chris Farlowe

[www.facebook.com]

Audio of "This Loving Light Of Mine", August 26 - [www.instagram.com]

Video (thanks to Monica Morrin) - [www.facebook.com]

--

Although the Birmingham World article says Ronnie also guested at Sandringham on August 25, there's no mention of him in this review - [stairwayto11.com]

Re: Ronnie with Van Morrison - August 26
Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: August 27, 2023 21:26

Bloody hell I was going to go to this, just 2 miles from me.

Said to my wife I wouldn’t mind seeing van again.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 27, 2023 22:00

Van is one of the all time greats

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 28, 2023 15:43

Not a young audiencegrinning smiley!

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 28, 2023 17:01

Gotta love Ronnie.

Ronnie with Van Morrison - August 26
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 28, 2023 19:22

Thank you @vanmorrisonofficial for a great night at Birmingham’s @paircfestival! It was fantastic to play with you and our friend @chrisfarlowethefilm

[www.instagram.com]

What a great night with @vanmorrisonofficial! Also lovely to be on stage with our friend @chrisfarlowethefilm Loved it!

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: August 28, 2023 23:32

Of course I don't know either man personally but it's hard to imagine two more different personalities than Ronnie and Van.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: August 29, 2023 09:55

HonkyTonkJan
Of course I don't know either man personally but it's hard to imagine two more different personalities than Ronnie and Van.

Right?(!) grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

I was thinking the same--Van hardly likes anyone, and doesn't like to be touched - he must really think Ronnie is ok. Maybe because they are so different.

-swiss

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 29, 2023 19:34

swiss
HonkyTonkJan

I was thinking the same--Van hardly likes anyone, and doesn't like to be touched - he must really think Ronnie is ok. Maybe because they are so different.

-swiss

I think both being sober, in the same Anonymous recovery program(s) is a big factor for their friendship. Could be wrong, but that's my bet.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 29, 2023 19:53

They were both participants in The Band’s Last Waltz, so their paths have crossed at least since Thanksgiving Day, 1976. That they are still here sharing a stage, nearly 47 years later, is a wonder. The caravan keeps rolling!

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: August 29, 2023 22:49

Possibly Van's greatest ever live performance! At least that's recorded. Nearly spat my beer out when he started doing those high kicks at the front of the stage.eye popping smiley
Have seen him live several times and it's been a mixed bag. He is consistently grumpy though....

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: August 30, 2023 07:40

MisterDDDD
swiss
HonkyTonkJan

-swiss

I think both being sober, in the same Anonymous recovery program(s) is a big factor for their friendship. Could be wrong, but that's my bet.

MisterDDDD,
Could be - good guess!
(I didn't realize Van was a FOB.)
-swiss

Date: August 30, 2023 15:32

Van's catalog is a powerhouse. He is one of the world's greatest singers, and performers. There is a 30 year period or roughly 35 albums; new material every time. Stellar.
Wtf is going on with Ronnie's hair-do? Lately, when I see him in pics, I say "Ok this is a weird shot". But now I realize, they're all weird.

Date: August 30, 2023 16:20

Palace Revolution 2000
Van's catalog is a powerhouse. He is one of the world's greatest singers, and performers. There is a 30 year period or roughly 35 albums; new material every time. Stellar.
Wtf is going on with Ronnie's hair-do? Lately, when I see him in pics, I say "Ok this is a weird shot". But now I realize, they're all weird.

After chemo his bangs turned upwards it seems smiling smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 30, 2023 18:34

swiss
MisterDDDD
swiss
HonkyTonkJan

-swiss

MisterDDDD,
Could be - good guess!
(I didn't realize Van was a FOB.)
-swiss

Long time FOB I believe swiss..since mid eighties.
Be a hell of a meeting to stumble into..drinking smiley Ronnie, Van, Clapton, Ringo, Elton.. I think Clapton is Ronnie's sponsor, wouldn't surprise me if Van is Clapton's.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1584
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home