Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102...LastNext
Current Page: 97 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out soon!
Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: September 17, 2023 01:18

The RS No.9 Carnaby Red Exclusive vinyl link did not work as early as 6th September in the evening and went to a dead page on the RS No.9 Carnaby online storefront.

Does this mean;

(a) it sold out in a few hours (as was previously typical).
(b) the store has temporarily closed the page, and the record will be available again closer to the release date.

Did anyone manage to order it and received an order confirmation email?

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 17, 2023 03:17

SonicDreamer
The RS No.9 Carnaby Red Exclusive vinyl link did not work as early as 6th September in the evening and went to a dead page on the RS No.9 Carnaby online storefront.

Does this mean;

(b) the store has temporarily closed the page, and the record will be available again closer to the release date.

Cheers,
SonicD

I did.. thanks to a heads up here, I was able to order one on the 8th,
Received an order conformation.. we'll see about the album.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 17, 2023 03:29

MisterDDDD
SonicDreamer

Does this mean;

Cheers,
SonicD

One can't be on IORR 24/7, but that said I'm p*ssed at myself for not even thinking about it. That was a no-brainer to check!

I think I just became enamoured with all the pretty colours of the other vinyl!

But I won't stay angry with me.

Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out Oct 20
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 17, 2023 03:34

mailexile67
In your opinion HD, can Top number one in UK and Top 3 in US?!
Could it sell over 2.5K worldwide as "Blue & lonesone"?!I think that it could happens...And you?!

I definitely think Hackney Diamonds will sell over 2500 copies. FOR SURE!

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: September 17, 2023 04:13

smoking smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 17, 2023 04:39

MisterDDDD
SonicDreamer

Does this mean;

Cheers,
SonicD

Me too. I have a confirmation

Rod

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: September 17, 2023 06:42

“Angry” didn’t grab me so much on the little official teaser link that they released, but I put it on repeat on Spotify driving home from work the day it was released, and it blew my mind after about four times through! You can never please everybody, but this a great track! The beat is tight. The riff is catchy! Keith’s solo sounds just like what he’s playing live these days. Mick’s vocals are phenomenal! The last half of it is what really gets me. It’s like when they play the warhorses at a show and totally fall into that HUGE Stones sound that makes them the most powerful sound in the world!

I haven’t listened to or sought out the leaked tracks, out of respect for BV, and also cause I did when ABB came out, and hearing those tracks in such poor quality lessened my experience when I finally got the official album.

I have a feeling this album is gonna be right up there with the greats! The NYT and Rolling Stone articles have shown a confidence Mick has in this record, and he’s also praising Keith’s work on it, so I truly feel it’s gonna be something special!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 17, 2023 07:21

Irix
Would be interesting to know what's exclusive on the 'Barnes & Noble Exclusive Digipack CD' :

[www.BarnesAndNoble.com]

The only thing that I see as different is that the Diamond is purple instead of white.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 17, 2023 10:10

VoodooLounge13

The only thing that I see as different is that the Diamond is purple instead of white.

On the other standard covers (CD/LP/BR), the diamond heart & glass splinters are basically purple too, but less intense. Maybe the exclusive thing is that the cover has an 'exclusive' sticker on it. smiling smiley

Looks like that Barnes & Noble is the only retailer who sells the Digipack CD in the United States:

Large picture , [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-18 13:25 by Irix.

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: September 17, 2023 10:57

Rocky Dijon
LorenzAgain
Did bv ban everyone or what happened winking smiley

I get the fact that we're all interested in hearing the album as soon as possible, but just like Polydor and Geffen attorneys removing the leaked video from WeTransfer and YouTube, they also would come down on this site. No one needs that kind of grief, especially when the website is just a passion project and not monetized. It's no different than the rule about uploading bootlegs with material under copyright. You can't share what you don't own the rights to share. It's simply the law.

I agree, although it depends on the jurisdiction how exactly it is prosecuted and dealt with. Just sharing a link to what someone else uploaded is a grey area and it’s not hosted on iorr. But I get the pressure, fully do. Also I’m sure anyone who listened will anyway buy multiple releases. Hope bv can unblock people again because a lot of active contributors got banned now.

For sake of clarity before I get banned. I don’t have the songs, don’t want them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-17 10:59 by LorenzAgain.

Date: September 17, 2023 12:47

'Angry' had simmer for a while. At first I was underwhelmed. But now I think it's great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-17 12:49 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: September 17, 2023 13:31

Palace Revolution 2000
'Angry' had simmer for a while. At first I was underwhelmed. But now I think it's great.

For me it was the same. As well for a good Friend, who is now celebratung "Angry" as his summer hit.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 17, 2023 13:42

Same here, at first I was like "this is great" ?! And after a while I could feel the joy and energy, the fact that it picks things up were they left them with "Start Me Up" 40+ years ago. The Stones of "Salt of the Earth" or "Gimme Shelter" were already long gone by then after all. The Stones have had multiple lives and this new one looks promising !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 17, 2023 14:56

Palace Revolution 2000

Me too. Really weird.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: September 17, 2023 17:30

Someone just post it on a Facebook Group
Depending On You is this really the second song coming out of Hackney Diamonds album??

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-17 18:05 by dimrstone.

Date: September 17, 2023 17:35

dimrstone

Is this really the second song coming out of Hackney Diamonds album??

No, the second song will be 'Sweet Sounds of Heaven' - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Date: September 17, 2023 17:38

Irix
dimrstone

Is this really the second song coming out of Hackney Diamonds album??

No, the second song will be 'Sweet Sounds of Heaven' - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

OK, Then what is it? An old bootleg maybe?

Date: September 17, 2023 17:40

dimrstone

It was the second leaked song.

Have a look at the tracklist on [TheRollingStonesShop.com] , then you know what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-17 17:50 by Irix.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 17, 2023 17:43

Dimrstone, my friend, remove the link quickly - it is illegal and against the rules here, and BV will get very Angry..

- Doxa

Date: September 17, 2023 17:44

Irix
dimrstone

It was the second leaked song.
thumbs up

Date: September 17, 2023 17:45

Doxa
Dimrstone, my friend, remove the link quickly - it is illegal and against the rules here, and BV will get very Angry..

- Doxa

I removed it,sorry about that, thank you Doxa!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-17 17:46 by dimrstone.

Date: September 17, 2023 20:40

Large pictures of The New York Times article

[iorr.org] [www.nytimes.com]

More great pics on Instagram @theatraff:

[www.instagram.com]

Date: September 17, 2023 21:05

DiegoGlimmerStones

Large pictures of The New York Times article

They were also posted on RS' social media - [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Date: September 17, 2023 21:10

Can't decide if Keith looks more like Sneezy from the 7 dwarves, or Bert.

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: September 17, 2023 23:09

They looks healthy.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 17, 2023 23:33

From the RS article

Watt remembers Richards putting in hours of overdub sessions and instances where, after a night out, he’d tell Jagger that he was going back to the studio. Jagger would insist on coming with him. “Keith worked very hard,” Jagger says. “He worked a lot of days consecutively. And then I came in and did some vocals, and Ronnie did the same. And then I went to Nassau, or Bahamas, and did my vocals in January.”

A few amazing comments here :
- that Keith put in so many hours, somehow it seems he was sort of "checked out"
- that Mick would insist on going back to the studio with him...in 1982 they couldn't stand being in the studio together and wiped each others work when they took turns in the studio, driving Kimsey crazy !
- that timeline is getting murkier with each interview...didn't they "reset" in Jamaica in December and get together with Watt in January in L.A. and knock out 23 tunes ? ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: plusplusjames ()
Date: September 18, 2023 01:06

LorenzAgain
Rocky Dijon
LorenzAgain
Did bv ban everyone or what happened winking smiley

I get the fact that we're all interested in hearing the album as soon as possible, but just like Polydor and Geffen attorneys removing the leaked video from WeTransfer and YouTube, they also would come down on this site. No one needs that kind of grief, especially when the website is just a passion project and not monetized. It's no different than the rule about uploading bootlegs with material under copyright. You can't share what you don't own the rights to share. It's simply the law.

I agree, although it depends on the jurisdiction how exactly it is prosecuted and dealt with. Just sharing a link to what someone else uploaded is a grey area and it’s not hosted on iorr. But I get the pressure, fully do. Also I’m sure anyone who listened will anyway buy multiple releases. Hope bv can unblock people again because a lot of active contributors got banned now.

For sake of clarity before I get banned. I don’t have the songs, don’t want them.

Frankly speaking, I am simply unable to resist listening to the new songs wherever they pop up, no matter the quality. I'm a junkie for this stuff. I gots to have it... smoking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 18, 2023 01:27

DiegoGlimmerStones

More great pics on Instagram @theatraff:

[www.instagram.com]

Thank you!

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: September 18, 2023 03:17

gotdablouse
From the RS article

Watt remembers Richards putting in hours of overdub sessions and instances where, after a night out, he’d tell Jagger that he was going back to the studio. Jagger would insist on coming with him. “Keith worked very hard,” Jagger says. “He worked a lot of days consecutively. And then I came in and did some vocals, and Ronnie did the same. And then I went to Nassau, or Bahamas, and did my vocals in January.”

A few amazing comments here :
- that Keith put in so many hours, somehow it seems he was sort of "checked out"
- that Mick would insist on going back to the studio with him...in 1982 they couldn't stand being in the studio together and wiped each others work when they took turns in the studio, driving Kimsey crazy !
- that timeline is getting murkier with each interview...didn't they "reset" in Jamaica in December and get together with Watt in January in L.A. and knock out 23 tunes ? ;-)

Also it sort of blows the whole Mick has the songs ready to go in the demos and the band just fills in the blanks so to speak.

Never heard that about the 1982 sessions. I guesa things went south faat that fall in the south of France.

Did Kimsey talk about this in an interview?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-18 03:19 by big4.

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: September 18, 2023 03:48

gotdablouse

wiped each others work when they took turns in the studio, driving Kimsey crazy !
No. Mick misspoke when he said December. He probably meant (but forgets, old age winking smiley ) it started in November - actually Keith was in there in October. The "reset" started with the Jamaica sessions in February 2022. Just demo-ing new songs: Mick, Keith, Steve, Matt.

Over the summer they figured they needed to actually "reset" with a new producer, got Andrew. After the tour in late September they went in Electric Lady - that's when Andy Watt arrived and when the sessions started. October saw them transitioning from NYC to L.A. after a short break, but Mick didn't arrive until early November. December 9 is the approximate date the sessions ended in L.A. (This was fairly well documented over the pages on IORR.)

The overdub sessions were held in Nassau in January. But NO, the sessions did not "start" in December. That is becoming, unfortunately, an urban myth that because of one Mick misspoken or badly articulated bit is becoming internet fact (see the unfortunate Wiki article).

To summarize: the 23 tunes were done from between late September/early October to January, at the latest early November to January. Minus the final mixing in February.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-18 03:53 by TimeIs.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102...LastNext
Current Page: 97 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2314
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home