Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: David Bowie?
Posted by: gia43 ()
Date: December 3, 2005 03:04

Erik_Snow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Aladdin Sane is truely great, I agree. But, to me,
> its not near Station To Station.

Maybe i m so hooked on ziggy cos it was my first david record... my favorites are low and diamond dogs..and yeah heathen is real good!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 3, 2005 03:13

gia 43, Low and Diamond Dogs are great for sure!
(Im not saying that I am right, and others are wrong, its good that we have different opinions.)

Posted by: gia43 ()
Date: December 3, 2005 03:15

Erik_Snow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> gia 43, Low and Diamond Dogs are great for sure!
> (Im not saying that I am right, and others are
> wrong, its good that we have different opinions.)

i know that! and i agree, especialy when it comes to david... each and every one can have a different opinion about his work...he s so versatile-is that the right word?? i m not sure..!-

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: December 3, 2005 03:21

Elton John returned in 2001 with Songs from the West Coast. His recent album Peachtree road is also amazing. Both albums were recorded in analog so it sounds like it's as old as his "classics". I love all the songs of these cds and I definitely recommend them to anyone who says Elton has lost his course.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 3, 2005 03:24

His live albums 'Stage' and 'David Live' are among the best live albums released.

Date: December 3, 2005 03:50

Elton John? Which course?

Date: December 3, 2005 03:56

Oh, you mean curse.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 3, 2005 06:06

I'm a BIG Bowie fan, but pretty much only when Mick Ronson was there with his rocking guitars. I did like a very few of the later songs (China Girl, Putting out Fire w/Gasoline, Under Pressure is awesome loud, Blue Jean, Time Will Crawl) but it hasn't sucked me in yet. I always felt that someday I'd grow into it, but it hasn't happened yet.

Diamond Dogs is probably my favorite album to listen to straight through. Love the Orwell stuff, 1984 and Big Brother, Sweet Thing (reprise) is very funky. I like the version of 1984 better on Sound and Vision that has DoDo in the middle of it.

Hunky Dory is fantastic - Queen Bitch kicks major ass, I listen to that one over and over while I'm driving.

But my all time favorite is Panic in Detroit. The female singers on that song are really powerful, they seem so lost in the song, it's the same feeling I get when I listen to Merry C. on Gimme Shelter which is also my favorite Stones song (actuallly Gimme Shelter & Jigsaw Puzzle tie for my #1 spot, I don't have a #2, I go right to #3).

Oh yeah, I'm American, thought I should add that. Only saw Bowie once though sadly, Glass Spider tour. I did get to see Mick Ronson play with Ian Hunter once a couple of years before he died (LA 89ish), so that was a big thrill.

Update: Almost forgot how great Bowie at the Beeb is. That has my favorite version of Starman, plus Let Me Sleep Beside You is nice too.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-03 06:17 by CindyC.

Posted by: KYRIAKOS ()
Date: December 3, 2005 11:35

I like Bowie. (I'm from Greece too gia43). He's a great showman in my opinion, has done lots of great albums and concerts. My favourite albums: Ziggy Stardust and Low. I would like to see a Stones/Bowie duet on stage. "Time waits for noone" would be a nice "vehicle" for both Mick and David.

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: December 3, 2005 12:00

hey bowie is one of my heroes close second to keith! i love him! my favourites bowie albums are ziggy stardust, diamond dogs, station to station. When i first knew him i fell in love with his 72-73 glam era, i mean he was crazy with all his fantastic clothes and make-up! Diamond Dogs era was a transition period from glam to rock-funky-soul, a great album anyway. But first time i heard Station to Station i almost died! His voice was to the top, lower-pitched than the ziggy period, but expressive and theatrical more that ever.

Posted by: barcelona ()
Date: December 3, 2005 12:16

Bowie 71-83 is my second favourite artist.

Love Thin white duke tour

Posted by: barcelona ()
Date: December 3, 2005 12:20

Mick And Dave. The two greatest ones made the worst video and collaboration ever made: "Dancin' in the streets" although is very hillarious

Five years version from Tour 76 is one of the best things I ever heard

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: December 3, 2005 19:01

I'm also a big fan, the Reality tour was great entertainment, its unbelievable that his voice is if anything even better than in his great days.

I would recommend any of you who grew up with the vinyl of the live Ziggy album, to invest in the CD , the remaster is almost beyond beleif, Mick Ronson really was the greatest.
I personally think every record between Space Oddity and Scary Monsters is a must have but since then just the odd song per record. I think i've got a right to say that as well, as I bought them all the week they came out since Low!

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: December 5, 2005 03:26

David Bowie rocks! I've loved his music since I was 13 (I'm 35 now). Sadly, I've only been to one of his shows - August 24, 1987 Glass Spider Tour which ironically was my first concert ever! But man, can he put on a show! He truly is the chameleon of rock! I'd have to say that my favourite Bowie period is from '71 to '74 with some pretty decent releases here and there. Albums to check out - Space Oddity, Hunky Dory, Ziggy Stardust, Pin-Ups, Aladdin Sane, Diamond Dogs, Let's Dance and Never Let Me Down not to mention David Live and Ziggy Stardust - The Motion Picture. Those are my personal faves. smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1819
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home