Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: The Eagles - "The Long Goodbye" Farewell Tour
Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: July 8, 2023 00:26

That's too bad. I agree with earlier poster that it would be nice if they could involve Felder. His feud was with Frey over money. And they had that blowup at the end of their 1st go around. The Eagles basically had 2 separate eras during their run in the 70s. I liked both. Although I have never seen them live I have watched all the official releases. That desire to sound exactly like the studio recordings can be a detriment. They sound too perfect. I prefer that live sound of a band like the Stones.
I have no problem with them touring though, they have always been a band with an evolving cast of members, like tha Allman brothers or Skynyrd.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 8, 2023 00:35

More Hot Rocks
masseywinos
Oh my guess would be playing guitar? I love Joe Walsh, the Eagles reunion in 94 saved his life and he has taken full advantage. I do have a question about the upcoming 4 year farewell tour. Is Deacon Frey a part of it?

From what I understand. He won’t be there

An article in People magazine said Deacon was rejoining for this tour.

Speaking of the Eagles/Steely Dan connection...Deacon's Blues?? Who knows.

I told a friend of mine they should call this the Eagle & Dan tour since as someone already pointed out there's only 1 original member in each band.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 8, 2023 00:48

RollingFreak
treaclefingers
I'm impressed an Eagles thread gets this much action.

Lotta people hate them

Misery loves company!

OT: The Eagles - "The Long Goodbye" Farewell Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 8, 2023 01:49

masseywinos
Is Deacon Frey a part of it?

News reports say yes.

[www.nytimes.com]

[variety.com]

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: July 8, 2023 02:35

I believe the crux of the Felder beef was that when he initially joined in 1974, they (suprisingly) made him a full partner. When they put the band back together for The Hell Freezes Over Tour in 1994, Henley and Frey (and probably Irving Azoff) forced him into a salaried arrangement. Walsh and Schmit have always been salaried employees. Felder said no way, I'm a full partner just like way back when. I'll see you (Henley and Frey) in court, . The case settled for an undisclosed sum and he got the axe. Nice guys!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 8, 2023 03:06

roryfaninva
I believe the crux of the Felder beef was that when he initially joined in 1974, they (suprisingly) made him a full partner. When they put the band back together for The Hell Freezes Over Tour in 1994, Henley and Frey (and probably Irving Azoff) forced him into a salaried arrangement. Walsh and Schmit have always been salaried employees. Felder said no way, I'm a full partner just like way back when. I'll see you (Henley and Frey) in court, . The case settled for an undisclosed sum and he got the axe. Nice guys!
Thats correct, and he's not necessarily wrong. Listen, there are no songs without Don and Glenn but THEY chose to make him a partner when they started Eagles Limited. Ordinarily I'd side with them as he's not an original member of the band, so he should only ask for so much. But he was legit there and that was the deal. Tim is just happy to get the call and Walsh idolizes them. Perfect situation for Frey and Henley: they get an absolute monster on guitar but he knows his place. He's never making waves, even though he could cause he was always a legit more draw than Felder. I think in the end that hurt Felder cause Walsh is 10x the name but also way less hostile.

Felder maybe pushed too far but hey, at least he fought for something. Seems like he's plenty happy doing what he's doing. I can't imagine being with Frey and Henley can be that fun. Lotta money but a lotta drama and I'm sure a headache. Gotta question if its worth it.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 8, 2023 04:34

kovach
More Hot Rocks
masseywinos
Oh my guess would be playing guitar? I love Joe Walsh, the Eagles reunion in 94 saved his life and he has taken full advantage. I do have a question about the upcoming 4 year farewell tour. Is Deacon Frey a part of it?

I told a friend of mine they should call this the Eagle & Dan tour since as someone already pointed out there's only 1 original member in each band.

Thank you. I stand corrected. I was misinformed

Date: July 8, 2023 05:29

More Hot Rocks
kovach
More Hot Rocks
masseywinos

Thank you. I stand corrected. I was misinformed

Well I'm no authority, just repeating what I read! We'll see I suppose...

Date: July 11, 2023 23:55

Joe Walsh, speaking to Chris Willman of Variety at Ringo Starr's Peace & Love Birthday celebration in California, July 7:

“We’re in our seventies, and we recognize that we can’t do this forever,” Walsh said. But, apart from that admission, the singer-guitarist was not sounding like the retiring type at all… and indeed, the Eagles’ own group statement indicated that the band would keep going until all the markets that wanted to see them were sated.

“I think people like BB King set an example, which is, there’s no reason to stop unless you can’t do it,” Walsh continued. “And so we’re just announcing that we’re gonna just focus on playing quality shows and slow it down a little bit. And we’re gonna play till we can’t, or play till nobody comes, whichever comes first. But they’re still coming, so why stop? That’s the only thing we know how to do.”

[variety.com]

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: July 12, 2023 14:52

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 13, 2023 01:33

“We’re in our seventies, and we recognize that we can’t do this forever,” Walsh said. But, apart from that admission, the singer-guitarist was not sounding like the retiring type at all… and indeed, the Eagles’ own group statement indicated that the band would keep going until all the markets that wanted to see them were sated.

“I think people like BB King set an example, which is, there’s no reason to stop unless you can’t do it,” Walsh continued. “And so we’re just announcing that we’re gonna just focus on playing quality shows and slow it down a little bit. And we’re gonna play till we can’t, or play till nobody comes, whichever comes first. But they’re still coming, so why stop? That’s the only thing we know how to do.”

What an interesting commentary by Mister Walsh. What he's really saying is we're only in it for the money and as long as the money is there so are we. I dedicate the following song to him, the Eagles and all those out there touring on past glory.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: July 13, 2023 15:22

The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks!

Date: July 13, 2023 16:46

New Dates Added to "The Long Goodbye" Tour

July 12, 2023

Due to overwhelming demand, second shows have been added to the Eagles’ “The Long Goodbye” tour for Madison Square Garden, TD Garden, Ball Arena, Gainbridge Fieldhouse, State Farm Arena, and Xcel Energy Center.

Tickets go on sale Friday, July 14th, at 10:00 AM local time at eagles.com/pages/tour

Presale tickets for the added New York and Denver shows are already on sale.

Presale tickets for the added Boston, Indianapolis, Atlanta, and St. Paul shows go on sale Thursday, July 12th at 10 AM local time.

[eagles.com]

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: July 14, 2023 19:02

More Hot Rocks
masseywinos

They bought him off. He'll be back.

Date: September 8, 2023 14:36

Review of opening night of "The Long Goodbye" tour at Madison Square Garden.

Eagles pay tribute to Jimmy Buffett at final tour kickoff: 'Sailing on that cosmic ocean'

Melissa Ruggieri
USA TODAY
Sept. 8, 2023

Charles Sykes/Invision/AP

[www.usatoday.com]

Setlist: [www.usatoday.com]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 8, 2023 20:45

Setlist is exactly the same as they've done for the last decade lol. Every hit you want without a single surprise. Which, power to them, they have a lot of so you might as well fill a whole show with that. But the first time I saw the Stones I didn't get Paint It Black, Gimme Shelter, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Miss You, Street Fighting Man, Let's Spend The Night Together. And guess what? It made me want to come back a second time. If I see everything the first time, why go again? I also kinda thought, for a "farewell", they'd do ANYTHING special. But it looks like the same show with the Farewell slapped on the poster.

OT: Eagles announce 3 summer dates in Manchester, UK
Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: January 24, 2024 20:52

Long Goodbye tour dates for the Uk

The Eagles – Don Henley, Joe Walsh, Timothy B. Schmit, with Vince Gill, and Deacon Frey, announce a UK residency at the new Co-Op Live Arena Manchester as part of their acclaimed ‘Long Goodbye’ tour, 31/5/24, 1/6/24 & 4/6/24

Performing at the largest indoor Arena in the UK, The Eagles’ long-time contemporaries and fellow Hall of Famers, Steely Dan, will join these historic shows and commemorate their own 50+ year career. Tickets go on general sale on Friday 26th January at 10 am via Livenation.co.uk

Also the Gelredorme Arnhem,NL on the 13/6/24

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 25, 2024 18:02

We need more Canada dates

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: January 25, 2024 18:46

babyblue
I think I just heard The Dude say, 'please God no'.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 25, 2024 20:49

bye bye johnny

Eagles pay tribute to Jimmy Buffett at final tour kickoff: 'Sailing on that cosmic ocean'

Melissa Ruggieri
USA TODAY
Sept. 8, 2023

[www.usatoday.com]

I don't think they have enough guitars in that band.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 25, 2024 21:08

kovach
bye bye johnny

Melissa Ruggieri
USA TODAY
Sept. 8, 2023

[www.usatoday.com]

I don't think they have enough guitars in that band.

Who do they think they are? Diarrhea Planet?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 25, 2024 21:20

It seems a lot of country bands have multiple guitarists! I remember seeing Brooks and Dunn on the Tonight Show I believe, and they had just as many as the Eagles!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 25, 2024 23:20

DGA35
It seems a lot of country bands have multiple guitarists! I remember seeing Brooks and Dunn on the Tonight Show I believe, and they had just as many as the Eagles!

Luke Combs has tons of people on stage but not a big, complex sound. Funny how 3 piece bands (Cream, Nirvana, Green Day, ZZ Top, The Police, Hendrix Experience, Rush, Motorhead, Melvins...) often seem to have a fuller sound than some with 9 people in their band.

Posted by: Dagopauley ()
Date: January 26, 2024 01:12

It should be called the goodbye and good riddance tour.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: January 26, 2024 14:21

selling fast!

7th and 8th June added at Co-Op Live Arena Manchester,uk

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: January 26, 2024 16:26

Plumped for nosebleeds first Saturday night in Manchester - 89 quid all in
Not seen eagles before but keen to see new arena too and waiting on pearl jam pulling their fingers out and announcing for there

Ticket prices in lower bowl eye watering btw - 240-460 quid. I’m happy enough with a nosebleed at under 100 and only 40m drive home

Date: January 26, 2024 17:00

Odd that they are not playing London - I guess the new arena in Manchester is keen to have some 'exclusive' shows to boost awareness.

Date: January 26, 2024 17:08

drwatts
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
babyblue
I think I just heard The Dude say, 'please God no'.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
. Oh really

Date: January 26, 2024 17:09

babyblue
drwatts
babyblue

Oh really

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 27, 2024 00:20

babyblue
babyblue
drwatts
babyblue

Oh really

Didn't the Eagles come to Vancouver just before covid? A friend of mine is a big Eagles fan but she said she didn't want to see them since Glen Frey wasn't there anymore. How many times have they announced a farewell tour now? They're stretching it out longer than KISS did!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home