Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/T IORRian getting back on his bike...needs help to raise funds for Cure Leukaemia!
Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: July 2, 2023 19:32

Hello,

I know that I've been pestering you all on-and-off with various appeals over the last fourteen years but this is the one that means the most and I really wish I was not doing all this again.

A couple of weeks ago one of my favourite people should've turned 54. That Geoff didn't is down to blood cancer, more specifically Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia.

My challenge takes place during September: it's over 1000 miles in 10 days between some of the Cure Leukaemia centres in the UK. The target is a mighty £5000. That's a lot to ask, especially in these times...if we get there, I'll put £1000 in.

That's it, that's the pitch. Time to get on my bike innit?

If you can help at all, please follow this link...

[www.justgiving.com]

As ever, a big thank-you to BV for allowing me to post this and to harass you extraordinary IORRians!

All the best,

Simon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-21 22:52 by SimonN.

Re: O/T IORRian getting back on his bike...needs to raise funds for Cure Leukaemia!
Date: July 3, 2023 10:57

Good Morning!

And a great, big thank you to STG and Mr Engholm for donating to this great cause once more. I really appreciate it...beer/malts are on me!

Cheers,

Simon.

Re: O/T IORRian getting back on his bike...needs to raise funds for Cure Leukaemia!
Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: July 4, 2023 14:31

Will donate later on,Simon.

Good luck.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 4, 2023 14:41

All done. You're an absolutely hero Simon.

Good luck

Mike B

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 4, 2023 17:45

Good luck. Sure hope you reach your goal.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 14, 2023 21:55

Good Evening,

Introducing a new and regular Friday night feature: very much hoping that you are either in a generous mood, just been paid or have taken drink, or ideally all three!

Massive thanks to you dancers that have donated to Cure Leukaemia already (the latest good eggs are Mike, Hansie, Adrian, Mike and Gazza): know that although I promise you a beer or two, the odds are stacked against you ever collecting, hah-hah!

However this Friday finds you, have a good one…cheers!

This is the link if you are able to help at all...

[www.justgiving.com]

20861895_1563790723683956_5866034277037168819_o by nicholl.simon, on Flickr

Date: July 21, 2023 22:30

Hello All!

Please forgive the weekly bump in the hope of getting a couple of donations to Cure Leukaemia...just gone through the £1000 mark, so a massive thank you to those generous folk. Nice one!

Yeah, I know it's been a while since the last show but Mick has a point, hah-hah!

Anyway, if you can help at all please follow this link,,,

[www.justgiving.com]

Right, back to the weekend...better get back on the bike, right?

Cheers,

Simon.

Date: July 22, 2023 11:54

SimonN

Please forgive the weekly bump

Simon.

No problem Simon. Cheers and good luck.

-------------------

Re: O/T IORRian getting back on his bike...needs help to raise funds for Cure Leukaemia!
Date: July 28, 2023 22:08

Good evening all!

Sorry to pollute the IORR timeline once more but it's for the best of reasons...a great big thank you to DandelionPowderman for donating yet again...nice one Bård: one of these days I hope to get to see you and the band play!

If you can spare the cost of a coffee, please have a look at:

[www.justgiving.com]

Anyway, have a great weekend- I will be out trying to shed a few pounds in the Trough of Bowland (aka The Hurt Locker, hah-hah!). I'm giving Sir Mick (the birthday boy) 24 years and he's in better nick than I am. Gawd, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Simon.

Re: O/T IORRian getting back on his bike...needs help to raise funds for Cure Leukaemia!
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 29, 2023 01:36

This is SO cool--I'll chip in what I can.

And...I'm going to be hiking up Mt Washington--tallest mountain in the Northeast United States--as part of a fundraiser: the 12th Annual Hike for Mental Health.

Guess I can post here for donations too?

thanks!
swiss

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-30 07:28 by swiss.

Date: August 25, 2023 21:58

Hello,

It's three weeks until the Tour de Geoff kicks off and so far Cure Leukaemia are over £3300 to the good, so a massive thank you to you generous IORRians! (Hackney) Diamonds, all of you!

If you'd like to kick the total towards the target of £5000, then pease don't hesitate...good on you!

[www.justgiving.com]

IMG_1494 by nicholl.simon, on Flickr

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 25, 2023 22:17

Date: August 27, 2023 23:07

Best of luck,Simon.

Has you know just made another small donation.
Hope you reach your target.

Date: September 6, 2023 15:12

Hello,

Apparently there's something happening in Stones-land, did I hear?

Well that being so, please forgive this shameless attempt to land a donation or two to Cure Leukaemia. And a big thank you to Tumlin73 for a superb double-donation- nice one Mike!

IMG_5534 by nicholl.simon, on Flickr

Listen to what The Man says! IORRians, if you are in a good'n'generous mood, the link to follow is...

[www.justgiving.com]

We're currently sitting at £4100...it would be ace to edge that upwards. Thanks for reading and on with the show!

Cheers,

Simon.

Date: September 26, 2023 10:53

Hello,

Well the challenge was completed on Sunday afternoon and I was not entirely unhappy to climb off the bike, hah-hah! Two or three of the days threw some of the worst weather that I've ever had the honour to cycle in: absolutely nothing in comparison to those undergoing treatment of course.

The fundraising has gone well...almost at £8,500 and I have to thank a few IORRians for donating so generously yet again (Andy K. being the latest...sorry mate, have forgot your IORR handle).

IMG_6427 by nicholl.simon, on Flickr

If you can spare anything, it'll be going to good use. Thank you again and also thank you Bjornulf for allowing me to post this. Good on you all!

[www.justgiving.com]

All the best,

Simon.

Date: September 26, 2023 22:52

Well done, Simon.

Great total as well. thumbs upsmileys with beer

Date: September 27, 2023 12:08

Right on

-------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2202
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home