Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Charlie speeds through Satisfaction while the band laughs
Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: June 29, 2023 20:10

[www.youtube.com]

Apologies if this was ever talked about before, but this live clip of Charlie speeding up Satisfaction to the point where the entire band cracks up is just joyful to watch. Can't believe it's been almost two years since we lost him.

Re: Charlie speeds through Satisfaction while the band laughs
Posted by: stonerolling ()
Date: June 29, 2023 20:13

love that. what show is it from?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: June 29, 2023 20:32

thanks

charlie the prankstergrinning smiley

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: June 30, 2023 00:10

Twinge of sadness watching this clip. RIP Charlie.
What gig is this from, is it the Licks Tour?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 30, 2023 02:59

I have never seen this but this is epic. This would certainly make the song feel fresh again! I get why they don't do this all the time, its a professional show and some people are only going once, but god to see them do these sort of hijinks more often would be amazing. Feels so intimate when you know they've been playing together for 50 years.

I certainly don't begrudge people that still go to the Stones these days (hell I might too if they came back to my neck of the woods just for a last hurrah, which is what I say everytime), but it is stuff like this that make me wistful. I could never imagine them continuing without Charlie. Same way I really couldn't with Mick and Keith, and even Ronnie at this point unless he was replaced by Mick Taylor which would never happen. But the remaining guys are SO integral to this band. I remember how devastated I was when I found out Charlie died. Just felt like the end of something huge, cause it was. I just can't imagine the band without him. Sure Bill left, and others things have changed, but I always kinda though "if Charlie accepts it, so can I." Just something about him that always lent legitimacy to me.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 30, 2023 06:59

Hysterical. Not sure of the tour but I do remember that black guitar Keef’s playing. The show I saw of that tour he played it for quite a bit of the show and I’d looooooooooved the sound of it! Wish he’d bring it back!!!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 30, 2023 07:56

That's from Salt Lake City 2005. It's part of the Copacabana Deluxe Set. It's the fastest version of Satisfaction I'm aware of.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 30, 2023 07:57

Full Version:

video: [m.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-30 07:57 by hockenheim95.

Pressure Drop
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 1, 2023 06:36

Just watchin' SLC 2005, IORR is cookin' big time, the kids are watching and that means serious business! Some pressure is only doing good!!

What do you think fellow IOORians?

Re: Pressure Drop
Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: July 1, 2023 13:58

Salt Lake Ciry 2005 is great, love the sound and the energy. Even IORR, which I sometimes skip on other live shows, sounds dsmn good.

Satisfaction is played at such a tempo, seems to catch Mick off guard for a moment.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 1, 2023 14:02

IrelandCalling4
Satisfaction is played at such a tempo, seems to catch Mick off guard for a moment.

More about that here: [iorr.org]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 1, 2023 15:06

Quite understandably he's bored with the song after playing it 2000 times. So the tempo change envigored the band and broke the conformity. Which is a good thing. But only for a short while though...

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: July 1, 2023 19:07

IrelandCalling4
Salt Lake Ciry 2005 is great, love the sound and the energy. Even IORR, which I sometimes skip on other live shows, sounds dsmn good.
This one’s a bit shaky though!

[youtu.be]

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 1, 2023 19:23

Its only a couple of beats per minute faster than the tempo that Keith starts it with.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 4, 2023 01:41

Let Charlie decide the BPM for a change, come on lads!!!

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: July 4, 2023 10:55

sometimes charlie even was in another rhythm-sphere :-)
london 1982 - she's so cold - [www.youtube.com]
perth 1973 - gimme shelter - [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 7, 2023 20:45

hockenheim95
Full Version:

video: [m.youtube.com]

That is quite something. We’re talking 81/82 speed here. One of the comments on that YouTube vid said Charlie has a bad stomach that night and he was keen for the show to end. But to my untrained eyes and ears he’s on fire here, hammering the living daylights out of his drums.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 9, 2023 07:28

bonddm
IrelandCalling4
This one’s a bit shaky though!

[youtu.be]

Wow.

One wrongly tuned string. Threw them all off!

But that bit after the bridge... that was really cool.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 9, 2023 07:30

It seems that Charlie truthfully responded to Keith's opening riffage speed and then kept it going.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: July 9, 2023 16:10

GasLightStreet
It seems that Charlie truthfully responded to Keith's opening riffage speed and then kept it going.
Exactly

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home