Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Stones Remixes
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 19, 2023 01:55

jobt
treaclefingers
wow. This is your first post? Do you have friends?

I'm here to tell the truth. Who are you and why do you care?

Oh, please don't mistake my post for thinking that I care about you or your opinion.

And my question was purely rhetorical I assure you, I thought that should at least be obvious.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 19, 2023 03:00

TaurocTony
GasLightStreet
...please explain (provide a link with the remix) your position about that version of Emotional Rescue on HONK being a remix.

Let me take that one, that's an easy one.

Online/Renting it: Apple Music
Offline/Owning it: [iorr.org]

Ok. Go ahead. Reveal the Emotional Rescue remix.

Posted by: TaurocTony ()
Date: June 19, 2023 16:57

GasLightStreet
TaurocTony
GasLightStreet
...please explain (provide a link with the remix) your position about that version of Emotional Rescue on HONK being a remix.

You wouldn't know how to appreciate it.

Date: June 22, 2023 19:28

TaurocTony
GasLightStreet
TaurocTony
GasLightStreet

You wouldn't know how to appreciate it.

Your opinion is wrong. And you're bluffing. You've not provided a link to anything. There is no ER remix.

Date: June 22, 2023 22:00

Go to 2:44

Date: June 22, 2023 22:04

Of all the not-true remixes ie just the recording without any additional recording, this is the best "remix" of any of the dance/club remixed tracks, which probably started with Rock And A Hard Place.

Date: June 22, 2023 22:05

Date: June 22, 2023 22:13

Miss You by DJ S... unofficial but this is pretty cool.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 23, 2023 21:34

remixes are the devil of the music industry

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 23, 2023 23:19

GasLightStreet
Of all the not-true remixes ie just the recording without any additional recording, this is the best "remix" of any of the dance/club remixed tracks, which probably started with Rock And A Hard Place.

It is good, I always put it in me and my girlfriends Spotify car playlist, she kinda likes it too (the only Stones track she likes and knew at the concert I took her to last year)

Posted by: TaurocTony ()
Date: June 24, 2023 02:26

GasLightStreet

We have a new Dolby Atmos mix of Love Is Strong.

Online/Renting it: [music.apple.com]

Date: June 26, 2023 07:24

TaurocTony
GasLightStreet

Doesn't count.

Just like the Emotional Rescue "remix".

Fake.

Not one thing about Atmos deals with remixes. You and that glazed donut jobt are shouting about nothing in regard to remixes - and jobt has failed, again and again, to provide anything.

Y'all want to talk about something you know about, make sure you find out before hand in regard to what you want to talk about. Until then, it's fake news. Providing an AppleMusic link means zero: the only album remixes have been, oh wait, GOATS HEAD SOUP.

Nothing else has been remixed.

Here's a real single/EP remix.

Posted by: jobt ()
Date: June 27, 2023 15:40

GasLightStreet
TaurocTony

Doesn't count.

Fake.

Not one thing about Atmos deals with remixes. You and that glazed donut jobt are shouting about nothing in regard to remixes - and jobt has failed, again and again, to provide anything.

Y'all want to talk about something you know about, make sure you find out before hand in regard to what you want to talk about. Until then, it's fake news. Providing an AppleMusic link means zero: the only album remixes have been, oh wait, GOATS HEAD SOUP.

Why is this guy so noninsightful and ignorant?

Date: June 27, 2023 17:51

jobt
GasLightStreet
TaurocTony

Doesn't count.

Fake.

Why don't you know the difference between a remix and a mix? Stop showing yourself. Your projecting, oh thou King Dolby Atmos XIII.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 27, 2023 19:09

Let's not get this thread closed, too. We already lost the wonderful Reel Stone version of THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 27, 2023 19:37

Rocky Dijon
Let's not get this thread closed, too. We already lost the wonderful Reel Stone version of THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK.
You can try Princess Leia's Stolen Death Star Plans winking smiley
[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 28, 2023 03:28

GasLightStreet
jobt
GasLightStreet
TaurocTony

Doesn't count.

Fake.

Why don't you know the difference between a remix and a mix? Stop showing yourself. Your projecting, oh thou King Dolby Atmos XIII.

Everybody, please help me, how should this severe case of a noninsightful and ignorant guy be handled?

How and where can we seek help? Who is the leading consultant when it comes to collecting the Rolling Stones music?

The question is...is it true that both Tattoo You and Honk have been remixed in Dolby Atmos?

Date: June 28, 2023 05:04

jobt
GasLightStreet
jobt
GasLightStreet
TaurocTony

Doesn't count.

Fake.

Everybody, please help me, how should this severe case of a noninsightful and ignorant guy be handled?

How and where can we seek help? Who is the leading consultant when it comes to collecting the Rolling Stones music?

The question is...is it true that both Tattoo You and Honk have been remixed in Dolby Atmos?

If I may, I could possibly have a solution for you.

There is a contributor to this forum from the past, and his knowledge of Stones recordings was unmatched. He was peerless.

His handle was "Skipstone". Some adoringly called him "Skippy". Still others just called him "Skip". A few..."God". He has not been heard from in many years. A disagreement with a ne'er-do-well...surprising still so many on this board. But I digress.

People say he still lurks here...watching us all.

Were I you, I would put out a call to him, perhaps even creating a thread requesting his guidance? Maybe just maybe he will answer your questions.

It is he, Skipstone whose counsel you should seek. He most certainly will have answers to all your questions regarding Stones recording lore. Godspeed.

Date: June 28, 2023 08:28

grinning smiley

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: June 28, 2023 08:53

deardoctor
I know this track gots a lot of hate.
But indeed I love this remix:

[www.youtube.com]

brilliant guitar weaving

Winning Ugly is potentially a very good song, also the Dirty Work version, but it gets ruined by the 80s sound and production. One day, a grungy, swampy, funky rock and roll band will make the perfect cover version of that song.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-28 08:55 by matxil.

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: June 28, 2023 14:05

This one is actually brilliant. Keith blasts his guitar, what a sound, almost as sharp as Street Fighting Man (though acoustic), hitting those Telecaster strings.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 28, 2023 22:13

I really like this song and the remix by Kevin Parkervideo: [youtu.be]

Posted by: dirk94 ()
Date: June 29, 2023 01:53

jobt

Thanks to ReelStone Trading Group (RSTG), the leading knowledge resource for the serious collector of rare Rolling Stones music, we got proof (by samples) that both Tattoo You and Honk were remixed in Dolby Atmos.

Tattoo You was remixed in Dolby Atmos by Stan Kybert.

Date: June 29, 2023 08:08

jobt
GasLightStreet
jobt
GasLightStreet
TaurocTony

Doesn't count.

Fake.

It's astounding that you fail at what a remix is vs remixing an album. No one is presenting any 2020 GOATS HEAD SOUP remixed album tracks as remixes. What you're claiming is no different.

This is about remixes - special versions, different versions. Nothing with any Stones album with Dolby Atmos is that.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: June 29, 2023 20:31

jobt
GasLightStreet
Not a remix so much as an extended edit, just some tweaked editing of an otherwise not so edited mix of Emotional Rescue.

ribbelchips
This topic is about remixes by other artists, right? Different takes on songs, by adding and/or removing instruments or complete parts of the songs. adding loops, samples... Sometimes even changing the genre of the tune to a dancetrack. That kind of stuff.
Adding channels to stereo tracks is more remastering in my book...

It's absolutely appalling how noninsightful and ignorant you guys are.

You haven't got a clue about what you're talking about.

I like your direct way of commenting. Go for it!

Date: June 29, 2023 21:39

dirk94
jobt

Thanks to ReelStone Trading Group (RSTG), the leading knowledge resource for the serious collector of rare Rolling Stones music, we got proof (by samples) that both Tattoo You and Honk were remixed in Dolby Atmos.

Tattoo You was remixed in Dolby Atmos by Stan Kybert.

Great!

Date: June 29, 2023 21:40

GasLightStreet
It's astounding that you fail at what a remix is vs remixing an album. No one is presenting any 2020 GOATS HEAD SOUP remixed album tracks as remixes. What you're claiming is no different.

This is about remixes - special versions, different versions. Nothing with any Stones album with Dolby Atmos is that.

You simply don't have clue about what you are talking about. A simple google search would make you so much wiser.

Have you noticed that nobody seems to share your views!

Date: June 29, 2023 21:41

GerardHennessy
jobt
GasLightStreet
Not a remix so much as an extended edit, just some tweaked editing of an otherwise not so edited mix of Emotional Rescue.

ribbelchips
This topic is about remixes by other artists, right? Different takes on songs, by adding and/or removing instruments or complete parts of the songs. adding loops, samples... Sometimes even changing the genre of the tune to a dancetrack. That kind of stuff.

Feel free to learn and get inspired.

Date: June 29, 2023 22:26

jobt
GerardHennessy
jobt
GasLightStreet

ribbelchips

Feel free to learn and get inspired.

This is so inspirational! Teach us more!

Date: July 2, 2023 07:23

jobt
GasLightStreet

You simply don't have clue about what you are talking about. A simple google search would make you so much wiser.

Have you noticed that nobody seems to share your views!

You are ignorant.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1584
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home