Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Stones Remixes
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 14, 2023 06:44

Kind of inspired by Track Talk and Album Talk... but since there's not very many, just one thread should suffice:

One Hit (To The Body) London Mix - the cursive writing on the vinyl spindle (?) spells Ome Hit!

As much as I despise DIRTY WORK, the remixes of two of the three singles were (and still are, I guess) pretty damn good (well, Harlem Shuffle can never sound bad).

The London Mix of One Hit (To The Body) reveals some intricate guitar playing, with great attention to quasi-reggae licks and percussive attacks, with an interesting play of the heavy jangly acoustic here and there. The remix gives a good sonic glimpse as to why it was released as a single - it's actually a pretty damn good tune.

Re: Stones Remixes
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 14, 2023 06:52

Great song the regular or remixed version. Still wishing they’d open with One Hit - it’d be stellar!

Also, the ‘n’ is correct. A small ‘n’ in cursive writing actually has two humps like that and a small ‘m’ has three. Not a misprint there.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 14, 2023 09:15

GasLightStreet

One Hit (To The Body) London Mix - the cursive writing on the vinyl spindle (?) spells Ome Hit!

As much as I despise DIRTY WORK, the remixes of two of the three singles were (and still are, I guess) pretty damn good (well, Harlem Shuffle can never sound bad).

The London Mix of One Hit (To The Body) reveals some intricate guitar playing, with great attention to quasi-reggae licks and percussive attacks, with an interesting play of the heavy jangly acoustic here and there. The remix gives a good sonic glimpse as to why it was released as a single - it's actually a pretty damn good tune.

Be careful, you might end up (finally) liking Dirty Works …

Although I am sure you will never admit it in public!

C

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: June 14, 2023 10:49

I have a hate/love relationship with Stones remixes. Some of them are fantastic, others are pure crap in my opinion. I love the Miss You Dance version and I like the Mixed Emotions (12"version) and You Got me Rocking (Perfecto Mix) remixes. And I actually prefer the Jeff Bhasker mix of Doom & Gloom over the original single version..

It's a shame that there isn't a remix version of Emotional Rescue. The perfect Stones song to remix imho.

Date: June 14, 2023 12:00

The One Hit-remix is very good, imo. The bass playing in there (John Regan?) is really cool.

Here's another good one.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 14, 2023 22:53

ribbelchips
I have a hate/love relationship with Stones remixes. Some of them are fantastic, others are pure crap in my opinion. I love the Miss You Dance version and I like the Mixed Emotions (12"version) and You Got me Rocking (Perfecto Mix) remixes. And I actually prefer the Jeff Bhasker mix of Doom & Gloom over the original single version..

It's a shame that there isn't a remix version of Emotional Rescue. The perfect Stones song to remix imho.
They should remix IORR album to make it sound like Black n Blue.And remix Ladies and Gentlemen.

Date: June 15, 2023 16:34

Taylor1
ribbelchips

They should remix IORR album to make it sound like Black n Blue.And remix Ladies and Gentlemen.

They need the multitracks to do a remix. I doubt they have them.

Posted by: TaurocTony ()
Date: June 16, 2023 00:12

ribbelchips
It's a shame that there isn't a remix version of Emotional Rescue...

False, where have you been the past year!?

Online/Renting it: Apple Music
Offline/Owning it: [iorr.org]

Date: June 16, 2023 07:10

VoodooLounge13
Great song the regular or remixed version. Still wishing they’d open with One Hit - it’d be stellar!

Also, the ‘n’ is correct. A small ‘n’ in cursive writing actually has two humps like that and a small ‘m’ has three. Not a misprint there.

It's been a long time since I've written in cursive!

Date: June 16, 2023 07:11

liddas
GasLightStreet

Be careful, you might end up (finally) liking Dirty Works …

Although I am sure you will never admit it in public!

C

I will never like that album. I would admit it if I did.

Date: June 16, 2023 07:21

TaurocTony
ribbelchips

The link doesn't have anything.

Not a remix so much as an extended edit, just some tweaked editing of an otherwise not so edited mix of Emotional Rescue.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: June 16, 2023 09:03

I know this track gots a lot of hate.
But indeed I love this remix:

[www.youtube.com]

brilliant guitar weaving

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-16 09:04 by deardoctor.

Date: June 16, 2023 10:15

TaurocTony
ribbelchips

This topic is about remixes by other artists, right? Different takes on songs, by adding and/or removing instruments or complete parts of the songs. adding loops, samples... Sometimes even changing the genre of the tune to a dancetrack. That kind of stuff.

Adding channels to stereo tracks is more remastering in my book...

Date: June 16, 2023 10:15

Double..

Posted by: jobt ()
Date: June 16, 2023 16:23

GasLightStreet
Not a remix so much as an extended edit, just some tweaked editing of an otherwise not so edited mix of Emotional Rescue.

ribbelchips
This topic is about remixes by other artists, right? Different takes on songs, by adding and/or removing instruments or complete parts of the songs. adding loops, samples... Sometimes even changing the genre of the tune to a dancetrack. That kind of stuff.

It's absolutely appalling how noninsightful and ignorant you guys are.

You haven't got a clue about what you're talking about.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 16, 2023 16:38

jobt
GasLightStreet

ribbelchips

wow. This is your first post? Do you have friends?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 16, 2023 17:01

Ok boys and girls, be nice to each other.

Posted by: jobt ()
Date: June 16, 2023 17:20

treaclefingers

I'm here to tell the truth. Who are you and why do you care?

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: June 16, 2023 23:11

jobt
treaclefingers

This sucks. Now back to music please

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 16, 2023 23:24

And as a footnote, Ronnie got a rare songwriting credit for One Hit!

Posted by: stefanz ()
Date: June 17, 2023 00:18

deardoctor
jobt
treaclefingers

This sucks. Now back to music please

You never knew anything about the music.

Posted by: GhostTown2021 ()
Date: June 17, 2023 00:48

DandelionPowderman

OK, maybe I missed something. But I think I can say without a doubt, that the Rolling Stones indeed DO have the multitracks!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 17, 2023 01:34

GhostTown2021
DandelionPowderman

OK, maybe I missed something. But I think I can say without a doubt, that the Rolling Stones indeed DO have the multitracks!

They have them. They have everything. You are right I don’t know why he would say that.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: June 17, 2023 03:12

GhostTown2021
DandelionPowderman

Dandelion is referring to the existence of multitracks for the L & G movie, which seems doubtful indeed as the official release has very sub-par sound.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-17 03:14 by shawnriffhard1.

Date: June 17, 2023 03:49

jobt
GasLightStreet

ribbelchips

By all means, please explain (provide a link with the remix) your position about that version of Emotional Rescue on HONK being a remix.

That should provide sufficient material in regard to how appallingly "noninsightful and ignorant" we guys are.

I'll wait. Maybe some of the "we" of us guys will wait as well.

Date: June 17, 2023 04:04

It seems that an "extended version" of a single seems to be the full mix/unedited or less edited version of the LP version (which is usually edited) and isn't a whole lot different from the LP or even single version except for its time.

Except for the intro, it's understandable to listen to this and go, Oh that sounds a lot like the LP version but much longer.

Is it a remix? There are elements that suggest it is but, like the extended version(s) of Miss You, it's difficult to tell, flat out, because those extended versions could be edited to be the LP and UK single version easily.

In this instance, this extended version of Undercover Of The Night is a remix but it's not called that.

Or if you prefer to see the RSR label version...

The Dub version...

Extended Cheeky Mix (a longer version of the Extended?)

Date: June 17, 2023 04:18

The beauty of this mix, more so than the London mix, is that it really brings out what the Stones did with Harlem Shuffle, and it's one of their best remixes in my ears. A bit dated but whatever. Some excellent guitar work.

Date: June 17, 2023 08:44

More Hot Rocks
GhostTown2021
DandelionPowderman

They have them. They have everything. You are right I don’t know why he would say that.

Then you know something I don't, obviously.

Please explain to me why they released the L&G CD with the same crappy mix if they have the multitrack tapes.

Date: June 17, 2023 11:08

GhostTown2021
DandelionPowderman

How do you know, and why didn't they use them for the L&G CD release?

Posted by: TaurocTony ()
Date: June 17, 2023 18:49

GasLightStreet
...please explain (provide a link with the remix) your position about that version of Emotional Rescue on HONK being a remix.

Let me take that one, that's an easy one.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2256
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home