Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Catching Fire: The Story of Anita Pallenberg
Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: May 16, 2023 20:06

True to style, even from the great beyond Anita Pallenberg made it happen. “Of course I’m going to Cannes” she probably said.
Because one of the surprises - at least to me - when the Cannes filmfestival opened today, was that the long awaited Anita Pallenberg documentary is scheduled to screen.
The 110 minute film, simply called «ANITA», is directed by Svetlana Zill and Alexis Bloom. It is said to be «a film about family, made by family.»
The project was brought to the directors three years ago by Marlon Richards, who wanted his mother’s story be told in all its complexity.

I haven’t seen the film, but was fortunate to meet up with one of the directors in France last summer.
I was surprised to hear about the unique material they sat on. The story is based on the unpublished memoir Anita left behind and her words are read by Scarlett Johansson in the film.
Rumors tell of Super 8 home movies (if it includes anything from the South American trip in 1968 I am going mental), private photos and candid interviews with those who knew her, including her family, Marianne Faithfull and Kate Moss.

If anybody got a festival pass and can access the screening, please chime in as I am very eager to hear how it was smiling smiley

Festival pitch:

This intimate documentary reveals the story of a fierce rock ‘n’ roller, actress, muse and mother
who rose to prominence in the 1960s and 1970s. Using the words of her unpublished memoir,
Anita pulls us into her world, with the help of a supporting cast that includes her family - Marlon,
Angela, and their father Keith Richards.
Never-seen-before home movies and family photographs explore life with the Rolling Stones:
this is a bittersweet tale of both triumph and heartbreak. From Barbarella to the Swiss Alps, and
the Lower East Side of New York, Anita Pallenberg was a woman ahead of her time.

Link to the festival page

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-06 09:12 by bv.

Re: «Anita» - new Anita Pallenberg documentary premieres at Cannes Film Festival
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: May 16, 2023 21:01

That sounds like a great project. Very intersting to see how things happened from her view. We hopefully can see this one day.

Re: «Anita» - new Anita Pallenberg documentary premieres at Cannes Film Festival
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 16, 2023 21:43

right after the brian documentary is released we get what looks to be a pretty good documentary on anita with keith involvedsmiling smiley

whatever one thinks of anita you can't say she had a boring life

this could be really good

thanks for posting about it

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 16, 2023 22:19

Oh my, can't wait!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 17, 2023 01:46

Like Brian, her aura, her whatever, permeates the foundation of the Stones. Her influence on their look, their attitude, and her darkness, is all part of it. An underappreciated contributor.

Date: May 17, 2023 04:40

24FPS
Like Brian, her aura, her whatever, permeates the foundation of the Stones. Her influence on their look, their attitude, and her darkness, is all part of it. An underappreciated contributor.

completely agree!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 17, 2023 06:05

This documentary looks very interesting. Thanks for posting, RobberBride!

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: May 17, 2023 11:09

anita and keith in cannes 1967
[www.youtube.com]

pressconference for "Mord und Totschlag"
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 17, 2023 12:52

Looking forward to reading more about this and seeing the movie of course !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 17, 2023 13:16

Interesting! She really deserves a documentary of her own. Well done, Marlon.

- Doxa

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 17, 2023 18:28

can't wait to see

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 17, 2023 19:48

No interest to seeing this, but it is nice that Marlon did this for his mom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-17 20:27 by Koen.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 18, 2023 00:36

Cannot wait to see this, especially the unseen footage. I don't think i've ever heard Marlon's voice before either, so am curious if he sounds like Keith.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Zotz ()
Date: May 18, 2023 01:57

Anita Pallenberg and Deborah Dixon at a Kinks concert at the Olympia, Paris 1965

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 19, 2023 09:41

I really hope this film gets some distribution so we can easily watch it. I am sure it would be really interesting!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 19, 2023 09:46

Wanna see it ....

ROCKMAN

Date: May 20, 2023 01:41

I don't know any Stones songs specifically inspired, or about Anita. Can anyone think of some?

Date: May 20, 2023 05:59

NO proof at all but always get
a strange kinda feeling that Just A Gift is to Anita .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 20, 2023 06:03

Rockman
NO proof at all but always get
a strange kinda feeling that Just A Gift is to Anita .....

Frida's Just Like That comes to mind Terry! Gotta check out Just A Gift!

How are things down under?

I miss You Mate smileys with beer

Date: May 20, 2023 06:05

Yeah Maxeeeeeee esp The lyrics to Gift ....

Things are smooth last time i checked hhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 20, 2023 06:11

Rockman
Yeah Maxeeeeeee esp The lyrics to Gift ....

Things are smooth last time i checked hhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Beaudiful!!! I gotta check 'em out! Working on kissing that special lady's hand winking smiley

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: May 20, 2023 07:23

All About You

Date: May 20, 2023 08:17

riccardo99
All About You

There's a possibility.

Date: May 20, 2023 11:01

24FPS
riccardo99
All About You

There's a possibility.

About Anita (and Mick), according to Keith.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 20, 2023 16:10

Purely speculation, but I would imagine Anita played a part as a major or minor lyrical subject of You Got the Silver, Monkey Man, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Wild Horses, I Got the Blues, Moonlight Mile, Sweet Virginia, Loving Cup, Happy, Angie, Hand of Fate, Crazy Mama, Let Me Go, Down in the Hole, All About You, Too Tough, and Thief in the Night at a minimum.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 20, 2023 17:49

Fabulous shot of her on the poster. I hope this will be "must watch".

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 20, 2023 18:04

DandelionPowderman
24FPS
riccardo99
All About You

There's a possibility.

About Anita (and Mick), according to Keith.

I don’t know Keith said it’s also about Mick. But for me, listening to the song it’s about Anita clearly. Even if Keith said otherwise, one has always somekind of own feeling or interpretation what a song is about or what it means to one. smiling smiley

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: May 20, 2023 18:37

You Got The Silver is about Anita

Hey babe, what's in your eyes?
I saw them flashing like airplane lights
You fill my cup, babe, that's for sure
I must come back for a little more…

Date: May 20, 2023 19:21

i don't know what the rolling stones would have been like without anita

but i'm sure it would have been very different

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 20, 2023 22:14

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home