Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Charlie Watts Anthology album to be released June 30, 2023
Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: May 11, 2023 23:10

Ordered the cd and vinyl sets. $46 on Amazon.

Date: May 12, 2023 08:57

Charles Robert belongs to the Top 10 of the current best selling Jazz records at German's major records retailer JPC (Jazz-Pop-Classic).

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 12, 2023 10:02

child-of-the-moon
Charles Robert belongs to the Top 10 of the current best selling Jazz records at German's major records retailer JPC (Jazz-Pop-Classic).

Along with legends like Sonny Clark, Rickie Lee Jones, Andrew Hill, Freddie Hubbard, and Grachan Moncur III. I bet he'd probably heard and enjoyed some of the new acts too.

Date: May 12, 2023 12:56

Rebekka Bakken tops the charts? I interviewed her a couple years back. She's not very well known here in Norway, even though she's Norwegian.

Date: May 13, 2023 08:44

About time!

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: May 13, 2023 17:55

Looks a great collection. I have most of his solo albums, enjoy them all, favourite maybe being the wonderful Watts/Keltner Project.

Re: Charlie Watts Anthology to be released
Date: May 13, 2023 18:32

Many thanks to Nico Zentgraf for finding this.

"A very grainy video clip from a concert by The Bob Hall / George Green Boogie Woogie Band at Swindon Arts Centre circa 1979. This was the second concert by the band in Swindon and on this track you hear George Green piano, Charlie Watts drums, Colin Smith trumpet, Dick Morrissey tenor, John Picard trombone and Bob Hall vocals."

Re: Charlie Watts Anthology to be released
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 16, 2023 08:50

Cristiano Radtke
Many thanks to Nico Zentgraf for finding this.

"A very grainy video clip from a concert by The Bob Hall / George Green Boogie Woogie Band at Swindon Arts Centre circa 1979. This was the second concert by the band in Swindon and on this track you hear George Green piano, Charlie Watts drums, Colin Smith trumpet, Dick Morrissey tenor, John Picard trombone and Bob Hall vocals."

Cool and wonderful! thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: May 16, 2023 10:19

Not a jazz-fan myself, so I'm not gonna buy this album, but Charlie deserves this album to top the jazz-charts!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 16, 2023 11:40

child-of-the-moon

On 16-May-2023, the Charlie Watts Anthology was at #3 (LP) and #10 (CD) in the jpc Jazz-Charts - [www.jpc.de] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-17 00:15 by Irix.

Date: May 17, 2023 15:39

Irix

On 16-May-2023, the Charlie Watts Anthology was at #3 (LP) and #10 (CD) in the jpc Jazz-Charts - [www.jpc.de] .

Now in the lead:

Date: June 2, 2023 17:40

Charlie Watts now official on [www.Facebook.com] and [www.Instagram.com] :

"The Estate of Charlie Watts is marking Charlie's birthday by launching official Facebook and Instagram accounts today. Charlie was too modest to embrace social media in his lifetime, so today we invite his fans to celebrate his huge musical contribution to the world of rock ’n’ roll, blues and jazz, and the wonderful man known and loved to the millions of fans around the world. Please follow these accounts, and share your memories of the one and only Charlie Watts, who we miss every day and remember with much love" -- [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Official Store: [CharlieWatts.tmstor.es] .

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 30, 2023 10:36

Date: June 30, 2023 10:54

Album out now: [open.spotify.com]

Posted by: Nankstone ()
Date: June 30, 2023 19:21

Also arrived on CD.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: July 1, 2023 20:58

Ordered physical copy, been listening on YouTube - such a wonderful collection. I hadn't heard the Fulham for years or any of Watts at Scott's previously, but had all of the other albums. Love the 'Tribute to Charlie Parker' material, live and From One Charlie;'Watts/Keltner' and 'Long Ago and Far Away' (my first solo Charlie purchase way back in 1996).

The opening pair from Fulham not yet on the YouTube playlist of the Anthology but what a fantastic start they are to the collection (full Fulham album is on YouTube).

Diverse with big band swing, Quintet hip-cat jazz!, vocal beauties from the 90s duo of standards, ambient cool of Watts/Keltner. Through yesterday and today have it on repeat, sparkling stuff.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-01 21:00 by IrelandCalling4.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: July 5, 2023 00:25

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 5, 2023 01:58

Mine is due to arrive tomorrow - looking forward to listening!

Date: July 5, 2023 20:20

"Charlie Watts photographed for Rolling Stone Magazine on August 6, 1994 in Toronto, Ontario. (Photo by Anton Corbijn)"

[www.GettyImages.com]

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 6, 2023 22:15

The cover photo...
how and why is this allowed to even happen?!

Date: July 7, 2023 09:32

Ordered both formats and already listened to the album on Apple Music in my car on a looong trip.

For lovers of Charlie’s jazz it is a must-have, a tribute to a truly eccentric drummer. He was a walking encyclopedia of jazz.

Working for the Jazz Orchestra of the Concertgebouw we had the great Bennie Golson playing with us. Bennie was invited by the Stones to attend the Pinkpop concert. I had the honour to accompany Bennie backstage and both Keith and Charlie came in to say hi to Bennie. Keith soon left and Charlie stayed to talk jazz with Bennie, Tim Ries and Bobbie Keys. It is 30 minutes I will never forget, lessons in jazz by Charles Robert Watts. I treasure the memories and the photos.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-07 09:44 by paulinestroosnijder.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 7, 2023 18:46

paulinestroosnijder
Ordered both formats and already listened to the album on Apple Music in my car on a looong trip.

For lovers of Charlie’s jazz it is a must-have, a tribute to a truly eccentric drummer. He was a walking encyclopedia of jazz.

Working for the Jazz Orchestra of the Concertgebouw we had the great Bennie Golson playing with us. Bennie was invited by the Stones to attend the Pinkpop concert. I had the honour to accompany Bennie backstage and both Keith and Charlie came in to say hi to Bennie. Keith soon left and Charlie stayed to talk jazz with Bennie, Tim Ries and Bobbie Keys. It is 30 minutes I will never forget, lessons in jazz by Charles Robert Watts. I treasure the memories and the photos.

How great for you, Pauline!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 8, 2023 22:07

paulinestroosnijder

I also listened to it in my car via Apple Music, but haven't felt it yet. I guess you must really like this music to be able to appreciate it.

Date: July 10, 2023 16:45

It is an education, Koen!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 12, 2023 01:19

The collection debuts on some Billboard charts:

#99 on Top Current Albums (sales around 500-800 copies)
#19 on Jazz Albums
#13 on Traditional Jazz Albums

[www.billboard.com]

Date: July 12, 2023 01:35

In Germany it was #48 on 7-Jul-2023 in the general Top-100 album charts - [www.OffizielleCharts.de] .

Date: July 12, 2023 04:34

A video from a release party thrown at 40x5 Tributo Bar was posted by Charlie's Instagram account: [www.instagram.com]

I wish I could have been there!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 12, 2023 08:35

Cristiano Radtke
A video from a release party thrown at 40x5 Tributo Bar was posted by Charlie's Instagram account: [www.instagram.com]

I wish I could have been there!

Me too friend! smiling smiley

Date: July 12, 2023 14:25

Nice supplement for the CD & LP booklet: the Christie’s catalogue - [www.Christies.com] :

"This commemorative catalogue will celebrate Charlie Watts and his enduring legacy, not only to the world’s greatest rock band but his huge influence on Jazz. The catalogue will include tributes and essays from Charlie’s friends and circle and include wonderful photography throughout, including previously unseen photographs."

Available to pre-order & expected to ship at the end of August 2023, £ 40.00 - [Store.Christies.com] .

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 13, 2023 12:01

A small complaint: would it have been so very difficult to list the performers for each track?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home