Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: OT: PowerTrip 2023
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 12, 2023 17:02

I LOVE Metallica.
Seen Iron Maiden and Judas Priest, both GREAT live.
Guns N'Roses first in L.A. in 1989 at the Coliseum and a handful of times since.
Know nothing about TOOL.

AC/DC is the reason I'm going to the desert...

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 12, 2023 17:14

Kurt
I LOVE Metallica.
Guns N'Roses first in L.A. in 1989 at the Coliseum and a handful of times since.
Know nothing about TOOL.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 12, 2023 18:02

Kurt

Know nothing about TOOL.

You come too late but they were a fine band till 2006 or so.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 12, 2023 18:08

dcba
Kurt

Know nothing about TOOL.

You come too late but they were a fine band till 2006 or so.

What happened then?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 12, 2023 19:53

I believe Tony turned down Black Sabbath because he AND Ozzy had health problems. I think Tony said he wouldn't be up for it either, and then they just went to Ozzy solo and he said yes. But we all kinda knew that wasn't gonna happen.

GNR, Metallica, Iron Maiden and I'm guessing Tool will be their usual selves. GNR being fine and Metallica and Iron Maiden putting on their respectable shows. I can't really imagine anything special from them, Priest in the same boat as all of that. Honestly, thats what Desert Trip was too. There wasn't really anything all that special about it. The Stones covered a Beatles song, Paul and Neil guested, Pete Townshend did a great knee slide, but largely it was just a coming together of all of their respective shows in one place.

AC/DC is also gonna be the same as they always are, which is great, but I have no reason to be worried about them. If you've EVER seen Angus, there's absolutely zero reason to worry about them, and they wouldn't have Brian back if he couldn't do it. I do think they want to see how these go before a tour announcement, but Angus has been itching to get back out on the road and do new stuff, so this is just a good opportunity for him. The band will be tight as they always are, and while some are speculating on Axl guesting with them, Brian has said he couldn't bare to watch those performances. Not cause Axl was bad, but because it just hurt too much. So maybe Angus guests with GNR (not really that big a deal at this point), but AC/DC will do their standard show. I'm pretty sure we could write out the setlist here and be right, and they'll do it with the same energy they always do it. AC/DC doesn't go out if they're not ready, especially Angus, who its really all on. The coolest thing about them is that it'll be the whole Back In Black lineup, minus Malcolm, for the first time in 13 years.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 12, 2023 22:31

powerage78
Kurt
I LOVE Metallica.
Know nothing about TOOL.

Poor Angus appears to be limping........winking smiley

Date: July 13, 2023 11:41

Not sure GnR will be fine.

1 star reviews regarding their show in the Netherlands this week.

Date: July 13, 2023 12:48

Speaking about AC/DC, you must listen to this concert, broadcast FM version (unfortunately incomplete show), Tokyo February 5 1981. Totally explosive, perfect synergy between the two brothers, and a flamboyant, imperious Malcolm. Ultra-powerful, with atomic versions of Bad Boy Boogie and Rocker.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: July 13, 2023 19:19

The band is getting ready, yesterday Angus was seen at the US embassy in London..

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 13, 2023 19:31

powerage78
Speaking about AC/DC, you must listen to this concert, broadcast FM version (unfortunately incomplete show), Tokyo February 5 1981. Totally explosive, perfect synergy between the two brothers, and a flamboyant, imperious Malcolm. Ultra-powerful, with atomic versions of Bad Boy Boogie and Rocker.

[www.youtube.com]

....and this one too. Hard to believe it was 20 years ago.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 14, 2023 12:59

I'm waiting to see Cliff and Phil and I'll be fully reassured.

Date: July 14, 2023 17:06

powerage78

While I know you probably just mean that in a fully due diligence sort of way, there's been nothing to suggest this lineup isn't absolutely Brian, Angus, Cliff, Phil and Stevie, correct? The Power Up lineup from 3 years ago.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 14, 2023 19:24

PaintMonkeyManBlack

They are hit and miss. Some people just don't get their presentation and they also have serious pacing issues. Like a great 100 min set buried in 3 hours.

Date: July 14, 2023 22:17

Dan
PaintMonkeyManBlack

They are hit and miss. Some people just don't get their presentation and they also have serious pacing issues. Like a great 100 min set buried in 3 hours.
I'm a massive GNR fan, and its been hard to stomach for the last 7 years but alternatives seem like they might be worse. I wish they mixed it up a bit, and the pacing issues are BAD, but the thing is if they tightened the show, it would be wall to wall hits for 100 minutes. Casual fans would love that, but me being a hardcore, I'm happy that in that 3 hour show I'm getting some really cool rarities. So its a give and take, but this is better than just being all hits.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 14, 2023 22:29

PaintMonkeyManBlack

I imagine most of the negativity is aimed at Axl and his deteriorating vocals. And that Izzy has been absent for many years, while Slash has become a parody.
And maybe some of it is aimed at the lack of new/recent material - having not released anything for many years now.
I'd say it's probably difficult for any writer to find anything neutral or positive to say about them at this point.
A one star review might even be generous...as the saying goes, bad publicity is better than no publicity at all.

Date: July 14, 2023 23:24

RollingFreak
powerage78

While I know you probably just mean that in a fully due diligence sort of way, there's been nothing to suggest this lineup isn't absolutely Brian, Angus, Cliff, Phil and Stevie, correct? The Power Up lineup from 3 years ago.

Yes.
There's no official confirmation of this. And Phil, who hasn't played live with the band since 2010, unbelievable!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 15, 2023 06:10

Was I the only one to hear a Malcom shaped hole in the band on the Rock or Bust tour?

Date: July 15, 2023 09:41

Yes, of course, Malcolm is sorely missed. But Stevie Young does a great job and he's really perfect on Power Up. On the last tour the relative weakness came from Chris Slade for me. Phil Rudd is indispensable to AC/DC's sound and rhythmic dynamic.

Date: July 15, 2023 14:54

Brian along with Gary Kemp and Guy Pratt, from Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets band.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-15 15:21 by powerage78.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 22, 2023 08:01

powerage78
Brian along with Gary Kemp and Guy Pratt, from Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets band.

Great photo

Date: September 9, 2023 17:18

AC/DC rehearsals, Matt Laug on drums. : [www.instagram.com]

He has played with many bands/artists such as Alanis Morissette, Alice Cooper, Slash's Snakepit...

No Phil Rudd sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-09 17:25 by powerage78.

Date: September 9, 2023 17:25

powerage78

He has played with many bands/artists such as Alanis Morissette, Alice Cooper, Slash's Snakepit...

No Phil Rudd sad smiley

I enjoy Matt cause I've listened to him with others, but no Phil? I thought they got everyone?

Date: September 9, 2023 17:36

Visa problem it seems.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 9, 2023 18:08

powerage78
Visa problem it seems.

Phil took Bad Boy Boogie a bit too seriously some years ago

Date: September 9, 2023 18:09

Yes...

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 10, 2023 00:33

I wonder if they'll change up the setlist a bit since they're rehearsing If You Want Blood?

Date: September 10, 2023 11:52

The concert should last 1h45 maximum. Don't expect any big changes, especially since the band hasn't played since 2016. A surprise perhaps and frankly not sure at all.

Date: September 11, 2023 10:59

Simon Wright on FB smileys with beer :

Congratulations Matt Laug on your new gig with Acdc ! Wishing you all the best !!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-11 11:01 by powerage78.

Date: September 11, 2023 12:31

powerage78

No Phil Rudd sad smiley

Cliff is back, though smiling smiley

Date: September 11, 2023 12:52

Yes, but I'm really disappointed for Phil...
Maybe in Europe, if there's a tour and he can travel...

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2661
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home