Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: The SUN: "Live Aid-style benefit" for Ukraine at Wembley Stadium?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 9, 2023 13:10

I don't know if this event will happen, and I don't think The Rolling Stones will be there. May be one or two band member, who knows.

Just search for "Live Aid" or 121212, and you will see how it works. Each band do get 1, 2 or 3 songs. Frequent stage shifts, guest appearances, it might be interesting, many different acts, but it is a logistics nightmare, and the acts are more interesting than brilliant.

Memories from 121212 at MSG: I do remember Chris Martin and Michael Stipe, it was a great performance. And Alicia Keys doing "Empire State of Mind" ("New York New York"...), and all the fire fighters and nurses on the floor. I understood why I never got hold of the floor tickets, I was not supposed to sit there. The Rolling Stones were there of course, I have seen them so many times, it was not my number one performance, but it was great to see them there still.

These events are rare, I would assume they are best seen on television, as it is hard to get tickets for them.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-09 13:12 by bv.

Re: "Live Aid-style benefit" for Ukraine at Wembley Stadium, June 24, 2023
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 9, 2023 13:12

Topi
Please disperse.

Damn, how I was looking for the Stones, Macca, Stevie Wonder, Dua Lipa and Bruce Springsteen all on stage for a song together...

You will get that at the press conference announcing the new album ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 9, 2023 13:28

ProfessorWolf
MAF
Guest appearance like this?

yeah that seem more likely to me

I didn't know that one. Nice arrangement and performance by U2!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 9, 2023 15:00

doitywoik

It was part of the 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Concert, 29-30th October 2009 at Madison Square Garden (NYC).

Date: March 9, 2023 15:08

doitywoik
ProfessorWolf
MAF
Guest appearance like this?

yeah that seem more likely to me

It was slated here back then. I thought it was interesting.

Re: "Live The SUN: Aid-style benefit" for Ukraine at Wembley Stadium, June 24, 2023
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: March 9, 2023 18:08

bye bye johnny
bv
I just wonder about the "trust rate" of The SUN - a tabloid newspaper which used to have topless female glamour models on page three.

While The Sun is certainly not The Times, they were the first to report on Charlie's pulling out of the 2021 US tour.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Re: The SUN: "Live Aid-style benefit" for Ukraine at Wembley Stadium?
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 9, 2023 20:31

bv
I don't know if this event will happen, and I don't think The Rolling Stones will be there. May be one or two band member, who knows.

Just search for "Live Aid" or 121212, and you will see how it works. Each band do get 1, 2 or 3 songs. Frequent stage shifts, guest appearances, it might be interesting, many different acts, but it is a logistics nightmare, and the acts are more interesting than brilliant.

Memories from 121212 at MSG: I do remember Chris Martin and Michael Stipe, it was a great performance. And Alicia Keys doing "Empire State of Mind" ("New York New York"...), and all the fire fighters and nurses on the floor. I understood why I never got hold of the floor tickets, I was not supposed to sit there. The Rolling Stones were there of course, I have seen them so many times, it was not my number one performance, but it was great to see them there still.

These events are rare, I would assume they are best seen on television, as it is hard to get tickets for them.

I was on the floor. Cost me $2500 of which $2000 was a donation. Actually had 2 singles and took a loss on the second because no one had the money to spend but given the cause I didn't care. The 3 piece band Clapton set was pretty cool as Springsteen and the acts you noted

Re: "Live The SUN: Aid-style benefit" for Ukraine at Wembley Stadium, June 24, 2023
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 9, 2023 22:36

bye bye johnny
bv
I just wonder about the "trust rate" of The SUN - a tabloid newspaper which used to have topless female glamour models on page three.

While The Sun is certainly not The Times, they were the first to report on Charlie's pulling out of the 2021 US tour.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

I think you're right, The Sun had it late on Aug 4, 2021. Daily Mail followed soon after.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-09 22:41 by Topi.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1979
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home