Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: "Live Aid-style benefit" for Ukraine at Wembley Stadium, June 24, 2023
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 8, 2023 11:10

treaclefingers
CaptainCorella
treaclefingers

Moreover, why the Sun would come up with such a detailed lie if in fact it's a lie?

'cos that's what the scum UK tabloid press actually do!!

Lies. Lies. Illegal activities (remember the way the Murdoch press have behaved?).

I guess, but what is actually in it for them to do so? Does the lie move papers? That seems unrealistic...who's gonna buy the paper because of one crummy fake story?

It's clickbait.

Look how many postings here the report has created.

Clickbait = traffic and traffic = revenue.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Re: "Live The SUN: Aid-style benefit" for Ukraine at Wembley Stadium, June 24, 2023
Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 8, 2023 11:16

They should not be co-opted into take sides in a war. They are a band, not a propaganda outfit. Imagine Russia doing this with their bands, it would be correctly denoounced as cheap propaganda.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 8, 2023 11:30

CaptainCorella
ProfessorWolf

12 12 12, the concert for new york, the original live aid (though separately)

plus tons of of other charity/benefit shows solo as well

Live Aid was in 1985, so how could something in 2012 be described as the original of it?

He meant the participation of the Stones at other benefit concerts before - [iorr.org] . His examples were 12-12-12 (2012 Concert for Sandy Relief at MSG in NYC) and the (original) 1985 Live Aid were Mick Jagger and Keith Richards/Ronnie Wood played separately.

It was by the way also rumoured that the Stones would take part at the Live 8 event in 2005 - according to Bob Geldof, he initially had a commitment from them, but due to disagreements within the band they cancelled.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-23 21:00 by Irix.

Re: "Live The SUN: Aid-style benefit" for Ukraine at Wembley Stadium, June 24, 2023
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 8, 2023 11:34

How many hundred pages can we get on this thread? winking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 8, 2023 11:49

It is just The SUN and a few other UK tabloids writing about this event. The way The SUN is writing, is telling me they are just climbing on to a straw. May be they have been told about plans. The rest is "make up" stuff.

The Rolling Stones are normally rehearsing for 4-5 weeks ahead of tours, except for special appearances like press conferences, which is long gone now. I don't think they will rehearse for a month this summer, just to play 2-3 songs at Wembley. Also, they have just started working on rescheduling shows planned for the US tour this summer...

May be Mick, Keith or Ronnie might join in on a guest appearance, but I would not call that a Stones appearance.

I just wonder about the "trust rate" of The SUN - a tabloid newspaper which used to have topless female glamour models on page three. I will wait until BBC, Guardian or Telegraph is writing about the event, until I book my flight to London.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-08 11:54 by bv.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: March 8, 2023 11:52

NilsHolgersson
Hope it's fake news, the Stones shouldn't turn into cringy Bono

100% this. That self declared Jesus really gives me the creeps. If it's purely to raise money.. sure, give it a go! But when do-gooders like him are involved, Then you can bet that it will be full of political statements.

Date: March 8, 2023 11:53

bv
Also, they have just started working on rescheduling shows planned for June...

Well, there's a takeaway! Thank you.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 8, 2023 12:01

bv

I don't think they will rehearse for a month this summer, just to play 2-3 songs at Wembley.

I had the same thought, which then raised the question: how long do their rehearsals 'last'? Wembley would be end of June and would their rehearsals 'last' (be sufficient) until a tour in fall?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 8, 2023 12:08

Irix
CaptainCorella
ProfessorWolf

12 12 12, the concert for new york, the original live aid (though separately)

plus tons of of other charity/benefit shows solo as well

Live Aid was in 1985, so how could something in 2012 be described as the original of it?

He meant the participation of the Stones at other benefit concerts before - [iorr.org] . His examples were 121212 and the (original) 1985 Live Aid were Mick Jagger and Keith Richards/Ronnie Wood played separately.

It was also rumoured that the Stones would take part at the Live 8 event in 2008 - according to Bob Geldof, he initially had a commitment from them, but due to disagreements within the band they cancelled.

what i meant was three different shows the 121212 show for hurricane sandy relief in 2012, the concert for new york after 9/11 in 2001, and the original live aid in 1985

Re: The SUN: "Live Aid-style benefit" for Ukraine at Wembley Stadium?
Date: March 8, 2023 12:45

121212 was a great event, and The Rolling Stones had been rehearsing through that fall of 2012 in Paris ahead of that event. Their performance was not great, but having them there was great.

SarsStock was very very special, like Keith said - "We are all here for weird reasons". They went to Toronto Canada in the middle of their summer tour in Europe 2003, like me, they were completely tired, jet lagged and it was not a great show, but they were there, in support of the city of Toronto.

There have been other charity appearances, not by The Rolling Stones, but by their band members. A guest spot does not take up a lot of rehearsals or energy, just a bit of sound check on show day may be, like Bob Dylan first appearance with the Stones on stage while they did Like A Rolling Stone in Buenos Aires 1998, not rehearsed well, but still a guest spot people talked about. It was still Bob Dylan with The Stones...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 8, 2023 13:48

bv
121212 was a great event, and The Rolling Stones had been rehearsing through that fall of 2012 in Paris ahead of that event. Their performance was not great, but having them there was great.

SarsStock was very very special, like Keith said - "We are all here for weird reasons". They went to Toronto Canada in the middle of their summer tour in Europe 2003, like me, they were completely tired, jet lagged and it was not a great show, but they were there, in support of the city of Toronto.

There have been other charity appearances, not by The Rolling Stones, but by their band members. A guest spot does not take up a lot of rehearsals or energy, just a bit of sound check on show day may be, like Bob Dylan first appearance with the Stones on stage while they did Like A Rolling Stone in Buenos Aires 1998, not rehearsed well, but still a guest spot people talked about. It was still Bob Dylan with The Stones...

Sorry, I had to highlight some of the above for posterity; BV being 'critical'! winking smiley

Date: March 8, 2023 14:41

Oh yeah, that's right!

Date: March 8, 2023 15:01

The Rolling Stones are best when they do normal shows with normal fans. You can't just dump them into an unusual environment and expect some sort of "Freddy Mercury at Live Aid" sort of magic. Sure there are differences in performances.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 8, 2023 15:21

Hehe... One could imagine what their performance had been like in Live Aid.. No gigs for three years, Charlie's condition whatever it was like at the time, DIRTY WORK sessions been not the most coherent ones, not much band unity... Well, probably Keith and Ronnie's performance might give a little glimpse of that...

- Doxa

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 8, 2023 15:30

bv
The Rolling Stones are best when they do normal shows with normal fans. You can't just dump them into an unusual environment and expect some sort of "Freddy Mercury at Live Aid" sort of magic. Sure there are differences in performances.

True...though thy did kick some very decent ass at Glastonbury grinning smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 8, 2023 17:01

bv
I just wonder about the "trust rate" of The SUN - a tabloid newspaper which used to have topless female glamour models on page three.

While The Sun is certainly not The Times, they were the first to report on Charlie's pulling out of the 2021 US tour.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Date: March 8, 2023 17:22

bye bye johnny
bv
I just wonder about the "trust rate" of The SUN - a tabloid newspaper which used to have topless female glamour models on page three.

While The Sun is certainly not The Times, they were the first to report on Charlie's pulling out of the 2021 US tour.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

I have a soft-spot for The Sun. I wouldn't read it today, though it was the first paper I started reading, aged 15. I especially liked page 3 >grinning smiley<

Date: March 8, 2023 17:29

bye bye johnny
bv

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Surely. And without their eager investigation our knowledge of, say, Mick's love life would be pretty limited.

- Doxa

Date: March 8, 2023 17:34

Doxa
bye bye johnny
bv

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Surely. And without their eager investigation our knowledge of, say, Mick's love life would be pretty limited.

- Doxa

Exactly! We all love a bit of gossip, after all. Some of it's quite amusing, especially when concerning our favourite geriatric rockers.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 8, 2023 18:19

bv

There have been other charity appearances, not by The Rolling Stones,

Love how Charlie went viral after this last "performance" with all four members.
smileys with beer

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 8, 2023 19:49

Ukraine Ambassador to the UK Vadym Prystaiko talks about "Lviv Aid" on Sky News:

"We're reaching out to the many A Class artists. We will see."

[twitter.com]

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 8, 2023 21:17

Oh wow, after reading the comment from the Ukraine Ambassador above I'm aching to say something. But I'll respect the no politics rule.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 8, 2023 22:16

“Lviv Aid” would be a great name for such an event.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 8, 2023 22:51

bye bye johnny
Ukraine Ambassador to the UK Vadym Prystaiko talks about "Lviv Aid" on Sky News:

"if they don't say "yes" we put them on the "Myrotvorets" list, blyiat!"

Date: March 8, 2023 23:28

bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

Okay, there are actually some real plans. No smoke without fire, as they say. Great.

Let's see how this will turn out, who will perform and so on (and especially if They, or some of them, will be involved).

- Doxa

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 9, 2023 08:59

Father Ted
They should not be co-opted into take sides in a war. They are a band, not a propaganda outfit. Imagine Russia doing this with their bands, it would be correctly denoounced as cheap propaganda.

They already did show support die the Ukraine during every gig on the last European Tour by showing the Ukraine flag and scenes from bombed houses during Gimme Shelter.

Posted by: GeirGG ()
Date: March 9, 2023 10:29

I just wonder what Russian bands he is refering to here?

Date: March 9, 2023 10:34

<They should not be co-opted into take sides in a war>

How is raising money for civilian war victims «taking sides»? Had it been civilian victims on both sides I could have understood your stance, but it's not.

Date: March 9, 2023 11:32

Please do not post political statements here. They will all be deleted.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-09 13:00 by bv.

Posted by: dierdz ()
Date: March 9, 2023 12:59

Hey folks,

How do the shows usually work in these cases? I recently lived in Europe and never saw such a festival. Will they have a full performance or do they usually play only a few songs?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1725
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home