Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: OT: Overpriced concert tickets
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 24, 2024 14:14

@RisingStone: I think PJ used some dynamic pricing to some extent even before? A couple of years back?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-24 14:16 by Topi.

Date: February 24, 2024 14:24

The Stones Vegas show has 4 “resale” tickets in section 115 about half way up going for $100,000 each. (That’s not a typo) The fees for 2 tix add another $38,000.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 24, 2024 15:01

Topi
@RisingStone: I think PJ used some dynamic pricing to some extent even before? A couple of years back?

I don't know about that. Last time I saw them I think was 2016 at the baseball stadium. This time they seem to be following the Cure (& Neil Young). You can't transfer tickets unless you use the Ticketmaster face value resale feature. Also, in Seattle, all the tickets for 2 shows went to either fan club members or registered buyers. The system seemed to be working pretty well this time. Albeit in an expensive manner. Those guys are all hitting their 60s now. One has to wonder how much longer it's going to last. They aren't the Stones!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 24, 2024 15:05

The grass ticket I got for Pearl Jam (Indiana) was $81. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Date: February 24, 2024 15:52

I looked it up and there was some outrage about Platinum tickets for Pearl Jam on the 2022 tour as well:

[www.ticketnews.com]

In 2023, PJ reportedly limited the dynamic pricing to 10% of the tickets.

[www.yahoo.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 24, 2024 17:55

NashvilleBlues
The grass ticket I got for Pearl Jam (Indiana) was $81. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

The new song is really good.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 24, 2024 18:45

makemeburnthecandle
The Stones Vegas show has 4 “resale” tickets in section 115 about half way up going for $100,000 each. (That’s not a typo) The fees for 2 tix add another $38,000.

They are not really for sale. If someone was stupid enough to pay that price, the sellers will go buy another pair. Shoot if someone said to me I would buy your tickets for $100,000 I would say Venmo me the money and they are yours. I would buy better seats. If you look on the secondary market there are always seats like that. The real issue is what the get-in price is. That keeps rising but then it is a business and supple and demand dynamics.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: February 24, 2024 18:58

Topi

Topi
I looked it up and there was some outrage about Platinum tickets for Pearl Jam on the 2022 tour as well:

[www.ticketnews.com]

In 2023, PJ reportedly limited the dynamic pricing to 10% of the tickets.

[www.yahoo.com]

I didn’t know there was already a ticket price fiasco surrounding PJ two years ago TBHWY. And that was even some time before the BS bxxlsxxt — as I see it, many people started to be fully aware of the existence of the blxxdy Dynamic Pricing (or “Official Platinum tickets” according to Ticketbastard) then.

I saw PJ at BST Hyde Park 2022, the first of the two consecutive dates. I bought a Ten Club ticket that allowed me to enter the Golden Circle on Twickets at face value £79 + Twickets fee £10.50, i.e. £89.50 in total. Quite a reasonable price.

There is another debate going on on the efestivals website (on the “Stadium Ticket Pricing” thread. Regarding PJ, see p.14 onwards: [www.efestivals.co.uk]).

Date: February 24, 2024 21:20

crholmstrom
NashvilleBlues

The new song is really good.

I like it. Excited about the new (Andrew Watt produced) album. Word is that it rocks harder than recent PJ releases.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: February 24, 2024 21:31

Pj (my 2nd favourite band) have severely overpriced euro dates with US style pricing
Manchester - £160 for every ticket in the arena (understandably still plenty of tickets left in the upper tier a day after sale)
London - Tottenham stadium 125-160, on the same weekend green day already sold out Wembley and its glasto weekend. Many thousands of tickets left one day in, when they shifted 120,000 for Hyde park 2 years ago at reasonable prices.
Similar story in Barcelona, Berlin (the latter hastily reduced second tier tickets by 50 euros, 8 hours after going on sale)

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: February 24, 2024 21:32

Btw at the more reasonable end of the scale green day - scored ga for Milan at 60 euros a ticket

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: February 24, 2024 22:09

yorkshirestone
Btw at the more reasonable end of the scale green day - scored ga for Milan at 60 euros a ticket

Cheapest still available for Green Day at Chicago's Wrigley Field this August is $144. Way up high, but that's where I sit and don't care: easy access to concessions, bathroom, and second-hand pot smoke for this old fart.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 25, 2024 06:15

I don't expect to pay $50 dollars but the recent surge is ridiculous. There are many fans who cannot attend and I think it;s a shame

Date: February 25, 2024 07:13

RisingStone

I didn’t know there was already a ticket price fiasco surrounding PJ two years ago TBHWY. And that was even some time before the BS bxxlsxxt — as I see it, many people started to be fully aware of the existence of the blxxdy Dynamic Pricing (or “Official Platinum tickets” according to Ticketbastard) then.

Yes, in fact, Springsteen already used Platinum pricing as early as 2016 (the US stadium leg of The River tour). It just wasn't talked about as much. And the price hike back then wasn't as crazy.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: February 25, 2024 11:55

I was just reading an old Rolling Stone’ article from the 1975 tour, where The Stones are heavily criticized for high ticket prices: 10 dollars each. One could argue that they have always been accused of high prices, but always sell out etc. However, 10 dollars in 1975 equals 60 dollars in 2024. Ticket prices of 600 dollars in 2024, would be 100 dollars in 1975. In other words: The prices are practically ten times more expensive now than in 1975.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 25, 2024 13:22

slewan
don't tell me about overpriced tickets – I live in Germany where tickets are even more overpriced than nearly anywhere else. If one lives in Germany it makes sense to travel abroad to see you favorite artist and save some 30% (or even more) on the tickets. For example: Last year I saw Clapton in Amsterdam for some 100 Euros (GA) while reserved seating in the front blocks was some 200 Euros in Germany)

But was it 100 euros to travel to, live in, and stay in Amsterdam?

Rod

Date: February 25, 2024 17:18

The Worst.
I was just reading an old Rolling Stone’ article from the 1975 tour, where The Stones are heavily criticized for high ticket prices: 10 dollars each. One could argue that they have always been accused of high prices, but always sell out etc. However, 10 dollars in 1975 equals 60 dollars in 2024. Ticket prices of 600 dollars in 2024, would be 100 dollars in 1975. In other words: The prices are practically ten times more expensive now than in 1975.

Great way to put the prices in perspective.

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: February 25, 2024 22:40

yorkshirestone

Cheapest still available for Green Day at Chicago's Wrigley Field this August is $144. Way up high, but that's where I sit and don't care: easy access to concessions, bathroom, and second-hand pot smoke for this old fart.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2187
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home