Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Ticketmaster complaints and questions
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: April 1, 2023 02:00

georgemcdonnell314
This is pretty interesting. I wonder if others will follow:

The post Robert Smith Says The Cure Have Canceled 7,000 Scalped Tickets to Their Upcoming Tour appeared first on Consequence.

Robert Smith’s efforts to go after scalpers have resulted in the cancelation of 7,000 tickets to The Cure’s upcoming North American tour.

As part of the on-sale process for the tour, Smith opted out of Ticketmaster’s “platinum” and “dynamically priced” ticket options, and restricted ticket transfers in markets where he was legally allowed to do so (New York, Illinois, and Colorado have all enacted legislation protecting resellers).

As a result, according to Smith, “Approx 7k tickets across approx 2200 orders have been cancelled. These are tickets acquired with fake accounts / listed on secondary resale sites.”

See here:

[www.yahoo.com]

Quotes from the readers’ comments posted to the yahoo!entertainment article —

“I commend Robert for doing this. No excuse for all these other bigger acts not to.”

“YES!!! Love the Cure and Robert is still the man of the common people. Great move”

“Good job! Why can't the multi-bazillionaire pop stars do this?”

“Who else, anywhere in the mainstream entertainment business, has shown even a fraction of the concern and effort for the ordinary fan? Best of all, he's the anti-Springsteen!”

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 1, 2023 03:12

georgemcdonnell314
This is pretty interesting. I wonder if others will follow:

Probably not, Not everyone can micromanage every ticket sale.

But ticket cancelations in the internet era are somewhat common, but it's often smaller venues flagging out of area ticket sales.

There is a risk to this like

What if you cancel thousands of tickets and end up with ... thousands of unsold tickets.

The post Robert Smith Says The Cure Have Canceled 7,000 Scalped Tickets to Their Upcoming Tour appeared first on Consequence.

Robert Smith’s efforts to go after scalpers have resulted in the cancelation of 7,000 tickets to The Cure’s upcoming North American tour.

As part of the on-sale process for the tour, Smith opted out of Ticketmaster’s “platinum” and “dynamically priced” ticket options, and restricted ticket transfers in markets where he was legally allowed to do so (New York, Illinois, and Colorado have all enacted legislation protecting resellers).

As a result, according to Smith, “Approx 7k tickets across approx 2200 orders have been cancelled. These are tickets acquired with fake accounts / listed on secondary resale sites.”

See here:

[www.yahoo.com]

And legit buyers are also having their tickets canceled too. It's a sloppy algorithm TM wrote, like their "verified fan," it's not like he's psychic. You can't see seat numbers on most secondary sites.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-01 03:14 by Dan.

Re: OT: Ticketmaster
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 23, 2023 10:33

I have never bought a re-sold ticket via TM and I am looking for a ticket for a sokld-out Sting concert. Right now the TM offers re-sold tickets.

I guess those are e-tickets, so my question is - when I buy this re-sold e-ticket via Ticket Master, will the TM disable the original barcode and issue a new barcode for me, or will I simply a get the same ticket the original buyer bought with possibly even his/her name printed on it?

Am I sure that I am buying a unique ticket and not somenhing someone has alredy sold before or will sell again? Thanks for your advices.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: April 23, 2023 11:03

TM will disable the original barcode and you will get a new valid one.

Posted by: kennywilson58 ()
Date: April 23, 2023 12:37

Hi there
Me too looking to sell my Springsteen etickets
for Murrayfield Stadium Edinburgh 30th may 2 seats together section W28 good seats in west stand and they still haven't put the tickets up on my orders well the actuall tickets and they charged £14 for admin fees they are quick to take the money up front from thousands of fans but they always wait to to the last minute to send tickets out and the etickets no idea when that will come thru got the tickets thru O2 priority presale so better price than 2 days later which was crazy prices £400 to £500 for inferior seats to ours cheers IORR

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 23, 2023 15:51

ErwinH

Thank you!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 23, 2023 20:53

Happy24
ErwinH

Thank you!

Thanks Erwin. I did notice though that the name of the original purchaser is on my ticket.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 25, 2023 21:35

Pearl Jam back at it as well..

tickmaster pearl jam all in pricing

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 25, 2023 22:09

Pearl Jam is doing a 9-show tour......

If a 14-show tour is a mini-tour, what - pray tell - is a 9-show tour called???

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 25, 2023 22:09

snoopy2

Clearly showing again (like The Cure, etc...) it CAN be done IF the artists care.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 25, 2023 23:07

VoodooLounge13

No idea, but this has to mean Eddie Vedder is a guest on that new, I mean old, Stones album that gets released in 2026.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-26 07:25 by Topi.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 26, 2023 00:46

Topi
VoodooLounge13

No idea, but this has to mean Eddie Vedder is a quest on that new, I mean old, Stones album that gets released in 2026.

hot smiley

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 26, 2023 01:18

VoodooLounge13

I just assumed they would announce more dates. If it is a 9 date tour, it sounds like an escape from the studio tour. It’s been 10 years since I caught them last, I’m due a PJ gig. It’s also 30 years since I saw the first one, so it’d be nice to mark the anniversary!

Date: April 26, 2023 02:23

NashvilleBlues
snoopy2

Clearly showing again (like The Cure, etc...) it CAN be done IF the artists care.

I certainly welcome a new paradigm.. but then again the more things change the more they stay the same

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 26, 2023 02:37

NashvilleBlues
snoopy2

"The band is also limiting dynamic pricing (in which tickets hike in price based on demand) to just 10% of tickets"

If anything positive came out of the recent Springsteen scandal, it's that more bands will think twice before ripping off the fans with the dynamic pricing.

Posted by: Dalgtor ()
Date: April 26, 2023 04:51

I went to see Springsteen in Buffalo a few weeks ago. I got a pair in the section right behind the floor, 9th row, dead centre.

When we got there, there was a block of thick cables running from the soundboard, up to the ceiling, completely blocking our perfect view of the stage, and blocking Bruce.

Luckily there were a few empty seats in the row in front of us which gave us a clear view of the stage.

I did send Ticketmaster a note though, stating that while they might now have known, the seats were indeed, Obstructed View.

I got an email back saying they couldn't do anything about it, and not to respond to the email as it was not being monitored... Hilarious. Customer service...

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 26, 2023 14:55

Dalgtor
…I did send Ticketmaster a note though, stating that while they might now have known, the seats were indeed, Obstructed View.

I got an email back saying they couldn't do anything about it, and not to respond to the email as it was not being monitored... Hilarious. Customer service...

I had a similar situation in Columbus in 2015 - seats were side stands adjacent to stage, should have been a great view. When setting up the stage, they moved the whole thing forward about 15 feet with the result that the seats were looking straight across the front 10 feet of stage, speakers and stage structures blocked the view of everything except if Mick, Keith or Ronnie were on that front strip of the stage. Should have been sold as crappy obstructed view seats, not top price seats. When home, I called TM and they said it was the promoter / concert organizer who changed the configuration and directed me to them. After considerable badgering over 2-3 months I was able to get TM to refund their service charge and the promoter refunded full cost of the seats. It was a lot of work so strap in if you decide to take them on.

(Great view of the speakers though.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-26 14:55 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: Dalgtor ()
Date: April 26, 2023 18:23

Great to know, and good for you for taking them on!

Date: June 16, 2023 05:39

For those who are interested..

TM Live Nation to show fees

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: June 16, 2023 09:33

For quite awhile on the Ticketmaster / Live Nation seat selection page there was a filter option to display the ticket prices with fees included before you put anything in your cart. There was still an annoying credit-card processing fee that sometimes showed up at checkout but you could see most of the all-in price.
In the last month or so when I’ve bought tickets that all-in option had disappeared. It sounds like it will come back.

Ticketmaster segment on TV tonite
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 2, 2023 01:50

CBC Marketplace (TV show) at 8 pm ET - ‘A Montreal lawyer discusses taking on the fight against Ticketmaster in its handling of concert ticket sales.’ Not sure about streaming out of country. Good timing - he shares our pain.

Re: Ticketmaster segment on TV tonite
Posted by: syrel ()
Date: December 2, 2023 09:42

Available on youtube
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-02 09:44 by syrel.

TICKETS REFUSED AT GATE..............
Posted by: stonesurvive ()
Date: March 13, 2024 04:48

................caught this on the local (Boston area) news the other day. Two venues on the Noah Kahan tour are not accepting secondary market tickets (reconfused smileytubhub). Apparently TM has something to do with this (no surprise). The cat is kind of out of the bag.I don't think TM or the venues can enforce this.

.........I CAN tell you that no politicians are going to vote on any restrictions against TM.

...............thoughts and updates appreciated!

Re: TICKETS REFUSED AT GATE..............
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 13, 2024 05:17

They want you to buy from the TM secondary account. TM may own the venues, they produce the show. Well, actually Live Nation who owns TM.

Re: TICKETS REFUSED AT GATE..............
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 13, 2024 05:33

Nonstory (re: Noah Kahan upthread):

New England woman warns of where you buy hottest ticket of 2024

[www.msn.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-13 21:42 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 13, 2024 21:24

Just a PSA regarding Ticketbastard. Put 2 factor authentication on your accounts. A friend of mine was on the subway in January when he got alerts he has transferred all his NJ Stones tickets. After 2 months of customer service hell and threats for Amex chargebacks he lost his tickets but was refunded the money. Now he needs to find tickets. Ticketmaster was no help even though this all happened within their platform. He is now looking for tickets but will wait til closer to the show time to find replacements.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 16, 2024 16:03

VoodooLounge13

A micro-tour

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 23, 2024 11:52

It would appear that Ticketmaster has removed the option to filter out "Official Platinum" tickets when you do a search. So now the Platinums come up under "Standard" tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-23 11:54 by Topi.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 23, 2024 14:59

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

A micro-tour

Sadly we can't ask Hairball for that

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 24, 2024 05:38

hockenheim95
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

A micro-tour

Sadly we can't ask Hairball for that

I miss him.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2252
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home