Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Ticketmaster complaints and questions
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 24, 2024 19:56

Topi
It would appear that Ticketmaster has removed the option to filter out "Official Platinum" tickets when you do a search. So now the Platinums come up under "Standard" tickets.

From what I did see some of those Platinums have also come down in price, much closer to the already overpriced "regular" tickets!

OT - Ticketmaster / LiveNation Antitrust lawsuit
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 16, 2024 22:51

Seems that the US Department of Justice is preparing to file Antitrust charges against Live Nation, the parent company of TicketBastards. It flows from the Taylor Swift ticket fiasco, but anyone who walked over hot coals to get Stones tix can see the similarities…and cheer.

[www.theverge.com]

Re: OT - Ticketmaster / LiveNation Antitrust lawsuit
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 16, 2024 22:57

The only thing is there really isn't anything the government can do to get everyone who wanted a Taylor Swift ticket inside. This also won't make tickets cheaper. It might help smaller venues / ticketing companies but as almost always whoever writes the biggest checks will get the acts in their building.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 16, 2024 23:02

Yeah, I've sadly just resigned to the fact that nothing with TM/Livenation is ever gonna change. The whole ticket system is screwed up too far and deep that I can't imagine anything of actual consequence making it better. Its super sad, but IMO its always been a hand in hand problems that corporations but also fans created. I guess everyone is allowed to spend whatever they want on tickets, its their money, but TM tried out new methods and people took it hook line and sinker. People could have voted with their wallets, and they didn't want to. They wanted to see their shows. So we get what we have now, everything being overpriced and steeped in so much corporate BS. The artists completely played into it too. Its fun to blame TM and their horrid ways, but they're far from the only scapegoats if we're all being honest.

Its really sad but I'm really happy I saw everyone I wanted to so that I don't have to deal with it very much these days. I don't look forward to when I have kids and they want to see whoever the Taylor Swift of that time is.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 16, 2024 23:10

Supply and demand. Too bad we won't band together and boycott overpriced shows. That could swing the pendulum the other way. Won't happen though, so we get what we deserve.

The unethical tricks of holding back blocks of tickets till way after tickets go on sale, however, isn't our fault, and should be addressed. Creating false scarcity is unethical.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-16 23:13 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 16, 2024 23:47

NashvilleBlues
Supply and demand. Too bad we won't band together and boycott overpriced shows. That could swing the pendulum the other way. Won't happen though, so we get what we deserve.

The unethical tricks of holding back blocks of tickets till way after tickets go on sale, however, isn't our fault, and should be addressed. Creating false scarcity is unethical.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: April 17, 2024 01:27

wow

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 17, 2024 17:06

They’ve got me. Ticketmaster. I can only sell my tickets on their site if I have a US debit card or bank account for the funds to go into. Was not aware of that. Ash well.

I’ve reached out to a cpl of acquaintances…not close friends… in NYC to see if either of them would be happy getting the monies from sale of my tickets and then somehow get $s to me. That was not a twist in sale process I expected.

But main thing is to get the wife her medical care.

Rod

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 17, 2024 18:07

bitusa2012
They’ve got me. Ticketmaster. I can only sell my tickets on their site if I have a US debit card or bank account for the funds to go into. Was not aware of that. Ash well.

I’ve reached out to a cpl of acquaintances…not close friends… in NYC to see if either of them would be happy getting the monies from sale of my tickets and then somehow get $s to me. That was not a twist in sale process I expected.

Well that blows.. Are you saying you are able to transfer your tickets to someone in the U.S. and they sell? Having lost money with TM more than once I hope this works out for you -- And that all goes well with the wife!

Date: April 17, 2024 18:47

snoopy2
bitusa2012

Well that blows.. Are you saying you are able to transfer your tickets to someone in the U.S. and they sell? Having lost money with TM more than once I hope this works out for you -- And that all goes well with the wife!

They are known as Ticketbastards for a reason that is well-earned.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 17, 2024 19:08

When I get as far as typing “Ticke” my iPad now automatically suggests TicketBastards.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 18, 2024 03:23

snoopy2
bitusa2012

No. I sell them but I have to nominate a US debit Card or bank account for the monies to go into. I argued with them that they accept an international credit card to purchase the tickets, so why not refund to that card? Just a flat NO.

Rod

Date: April 18, 2024 08:16

SomeTorontoGirl
When I get as far as typing “Ticke” my iPad now automatically suggests TicketBastards.

thank you for that late night LOL moment.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 18, 2024 10:45

bitusa2012
snoopy2
bitusa2012

No. I sell them but I have to nominate a US debit Card or bank account for the monies to go into. I argued with them that they accept an international credit card to purchase the tickets, so why not refund to that card? Just a flat NO.

That is so weird.

Another Ticketmaster "feature" apparently is that you can not use Ticketmaster's own resale feature to resell a ticket that has been transferred to you via the Ticket Transfer option on TM.

At least that's what happened with a ticket I bought for my friend for Bruce Springsteen's show in Bergen, Norway. I bought it and then used the transfer feature to move the ticket over to her TM account.

Now she can no longer go and wanted to list the ticket via Ticketmaster Resale. TM said she couldn't.

All's well that ends well, though, she just listed it via the Backstreet Ticket Exchange forum. It only took her a couple of days to sell it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-18 10:49 by Topi.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home