Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Ticketmaster complaints and questions
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 17, 2022 19:13

If it’s not cool to post a TM thread I understand and will expect to see it removed.. But until then:

I suppose I should be glad to see members of congress calling out TM because of the recent Taylor Swift ticketing complaints, BUT where was congress during all those Stones’ tours? I suspect that the congress members who are calling them out are Swift fans otherwise it would still be a non-issue.

Still, I for one am glad to see some heat being brought, even if it’s all posturing at the end of the day.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-10 19:24 by bv.

Re: OT: Ticketmaster
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 17, 2022 19:19

TM/LiveNation are a monopoly. It's gross. They're too big to fail. Maybe we'll get $2 vouchers, if anything.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 17, 2022 19:31

NashvilleBlues
TM/LiveNation are a monopoly. It's gross. They're too big to fail. Maybe we'll get $2 vouchers, if anything.

Yes but since they made the news again you never know if it’ll catch fire.. Was it you who said you paid $90 for 2 $26 LDs? I mean, come on with the fee upon fees already

Date: November 17, 2022 19:39

snoopy2
NashvilleBlues

Yes but since they made the news again you never know if it’ll catch fire.. Was it you who said you paid $90 for 2 $26 LDs? I mean, come on with the fee upon fees already

Yep. $26 turns into $45 quickly on TM. Once I bought an Allman Bros ticket in 2003. Face value $10.59 (105.9 radio station promo) and ended up paying almost $20. That's over 80% in fees.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: November 17, 2022 20:40

Ticket bastard winking smiley

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: November 17, 2022 23:18

Yawnyawning smiley

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 17, 2022 23:37

snoopy2
If it’s not cool to post a TM thread I understand and will expect to see it removed.. But until then:

I suppose I should be glad to see members of congress calling out TM because of the recent Taylor Swift ticketing complaints, BUT where was congress during all those Stones’ tours? I suspect that the congress members who are calling them out are Swift fans otherwise it would still be a non-issue.

Still, I for one am glad to see some heat being brought, even if it’s all posturing at the end of the day.

So should Congress force Taylor Swift to play more dates, take a pay cut or what?

Guess AOC isn't a Stones fan.

And there is no heat. The people complaining the most wouldn't go for free.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: November 18, 2022 00:33

who?

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 18, 2022 04:02

NashvilleBlues
snoopy2
NashvilleBlues

Yep. $26 turns into $45 quickly on TM. Once I bought an Allman Bros ticket in 2003. Face value $10.59 (105.9 radio station promo) and ended up paying almost $20. That's over 80% in fees.

Yeah, I remember when Pearl Jam toured and kept all tickets at $22 or something and with all the add-ons came to like $33!

I almost passed but figured they tried...so went anyway. Had fees I've never seen before, basically should've called it the "TM not making enough money at these prices" fee.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 18, 2022 05:52

snoopy2

The Rolling Stones have an automatic audience of 1.5 million in the US, give or take a few hundred thousand that pay, period.

Not a big deal. Like reading a newspaper.

Taylor Swift? Does it matter? Watch her 50 something tour dates bounce up to 80.

Stubhub? LOL. Good luck. She already has "her" money. If half the people for a venue show up it's still a sell out - and the Stubhubbers get screwed for not selling their purchased tickets for 18 times or whatever over the market value.

Talor Swift etc laugh, Stubhubbers are stiffed big time.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 18, 2022 07:14

I don't remember the last time I bought tickets through Ticketmaster. I attend the Hollywood Bowl in summer and go directly to the box office. I haven't gone to major concerts except for that venue in years. When I did I would go to the box office the night of the concert and get excellent seats. Very few concerts actually sell out, especially stadium gigs. Or tickets are released the night of the concert from the band itself. (And yes, I've gotten actual Stones' tickets before).

If I have to worry about a date I'm with, or other people, I'll still go to the box office ahead of time.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 18, 2022 09:51

To Taylor's credit though, she didn't use Dynamic Pricing/Platinum tickets, it would appear. However, her face value prices were really high and there were a number of VIP categories.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-18 10:31 by Topi.

Date: November 18, 2022 10:32

GasLightStreet
snoopy2

The Rolling Stones have an automatic audience of 1.5 million in the US, give or take a few hundred thousand that pay, period.

Not a big deal. Like reading a newspaper.

Taylor Swift? Does it matter? Watch her 50 something tour dates bounce up to 80.

Stubhub? LOL. Good luck. She already has "her" money. If half the people for a venue show up it's still a sell out - and the Stubhubbers get screwed for not selling their purchased tickets for 18 times or whatever over the market value.

Talor Swift etc laugh, Stubhubbers are stiffed big time.

Yeah the last tour was a bust for a lot of brokers so why would Ticketmaster want to stop them from buying more.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 18, 2022 10:33

Topi
To Taylor's credit though, she didn't use Dynamic Pricing/Platinum tickets, it would appear. However, her face value prices were really high and there were a number of VIP categories.

Then why are people complaining? Here in Germany peopel are complaining if they can't get tickets to Rammsterin because they sell out so fast. I don't get that point because if there's such a high demand for tickets not everyone can get tickets. That's simple math. Why complain that you were not able to get tickets?

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: November 18, 2022 10:49

It seems people are complaining because the website itself crashed. Before that happened, people had tickets in their shopping cart, lost them, and were sent back to the beginning of the process, ultimately coming up empty handed.

Date: November 18, 2022 10:49

hockenheim95
Topi

Then why are people complaining? Here in Germany peopel are complaining if they can't get tickets to Rammsterin because they sell out so fast. I don't get that point because if there's such a high demand for tickets not everyone can get tickets. That's simple math. Why complain that you were not able to get tickets?

Here it's not even the people who didn't get tickets who are complaining but people who never had any intention of going. smiling smiley

I actually had someone show up at my door asking about tickets, His daughter had the code but couldn't get tickets and was flipping out. The thing is the dude is a total concert pro too. So, pick a weeknight show in the middle of the run and take her down there and get her a ticket.

Date: November 18, 2022 11:17

Another thing to Taylor's credit: Ticketmaster resale is not enabled for her shows.

It looks like they tried to limit the site overload/demand by using Verified Fan but that still failed.

The demand caused the entire TM site to crash momentarily.

One comment on FB:

"She would have to play 900 stadium shows to meet the demand.

Most fans will be shut out. Good problem to have though."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-18 11:37 by Topi.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 18, 2022 16:33

shawnriffhard1
It seems people are complaining because the website itself crashed. Before that happened, people had tickets in their shopping cart, lost them, and were sent back to the beginning of the process, ultimately coming up empty handed.

Yeah, that, and then being in the 'waiting room' queue and being tossed out.

And then the presales taking all the tickets and the public sales being cancelled. I thought TM had a method to avoid that like only making certain tickets available at each point in time.

Date: November 18, 2022 17:04

kovach
shawnriffhard1

Yeah, that, and then being in the 'waiting room' queue and being tossed out.

And then the presales taking all the tickets and the public sales being cancelled. I thought TM had a method to avoid that like only making certain tickets available at each point in time.

This is also absolutely false. I have seen plenty of presales where pretty much the whole house is open. They just don't all sell right away. And as I have pointed out there are other tours where there were no tickets for the general sale. It's just that those fans don't have the same media access so there are no news reports to point to. Doesn't mean it never happened though.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: November 18, 2022 17:07

Good morning
Didn't we discuss
Ticketmaster force you to the 2nd market at higher $$$

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: November 18, 2022 17:29

It will be interesting to see if this goes anywhere. Leave it to the "Swifties" to get pissed off enough to call attention to long standing issues with Ticketmaster.

Ticketmaster Faces Multiple Government Inquiries After Bungling Taylor Swift Presale

[www.vulture.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-18 18:48 by Sighunt.

Date: November 18, 2022 17:30

most shocking thing here is why Taylor Swift is so popular. Am I missing something?

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 18, 2022 18:32

How would you suggest artists sell their tickets more competitively? By definition, they are a single seller.

Complain about the fees if you want, but we are talking about a fixed number of dates with a fixed number of seats available. It's not like you can mass-produce concert tickets.

Date: November 18, 2022 18:46

Jeter1984
How would you suggest artists sell their tickets more competitively? By definition, they are a single seller.

Complain about the fees if you want, but we are talking about a fixed number of dates with a fixed number of seats available. It's not like you can mass-produce concert tickets.

Not a tech guy, so, admittedly, I don't know how it'd work, but the hope is that a multi-billion dollar monster would have a reliable site that wouldn't crash/lock-up/glitch-out during a big sale. They were unprepared and look very incompetent and weak. And, it leaves a bad taste in people's mouths when there is only a pre-sale (which some applied for a code and didn't get one) and the general online sale ends up being cancelled. It's a mess and not a good look for a company with questionable practices to begin with.

Date: November 18, 2022 19:07

Jeter1984

Yeah, this mess has nothing to do with the monopoly issue.

And even more server space, etc, there are still going to be millions shut out.

Now the old dropdown, search by best available and no tickets found like it used to be would still frustrating but not quite as infuriating as trying for hours and still getting shut out. Personally though the interactive map has it's benefits I definitely prefer the old system for the initial onsale.

Date: November 18, 2022 19:16

PaintMonkeyManBlack
most shocking thing here is why Taylor Swift is so popular. Am I missing something?

Yes. smiling smiley

[www.billboard.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-18 19:18 by Topi.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 18, 2022 19:31

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: November 18, 2022 19:38

I think we all understand supply and demand but when the only people who were eligible to try for tickets are those few lucky ones that get randomly selected as a Verified Fan, it's not a fair game. Ticketmaster issues Verified Fan access codes and knew exactly how many codes were issued. Their infrastructure couldn't handle the amount of users they pre-set! That's unacceptable. The monopoly issue comes in to play when you have no other avenue to access tickets at face value.

Immediately after tickets were available in the pre-sale, they were posted on reseller sites for upwards of $30,000 in some cases! That's insane.

The other blaring issue is the exorbitant fees and "convenience" charges that can add up to be more than 75% of the value of the ticket.

TicketBastard needs competition. Full stop.

Date: November 18, 2022 19:39

Like TM cares about bots! Hilarious. They don't care where the tickets go as long as they sell. And when they allow reselling on TM they collect fees at least twice on the same ticket (maybe three times: once during the original sale, once from the reseller and once from the resale buyer).

Date: November 18, 2022 19:40

Verified Fan is just a way to try to limit the overload. It's not a perfect system but without it it would have been even worse. In the end, I guess it's pretty random, and nothing to do with who's a real "fan" or not. All you need is an e-mail address and a phone number and you have a shot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-18 19:45 by Topi.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home