Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: This Year's Hall Of Fame Inductees
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 29, 2005 12:11

Free Bird - One HELL of a song. I simply love that one.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: November 29, 2005 12:19

Re: Miles... I must agree that his later "fusion" songbook including especially the Fillmore concert have an awesome "rockish" introduction...

But he's still a jazzman at the core. Would you put the Rolling Stones in the JAZZ Hall of Fame ?? If not, why put Miles in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ??

... and especially with bands the quality of the Moody Blues not inducted... really a farce.

Not to mention that inducting that incredible legendary rocker Herb Alpert... come on ! I mean I'm a major Herb Alpert fan but he's a POP Artist... unless they're putting him on for A&M records as a producer/record label.

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-29 12:22 by BornOnTheBayou.

Posted by: short&curlies ()
Date: November 29, 2005 15:48

Keep in mind at the AMA's last week 50 Cent was nominated in a Pop/Rock catagory! Maybe the Moody Blues can get in as Hip/Hop artists!!!

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: November 29, 2005 16:02

I thought the HOF was kind of a good concept. especially when they made a point to include old old artists who are being recognized for their long range influences. But I don't understand why artists like Skynnard, Blondie, Bob Seger should be in there. By that token Styx or Grand Funk should be inducted. Skynnard wrote few decent songs. The current lineup is ...whatever. Southern overweight guys with hats, beards and guitars. 90 % of their hits sound the same. Blondie did ONE very good new wave cutesy album.
Of this year's inductees I dig Sabbath. They deserve it on many levels. A band should be looked at on many levels.

Posted by: jigsawpuzzle ()
Date: November 29, 2005 19:18

Are the Kinks in yet?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 29, 2005 20:06

I just can't see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame WITHOUT guys like Iggy and Peter Wolf.

I'm hoping for the Stooges AND J. Geils to be inducted next year.

By the way, just think about how weird the ceremony ending jam session is going to be after this one! Ozzy, Blondie, Skynyrd...????

God Save the Queen !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-29 20:08 by Kurt.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: November 29, 2005 20:43

Stooges, J. Geils, Patti (on tour now) all should be in...and likely will be at some point...

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: November 29, 2005 21:07

New York Dolls?
Faces?
Patti Smith?

How did Blondie get in before Patti Smith?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1812
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home