Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...106107108109110111112113114115116...LastNext
Current Page: 111 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 18, 2023 12:43

If they really wanted to.. they could do a Sixty Europe leg 2 tour if American sites are not available.. a concert in Switzerland this time.. Denmark, Portugal, Norway.. France, Spain, Germany, England again, there's always a market. I'll just email this to the boys, to give them an idea.

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: April 18, 2023 14:51

NilsHolgersson
If they really wanted to.. they could do a Sixty Europe leg 2 tour if American sites are not available.. a concert in Switzerland this time.. Denmark, Portugal, Norway.. France, Spain, Germany, England again, there's always a market. I'll just email this to the boys, to give them an idea.

Definitely agree! smiling smiley Hope they will accept your wish! smiling bouncing smileythumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 18, 2023 15:37

Send It To me
ROPENI
My 2 cents, to me something is not right with the band, there is no way that a professional outfit like the Stones, had to cancel first the press conference of the tour cause they did not have all the logistics for the tour already set, and now the excuse is that they can't get the stadiums etc.
I think that there is probably a health issue with a member and due to that they have issues getting the tour insurance. I don't see them doing another large tour again, hope l am wrong...

Yeah. I mean, never in my life have I ever heard of any band ever not touring for reasons like this.

How many bands / tours do you follow?

[www.google.com]

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: April 18, 2023 15:39

NilsHolgersson

Their key crew personnel working with another band (AC/DC?) this Fall might be an obstacle... Still a few shows tied with release of new music/album in the end of the year (Think O2 London and NYC like 2012) would be great way to keep them in shape and ready for a few big shows next Spring/Summer...

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: April 18, 2023 15:50

MonicaDe
NilsHolgersson

Definitely agree! smiling smiley Hope they will accept your wish! smiling bouncing smileythumbs upsmileys with beer

I'm in! grinning smiley

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 18, 2023 17:26

Dan
Send It To me
ROPENI
My 2 cents, to me something is not right with the band, there is no way that a professional outfit like the Stones, had to cancel first the press conference of the tour cause they did not have all the logistics for the tour already set, and now the excuse is that they can't get the stadiums etc.
I think that there is probably a health issue with a member and due to that they have issues getting the tour insurance. I don't see them doing another large tour again, hope l am wrong...

Yeah. I mean, never in my life have I ever heard of any band ever not touring for reasons like this.

How many bands / tours do you follow?

[www.google.com]

hundreds of millions, all over the known universe

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: April 19, 2023 01:21

micha063
MonicaDe
NilsHolgersson

I'm in! grinning smiley

Cue the Daily Mail and 40x5 Tributo Bar posts stating that their will be Euro Sixty Leg 2 this fall.. you heard it here first folks winking smiley

Date: April 19, 2023 08:24

Ronnie tries to keep in shape. Today's Daily Express:

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 19, 2023 09:07

..... can ya flip over ta page 11 please .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Maya0104 ()
Date: April 19, 2023 09:09

BeastyBurdeny
micha063
MonicaDe
NilsHolgersson

I'm in! grinning smiley

Cue the Daily Mail and 40x5 Tributo Bar posts stating that their will be Euro Sixty Leg 2 this fall.. you heard it here first folks winking smiley

Anyone can comment on above? Europe SIXTY 2 leg????

Sounds unbelievable...

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 19, 2023 09:19

Maya0104
BeastyBurdeny
micha063
MonicaDe
NilsHolgersson

I'm in! grinning smiley

Anyone can comment on above? Europe SIXTY 2 leg????

Sounds unbelievable...

Last post from 40x5 tributo bar stating "USA 2023" 6 days ago. No newer posts on Facebook and Twitter so far. I don't know to what post Beasty is refering to.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 19, 2023 09:39

I think Beasty was joking.

Date: April 19, 2023 10:20

Rockman
..... can ya flip over ta page 11 please .......

www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11988149/Shirtless-Ronnie-Wood-75-hits-beach-Barcelona.html

Date: April 19, 2023 11:05

Cool, but that's not Chuck Leavell, is it?

Date: April 19, 2023 11:06

Thanks ....
kinda private stuff though aint it ....

Dont think thats Chuck Leavell though ....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 19, 2023 11:46

Topi

We really hope this is NOT a joke...

Date: April 19, 2023 11:55

Read again.

Date: April 19, 2023 13:12

Topi
Read again.

Read twice and outcome is the same -

"Cue the Daily Mail and 40x5 Tributo Bar posts stating that their will be Euro Sixty Leg 2 this fall.. you heard it here first folks"

Anything to add?...

Date: April 19, 2023 13:18

Yes, you forgot the wink emoji.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-19 13:20 by Topi.

Date: April 19, 2023 13:20

Hope to see them in 2024, but with multiple serious health issues of members the last 3 years it would not be smart to bet on it.

Glad I enjoyed every bit of 2022.

Time to once again share the best photo's of the best show of the 2022 tour (not mine), just enjoy:

[josefmassinger.smugmug.com]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 19, 2023 17:55

^ Agreed. Glad I got to capture four shows.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 19, 2023 18:18

MonicaDe
Topi

We really hope this is NOT a joke...

I can’t see it, so fast after saying fall tour is off then back to Europe. Like c,mon...

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: April 19, 2023 18:45

Rockman
Thanks ....
kinda private stuff though aint it ....

Dont think thats Chuck Leavell though ....

I hate these kinds of tabloids with unflattering photos of celebrities in their swimsuits, taken without their knowledge or consent. ESPECIALLY when it features their young children.

Rocky is right...That's not Chuck

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: April 19, 2023 19:43

Topi
Yes, you forgot the wink emoji.

Bang on. Was definitely a joke... I thought the wink made it obvious.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 19, 2023 22:53

With all the upfront investment in stage, video, effects, rehearsal, visas, entourage travel, legal work......and maybe most critical, sadly, insurance...an overseas 15-20 date tour has to be challenging. An illness or injury and a show or 2 or cancelled, or sales lagging (70,000 people in each of 30 US stadiums is not happening like in the 70s thru 1981. 42,000-45,000 more like it, if that) or premium ticket sales lag...and they lose loads of money. And the line 'the tour did not cover its cost but the new album is pushing 10 million sold' doesn't get to be used in consolation when record sales are so low and streaming revenue is likely very small compared to what their traditional record income was.

I hope they find their way to everywhere fans are and continue putting on great shows, but it is hard to not consider the business risk

Date: April 19, 2023 23:06

Yep right across thee world the $$$Dolls are tight ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: April 19, 2023 23:21

I'm just dreaming ... just thinking about ...

How about they do some little gigs with very low production levels? Like small shows in small venues with little equipment (guitar and 1 amp will do) and no extra light equipment or videos. Just for the fun of playing music...

AND: without any duty or pressing to play Stones songs. They just play music THEY like; like old R&B songs, some Blues, Folk, just anything. Maybe a Stones song here and there, but only if they like to do them. Call some local guest musicians, forget about all those big scale shows.

Just sitting on stools if they like, playing and singing... imagine this!

Ah, that's just a dream ... but a really, really nice one for me!

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-19 23:23 by waterrats.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 19, 2023 23:27

waterrats
I'm just dreaming ... just thinking about ...

How about they do some little gigs with very low production levels? Like small shows in small venues with little equipment (guitar and 1 amp will do) and no extra light equipment or videos. Just for the fun of playing music...

AND: without any duty or pressing to play Stones songs. They just play music THEY like; like old R&B songs, some Blues, Folk, just anything. Maybe a Stones song here and there, but only if they like to do them. Call some local guest musicians, forget about all those big scale shows.

Just sitting on stools if they like, playing and singing... imagine this!

Ah, that's just a dream ... but a really, really nice one for me!

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

definitely not Mick Jagger's dream…

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 20, 2023 03:23

child-of-the-moon
www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11988149/Shirtless-Ronnie-Wood-75-hits-beach-Barcelona.html

"... their kids were seen making sandcastles and running along the sand"

Now that's the kind of news the world was waiting for ...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 20, 2023 09:20

buffalo7478
With all the upfront investment in stage, video, effects, rehearsal, visas, entourage travel, legal work......and maybe most critical, sadly, insurance...an overseas 15-20 date tour has to be challenging. An illness or injury and a show or 2 or cancelled, or sales lagging (70,000 people in each of 30 US stadiums is not happening like in the 70s thru 1981. 42,000-45,000 more like it, if that) or premium ticket sales lag...and they lose loads of money. And the line 'the tour did not cover its cost but the new album is pushing 10 million sold' doesn't get to be used in consolation when record sales are so low and streaming revenue is likely very small compared to what their traditional record income was.

I hope they find their way to everywhere fans are and continue putting on great shows, but it is hard to not consider the business risk

If they opened up the stadium shows a bit more - 50-60,000 people...one could think, Mick says Yes to...

What if he said No?

Regarding streaming, yes, very little is made. It's turned into such a sham.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...106107108109110111112113114115116...LastNext
Current Page: 111 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1835
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home