Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 123
Re: So What's Next? 2023 rumours
Posted by: drocker ()
Date: August 2, 2022 01:02

Pray for another European leg and ability to attend it sad smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 2, 2022 06:55

hockenheim95
AntoineParis
States are done
Maybe a little window for Australia or Japan before last european leg summer 2023 (London at the end)

cheers

I can't imagine them doing a Last Waltz show. The Stones have never ever been sentimental with those kinds of things. My bet is they will have a look every year if they still can do it and then decide.

They’ve never had an active band member pass away either. I think they HAVE become way more sentimental since. Just looking at the interactions on stage between Mick and Keith nowadays. They actually touch, smile and hug …

Rod

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 2, 2022 08:34

AntoineParis
States are done
Maybe a little window for Australia or Japan before last european leg summer 2023 (London at the end)

cheers

you previously said back in may

After Europe ? The idea is One last leg in south America / One other leg in Asia or / and Australia and finaly a return next summer in Europe to closed the sixty years anniversary and this incredible History. If everything goes well with health issues of course. Get readywinking smiley

is this still the as you put it then "15 month plan" or has something changed

because you sounded reasonably certain back then about a south american leg and/or a asian/australian leg

and just to make certain (though it may be obvious to others) do you mean to imply that a decision has been made that london at the end of the next european leg next year is the END

as in the end of the stones as a live act entirely, no more tours, no more shows

just the end

So What's Next? 2023 rumours...
Posted by: DocChill ()
Date: August 2, 2022 10:00

drocker
Pray for another European leg and ability to attend it sad smiley
...I think similar drinking smileythumbs up! Because of high ticket prices and other private projects (partly refurbishment of the house of my grand-father) this year I could only attend to Gelsenkirchen (31 shows since 1995 so far, 6 x London, 1 x Amsterdam, 1 x Nijmegen - the rest in Germany incl. all three shows in Munich 2003). I'm a bid sad, that I can't go to Waldbühne this year sad smiley. So I would be very thankful, if they would do an extra European leg in 2023, maybe similar to 2018! One last show in the PIT would be my goal... drinking smiley!

Cheers,
Daniel smileys with beer

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 2, 2022 10:32

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Yeah there are rumours about;

Europe
Asia
Australia/NZ
Mexico (combined with either of the next two)
South America
USA + Canada

So that's pretty much all the world.

Also I don't agree with lem motlow. It's not about the biggest offer, otherwise they would have never played South America. What they feel like also is important. However logistics, pandemics and stuff like that make things a lot more difficult than it used to be.

I think it's time for Asia/Australia/NZ this time. Hope they get lucky.

Excuse me?! The Ole tour grossed nearly $84 million dollars for 14 shows.that means the average gate for each show was higher than the 14 on fire tour.
Anyone acting as if they know what the boys are gonna do next is trying to seem important on the internet.
The only reason I know anything is from reading how they operate in business magazines.
I know it makes the fans feel good to think Mick and Keith are on the phone talking about how their town or country deserves a show,they’re not.
Remember, the Stones are a hobby to you. To them, how ever glamorous it is, it’s their job.do show- cash check.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: August 2, 2022 10:38

hockenheim95
AntoineParis
States are done

cheers

I can't imagine them doing a Last Waltz show. The Stones have never ever been sentimental with those kinds of things. My bet is they will have a look every year if they still can do it and then decide.
you're right not kind of "last waltz" shows. Regular 18 songs stadium shows with London as a Closer.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: August 2, 2022 10:44

ProfessorWolf
AntoineParis
States are done

cheers

After Europe ? The idea is One last leg in south America / One other leg in Asia or / and Australia and finaly a return next summer in Europe to closed the sixty years anniversary and this incredible History. If everything goes well with health issues of course. Get readywinking smiley

because you sounded reasonably certain back then about a south american leg and/or a asian/australian leg

and just to make certain (though it may be obvious to others) do you mean to imply that a decision has been made that london at the end of the next european leg next year is the END

as in the end of the stones as a live act entirely, no more tours, no more shows

just the end[/quote. I think it's more complicated today for a kind of mini World tour. Maybe one leg (Australia or Japan) but i doubt. So yes just another european leg with England gigs for finish. When it's donne, that's the sign

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 2, 2022 10:54

So they’re gonna do South America, Asia and Australia this winter then go back to Europe next summer?!!
You have a very active imagination.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 2, 2022 12:40

If they've all got the energy and motivation, it's always possible. More far-flung locations could become less appealing with age. Who knows? If they tour, they tour.

Date: August 2, 2022 13:10

AntoineParis
ProfessorWolf
AntoineParis
States are done

cheers

just the end. I think it's more complicated today for a kind of mini World tour. Maybe one leg (Australia or Japan) but i doubt. So yes just another european leg with England gigs for finish. When it's donne, that's the sign

well if this pans out then folks may wanna start making plans for next summer just in case

but a years a long time nowadays things could happen plans could change

personally hope they continue a little longer in some way

but all good things....

Date: August 2, 2022 13:56

The things you overhear whilst quietly enjoying your breakfast and idly gazing out of the window as Stockholm goes about its daily business......"they are enjoying themselves and earning good money so as long as that continues, they will continue touring......" as said by a long standing RS insider sitting at the next table.

Date: August 2, 2022 14:43

hope your right

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: August 2, 2022 19:51

Thank you Antoine for your words.
So let's hope for a European Tour next year with concerts in Germany and the Netherlands.

cool smiley

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 2, 2022 22:46

Manofwealthandtaste
The things you overhear whilst quietly enjoying your breakfast and idly gazing out of the window as Stockholm goes about its daily business......"they are enjoying themselves and earning good money so as long as that continues, they will continue touring......" as said by a long standing RS insider sitting at the next table.

This is the most likely answer. Now it's where to next.

Simple economics and logistics means Europe and USA but Australia and Japan may be ready. I know it was hard for overseas acts to book there even this year but that has probably changed.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: August 2, 2022 23:26

It won’t stop. I am for sure they will be back on the road in 2023 if everyone is in a good health.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: August 3, 2022 01:10

NedKellyBandit
Thank you Antoine for your words.
So let's hope for a European Tour next year with concerts in Germany and the Netherlands.

cool smiley

Maybe GelreDome Arnhem next year instead of Amsterdam Arena, I will go again, take my money Stones take it already

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: August 3, 2022 10:58

Yes Nils Holgersson. You are right.
Arnhem would be fantastic. smileys with beer

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: August 3, 2022 13:25

RG
It won’t stop. I am for sure they will be back on the road in 2023 if everyone is in a good health.
There's a big chance they will continue if everyone's in good health. Most probably 2nd Europe leg like 2017/2018.
The biggest surprise would be if they announced the definitive end of their touring life today or in the next days/weeks. Ronnie hinted at this earlier...

Date: August 3, 2022 13:28

bernard90mike
RG
There's a big chance they will continue if everyone's in good health. Most probably 2nd Europe leg like 2017/2018.
The biggest surprise would be if they announced the definitive end of their touring life today or in the next days/weeks. Ronnie hinted at this earlier...
Where did you get that hint

Dont really think europe is a good idea. There is a common vibe of greatness and the stones are very popular. Maybe better leave europe on this enormous high and give other continents what they deserve

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: August 3, 2022 13:34

They won't ever announce a last tour

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: August 3, 2022 13:39

PaintMonkeyManBlack
bernard90mike
RG

Dont really think europe is a good idea. There is a common vibe of greatness and the stones are very popular. Maybe better leave europe on this enormous high and give other continents what they deserve
I mean this interview in the spanish edition of 'Esquire'
I also think that as many fans as possible around the world should be able to enjoy a Stones show... we'll see

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 3, 2022 14:30

Las Vegas residency.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: August 3, 2022 15:18

It's all about the fine print. The Official Rolling Stones accounts on social media uses structural ‘The end of the SIXTY European Tour’. Not the end of the SIXTY Tour (or touring in common), but just the end of this leg. I have my bets on South America or Asia/Australia for next year. Start saving money, kids. ;-).

Date: August 3, 2022 15:19

I know what is next

A bunch of speculative threads about what they will do next.

You read it here first.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 3, 2022 15:34

Hairball
Las Vegas residency.

It's never tempted them before - why should it now?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 3, 2022 15:40

They are having fun and its all about making money while having fun. Where that is who knows at this point. Pure speculation. It is easier to figure where they will NOT play/tour at this point.

IMHO they will not tour Russia, China, Africa (sorry S. Africa it aint happening), N. Korea, South East Asia, South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Cuba and Caribbean and lots of bouncing between countries outside of the EU because of logistics. This fact would make South America harder to accomplish but if there is more money to be made who knows.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: August 3, 2022 16:57

Oooh, oh. On Instagram Keith says: on the way to our last gig... winking smiley start the speculation. grinning smiley

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: August 3, 2022 17:08

PaintMonkeyManBlack
bernard90mike
RG

“We are facing the last tour,” the guitarist, who celebrates his 75th birthday on the first day of the tour, told the Spanish edition of Esquire.

Asked if it’s really the band’s final tour, he replied: “Well, all the tours are the last one. You never know what will happen next. All tours are a mystery. But there is no doubt that this one is especially so.”

[www.iheartradio.ca]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 3, 2022 17:40

AntoineParis
Regular 18 songs stadium shows with London as a Closer.

Or 10 gigs all across the continent and a big multiple-nights finish in London with fans coming from all over the world?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 3, 2022 20:49

Green Lady
Hairball
Las Vegas residency.

It's never tempted them before - why should it now?

How do we know they've never been tempted before?

Huge amounts of money, no traveling, set up camp in a fancy hotel suite, roll out of bed, play a show, have a fancy dinner, go back to bed, and repeat.
It's all speculation, but with the massive amounts of money in Vegas, they might be given an offer that would be hard to refuse.

Sin city...the temptation is always there.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1646
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home