Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 123
Re: Sixty tour in USA during Fall??
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 17, 2022 16:24

BeastyBurdeny
I'm not holding my breath, but they could easily sell out Vancouver, Calgary/Edmonton, Regina, Ottawa/Toronto, and likely any locations they did in 2019--because COVID years are twice as long as regular years, so 2019 was actually 5 or 6 years ago.

Jokes aside, 2019 was longer ago than people give it credit for and North America, like most places, has been starved for live music since the pandemic. So any 2019 markets are fair game IMO. Canada would be a bulls-eye, too, Gotta throw LA + NYC + Vegas into any mix for good measure of course.

All this being said, I'm happy to see them playing anywhere in 2022 or 2023, just so long as the towel isn't being thrown in just yet.

I'm starting to feel the vibes more and more of another North American run, and eventually they'll start feeling the itch again as Keith says.
There's still plenty of places in North America to play, still plenty of money to be made, and still plenty of warhorses to be played.
And it's easy money for them - as someone mentioned above it's basically a vacation where they get to enjoy with their family and their friends who they play with on stage.

BFR
For me and many others I know, going to a Stones show isn't just about the setlist. It's the entire experience. Getting to see a new city, maybe for the first time, seeing that city come alive with fellow fans, getting to reunite with concert friends from near and far before/during/after the show. The concert is the pinnacle of the experience, but there's so much more than just those two hours for a lot of us. I think there are still plenty of people out there that are willing to pay big bucks to say they saw The Rolling Stones, too.

There's a lot of money to be made, still...It's not dark yet, but it's gettin' there...

They'll be back. thumbs up

Re: Sixty tour in USA during Fall? What's next?
Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: July 17, 2022 17:31

Another US leg right now would be ridiculous. I would rather expect a 2nd european leg next year or Asia/Australia. Or the latter in 2024.

Kinda ridiculous to even think about 2024, but oh well.....

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 17, 2022 17:43

Topi
It's not a leg, it's a mini-leg!

Like a third leg? grinning smiley

Would to see it but would put it slightly more likely than a Beatles, Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd tour. 2023 health permitting.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 17, 2022 17:46

falo01
Another US leg right now would be ridiculous. I would rather expect a 2nd european leg next year or Asia/Australia. Or the latter in 2024.

Kinda ridiculous to even think about 2024, but oh well.....

2nd European leg? well, are there any major cities left? Touring South America or Japan might make more sense

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 17, 2022 18:00

slewan

2nd European leg? well, are there any major cities left?

Oslo
Helsinki
Copenhagen
Bern
Lisbon
Rome
Prague
Warsaw
Stuttgart
Hamburg
Nijmegen
Manchester
Edinburgh
Dublin

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 17, 2022 18:04

Plenty of cities (and countries) left for a second leg in Europe. Look at 2017 and 2018. Europe is able to sustain two consecutive legs.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: July 17, 2022 19:08

I think money is going to be tight for everyone...still hoping for 3000
seat tour we'll mini tour actually 4 gigs highlights New album

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 17, 2022 19:34

kkhoranstoned
I think money is going to be tight for everyone...still hoping for 3000
seat tour we'll mini tour actually 4 gigs highlights New album
If they can nearly sell out 14 stadiums this year they can do it again next year.

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: July 17, 2022 20:12

Oriongalaxy
Nothing to discuss here. Next leg is Europe again. They signed contract already.

Source?

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: July 17, 2022 20:17

Irix
slewan

2nd European leg? well, are there any major cities left?

Oslo
Helsinki
Copenhagen
Bern
Lisbon
Rome
Prague
Warsaw
Stuttgart
Hamburg
Nijmegen
Manchester
Edinburgh
Dublin

One could add Bern here... or Zurich

Date: July 17, 2022 20:44

These cities cover a lot of territory, and all are spaced far apart:

San Diego
Vancouver
New York
Chicago
Miami

That would enable them to easily fill in some of the gaps to stretch out the itinerary:

San Francisco
Vegas
Phoenix
Denver
Dallas
Nashville
Charlotte

And then to round it out to make it an even 14 for good measure:

Los Angeles
Toronto

------------------------------------------------------

Give or take a couple here and there, and probably will be 2023, but makes some sense.
For those planning on going, might want to start saving $$$ now.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 17, 2022 23:20

bertrichards
Oriongalaxy

Nothing to discuss here. Next leg is Europe again. They signed contract already.

Source?

The mother-in-law of buddy's nephew .... grinning smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 17, 2022 23:25

To cover USA they just need to play 5 shows at MSG and 5 at Staples, then 5 shows in Las Vegas, no need to travel that much. I am not saying they will do it, but it would be possible. Not now, but some other time. To be more serious, I hope The Rolling Stones never turn into an act of LV/LA/NY, I like them to tour, like they always do.

Bjornulf

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 18, 2022 00:15

Hairball
These cities cover a lot of territory, and all are spaced far apart:

San Diego
Vancouver
New York
Chicago
Miami

That would enable them to easily fill in some of the gaps to stretch out the itinerary:

San Francisco
Vegas
Phoenix
Denver
Dallas
Nashville
Charlotte

And then to round it out to make it an even 14 for good measure:

Los Angeles
Toronto

------------------------------------------------------

Give or take a couple here and there, and probably will be 2023, but makes some sense.
For those planning on going, might want to start saving $$$ now.

That would work for me.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 18, 2022 01:04

They have various offers on the table: a 2nd round of European shows (the most likelly option), Asia/Australia is on line too (covid restrictions is an issue) and a South American option too.

Asia/Australia and South America should be on February/March, Europe on May/June, the most safe option is Europe.

Not a word about USA shows.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: July 18, 2022 01:07

I’m betting on South America next. I know the SIXTY stage isn’t particularly popular, but it has the advantage of being significantly less expensive to haul around than other configurations…think of the South America stage from ABB tour and the more stripped back Urban Jungle stage vs Steel Wheels. Transportation is an issue down there and also power infrastructure at South American stadiums vs the USA. This current stage is perfect for a run down there and maybe a couple Asia and Oceania shows.

The US shows are a cash cow so they’d probably get bigger screens again on the next lap. I’ll be surprised if they ever do a residency in NYC, LV or LA…not their style. They missed some major markets in 2021 so I’d bet on a short USA run in the next 2 years.

Date: July 18, 2022 01:08

As has been seen with the supposed new album, plans can always change.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 18, 2022 03:30

bv
To cover USA they just need to play 5 shows at MSG and 5 at Staples, then 5 shows in Las Vegas, no need to travel that much. I am not saying they will do it, but it would be possible. Not now, but some other time. To be more serious, I hope The Rolling Stones never turn into an act of LV/LA/NY, I like them to tour, like they always do.

No they will never do a residency thing well hope not. I think whole band likes to travel different places. I did hear on fm few weeks ago they could do US again next summer as that’s where the big $ are. Hope so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-18 03:32 by babyblue.

Date: July 18, 2022 04:33

I guess they will do a 2nd leg next year in Asia/Australia or South America February/March, then the new album with some bonus shows in USA during fall 2023

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 18, 2022 06:49

Time is not on their side.

They won't play the US or any other American country in 2022.

Why this thread is still functional is a mystery.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 18, 2022 14:47

GasLightStreet

Hope springs eternal I suppose.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: July 18, 2022 17:29

rstoned
Does anybody have any information if the Stones plan to do some dates of the Sixty tour in New York or USA, same as they did for the 50y anniversary?

IORR Editor comment:
Any posts and threads related to upcoming tours - wishes - dreams - real stuff - will go here.

Considering the Stones played in Europe in '17 and '18 and in the US in '19 and '21, there is no real rush for them to return to the US. You already had your share and there are other parts of the world still waiting.

Re: Tour this Autumn
Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: July 18, 2022 18:02

daspyknows
Rickster
I would not say it's not possible it could actually happen remember there tours these days consist of 14 shows with at least 3 days off in between shows so I'm sure they aren't as exhausted as you think.

Really? I was travelling for 3 weeks catching shows (4 Stones and some others) and I am exhausted and I am not almost 80.

But you probably don't travel the way the Stones travel with everything being taken care of. They do not even carry their own luggage.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 18, 2022 18:40

GasLightStreet

Thank you! Finally someone with logic!

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: July 18, 2022 20:47

After Berlin there will be no more shows this year.
No sources or anything else just a dose of reality for all those who constantly harp on about US shows this year.

Date: July 18, 2022 22:37

Maybe they'll switch over to baseball stadiums for the US/North American tour, though those odd shaped venues aren't quite as fan friendly as football stadiums - especially for those stuck on the extreme sides.
Best case scenario would be smaller basketball/hockey arenas such as the LA Forum and Madison Square Garden - would be an appropriate and thoughtful gesture and special gift by the band to the fans.
Three or four shows at three or four arenas would ease up the traveling logistics...thinking L.A. Forum, Madison Square Garden, United Center in Chicago, and maybe Canada Life Centre in Winnipeg.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 18, 2022 22:40

Can't imagine the Stones NOT playing MSG one last time. If/when Stones return to the US wouldn't surprise me if it is not a Stadium tour.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 18, 2022 22:46

Cooltoplady
GasLightStreet

Thank you! Finally someone with logic!

There are "will there be a new US tour" EVERY year. I am not censoring dream threads or wish lists. I just merge other similar threads. If I act on such threads then people read between lines.

Bjornulf

Date: July 18, 2022 22:53

TumblinDice76
Can't imagine the Stones NOT playing MSG one last time. If/when Stones return to the US wouldn't surprise me if it is not a Stadium tour.

Yes TumblinDice76, the arena scenario would change things dramatically for a variety of reasons.
While I would possibly attend one more stadium show within a hundred miles, I'd go way out of my way to see them one more time in an arena...maybe 500 miles or even more.
There's no doubt plenty of other fans who are disinterested with massive stadium shows at this point (especially with a lame stage) who would go out of their way to see them in arenas.
And as much of a fantasy as it might seem, there's always a chance...SIXTY and Counting - North America...coming to select arenas...thumbs up

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: July 18, 2022 23:14

Hairball
the arena scenario would change things dramatically for a variety of reasons

Can't believe they would play for less fans and money. A lose lose situation. For old times sake?

Personally, I can enjoy a Stadium shows just as much.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1545
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home