Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jig-Saw Puzzle
Posted by: neptune ()
Date: November 24, 2005 06:29

I just heard this an hour ago for the first time in quite a long while. What an awesome song! Great slide, bass, acoustic, piano . . . what great stuff. The Stones were superb in adding textures to their songs back then . . . a sitar here, mellotron there, acoustic in the front, etc. Those were the glory days and it's just so sad to see them in the AMA's last night puttering about, the magic long, long gone. I digress, it would be something if the Stones could finally play Jig-Saw Puzzle on tour, that is if Ronnie could be competent enough to play Brian's slide part.

Re: Jig-Saw Puzzle
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 26, 2005 08:38

I would go absolutely out of my mind if they played this song and I missed it. I agree 100% on what a great song it is. Sometimes, I listen to it and just try to follow one instrument, like the bass line, but when the song ends, I realized I got sucked in again and lost myself to the song.

Andrew from Canada (can't remember his screen name right now) was nice enough to recently send me a cd he had of some outtakes of this song. I think I listened to it for three days straight. YAY Andrew!!!!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: November 26, 2005 08:44

i dont like it...so boring.

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: November 26, 2005 15:13

great song but I reckon it's too long....

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: November 26, 2005 15:36

The last cd of the Satanic Box (8) has about an hour of Jig-Saw Puzzle rehearsals (instrumental only). It's a test. If you can sit thru that one without stopping..........you're a hardcore fan (next fase: 55 instrumental takes of Citadel in a row!).

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: November 26, 2005 15:56

yeah the Citadel one would be a tough one!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home