Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Is that it with the deluxe reissues?
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 7, 2022 00:04

VoodooLounge13
ProfessorWolf
VoodooLounge13
Hairball
Surprised there hasn't been a full No Filter live set yet...cd, dvd, blu-ray, vinyl, etc...standard, deluxe, super deluxe, etc.
Maybe it's something they'll be putting together for the fall just in time for Christmas. And then there's the SIXTY tour releases to look forward to........
Filled with oldies but goodies...greatest hits...fan favorites...sing alongs...and maybe the one and only new tune Living in a Ghost Town can be included.

Would like to see Miami 2019 get an official release. Was it filmed?

pretty sure they record and film all there shows these days

so yeah i'd be surprised if they didn't

but if they do release it they have to include mercy mercy and harlem shuffle from the same tour as bonus tracks

Well, I only picked Miami, as it's Charlie's last show. The only bonus I'd like is their performance from the COVID concert, where Charlie is playing the air drums......his final performance with the band.

yeah definitely include the one world at home performance too

Date: July 7, 2022 01:15

There hasn't been an It's Only Rock n Roll deluxe has there, though some sessions ended up on Goat. Is there much more? As for Black and Blue, that would be fantastic. Especially if they include the long instrumental version of Munich Hilton. Anyone know who exactly is playing on this? And when?
video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 7, 2022 01:18

I am sure that every 2000 and beyond show is on a hardrive somewhere but I doubt any of them are truly releasable. Most will end up looking like Leeds 82 Vault series where it doesn't look right. The camera work is meant for big screens on stage not small screens at home. They might release a few of these but doubt they will dip into that regularly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-07 01:18 by Justin.

Date: July 7, 2022 01:29

Justin
I am sure that every 2000 and beyond show is on a hardrive somewhere but I doubt any of them are truly releasable. Most will end up looking like Leeds 82 Vault series where it doesn't look right. The camera work is meant for big screens on stage not small screens at home. They might release a few of these but doubt they will dip into that regularly.

but i bet the audio if mixed right would be pretty good

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 7, 2022 01:34

mariano
Dirty sessions we're great, the outakes are really good ...

yeah they're good fun. And most of what's good feature Keith on vocals. I doubt there'd be much demand for a deluxe reissue of the band's most slated album featuring a collection of bonus material where Mick Jagger is largely absent.

The Stones dont finish enough original songs to justify expanded reissues. Thats why they have to put out these hybrid releases with 21st century vocal and lyrical overdubs and even gather a few stray cuts from various albums and package it as a new 'Tattoo You' even though they were never considered for that release to begin with.

'Emotional Rescue' is really the only album that has enough leftover songs - but its not regarded as a 'classic' Stones album and they've already put out some of the songs from that era on Tattoo You, Tattoo You Deluxe and even (thanks to a bit of historical revisionism) on the Some Girls deluxe.

IMO the best thing going forward is for a career spanning retrospective spanning a few discs, and including alternate versions as well as what releasable outtakes are left that dont need new vocals on 50 year old recordings. Biggest stumbling block is ABKCO but they've managed to get around that before and no reason why they can't do so again. Not doing it for the 60th anniversary was a missed opportunity

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 7, 2022 04:32

VoodooLounge13
TheGreek
I sure hope not . I am still waiting for the deluxe treatment for Dirty Work . Seriously , the way I look at it is that there have to be gems laying around on the cutting room floor that could be fun to listen to . Songs that we think are good enough to release that Mick/ Keith don't . They have surprised us like this before with tracks such as Criss Cross and Plundered My Soul to name 2 .Also I want the deluxe treatment for Emotional Rescue . As the Stones recorded a lot of Material at Pathe Marconi and Compass Point in 78 & 79 . This stuff I think would be killer .

For me personally, Criss Cross might just be the best thing they've done since Don't Stop. It is by far my favorite track on all of the deluxe editions, and I listen to it multiple times whenever I do here it. The groove is just infectious, and since they practiced it, I really wish they'd bring it out live. And I swear in the video there's a naked woman, but it goes by so damn fast!!!

Yes, this should have been done live...same with PMS and No Spare Parts.

Date: July 7, 2022 04:55

I think it will get to a point where you can order a digital download of any of their more recent concerts.

If I remember correctly, some of the VIP after shows had recordings of the concerts which were just performed.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 7, 2022 07:24

Gazza
mariano

yeah they're good fun. And most of what's good feature Keith on vocals. I doubt there'd be much demand for a deluxe reissue of the band's most slated album featuring a collection of bonus material where Mick Jagger is largely absent.

The Stones dont finish enough original songs to justify expanded reissues. Thats why they have to put out these hybrid releases with 21st century vocal and lyrical overdubs and even gather a few stray cuts from various albums and package it as a new 'Tattoo You' even though they were never considered for that release to begin with.

'Emotional Rescue' is really the only album that has enough leftover songs - but its not regarded as a 'classic' Stones album and they've already put out some of the songs from that era on Tattoo You, Tattoo You Deluxe and even (thanks to a bit of historical revisionism) on the Some Girls deluxe.

IMO the best thing going forward is for a career spanning retrospective spanning a few discs, and including alternate versions as well as what releasable outtakes are left that dont need new vocals on 50 year old recordings. Biggest stumbling block is ABKCO but they've managed to get around that before and no reason why they can't do so again. Not doing it for the 60th anniversary was a missed opportunity

Gazza, you left out SUCKIN IN THE SEVENTIES!

I've said it before and here it goes again:

The Stones have enough unfinished leftovers that are extremely interesting (and obviously some that are not at all) that, like The Beatles did with the anthology series, they could release unfinished tracks, especially from the 1972 GHS -1982 U sessions.

Why the need to finish them... I dunno. Who wouldn't love an official (and unfinished) release of Not The Way To Go or Misty Roads and a gazillion others?

Unlike the demise of The Beatles and the era the anthologies came out, The Rolling Stones audience of, at least, record buyers/interests is dying off and fading away. No kid born in 1994 is gonna be interested in leftovers from (insert album sessions here) just the same as what they have reissued deluxe wise or just their albums period.

A friend of mine does not know who Keith Richards is nor The Rolling Stones - she doesn't listen to that kind of music and she is not interested. I played her Start Me Up recently - not a clue.

Unless something is put in a video game, an app or, a bit lesser so, a movie - no one, in general, that is younger than 35ish is gonna give a shit about The Rolling Stones yet alone The Beatles and Elvis etc.

Especially when Kamauu and The Teskey Brothers and L. Dre and Three Six Mafia and Beatrich and Drake and Bazzi and on and on and on are the deal.

I've been witnessing it personally.

Date: July 7, 2022 11:56

born in 1991 here

under 35ish

and i want it all and more!

and will 30 years from now too!

which we may have to wait till to see this happenwinking smiley

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: July 7, 2022 12:33

GasLightStreet
Gazza
mariano

The Stones have enough unfinished leftovers that are extremely interesting (and obviously some that are not at all) that, like The Beatles did with the anthology series, they could release unfinished tracks, especially from the 1972 GHS -1982 U sessions.

Why the need to finish them... I dunno. Who wouldn't love an official (and unfinished) release of Not The Way To Go or Misty Roads and a gazillion others?

Unlike the demise of The Beatles and the era the anthologies came out, The Rolling Stones audience of, at least, record buyers/interests is dying off and fading away. No kid born in 1994 is gonna be interested in leftovers from (insert album sessions here) just the same as what they have reissued deluxe wise or just their albums period.

A friend of mine does not know who Keith Richards is nor The Rolling Stones - she doesn't listen to that kind of music and she is not interested. I played her Start Me Up recently - not a clue.

Unless something is put in a video game, an app or, a bit lesser so, a movie - no one, in general, that is younger than 35ish is gonna give a shit about The Rolling Stones yet alone The Beatles and Elvis etc.

Especially when Kamauu and The Teskey Brothers and L. Dre and Three Six Mafia and Beatrich and Drake and Bazzi and on and on and on are the deal.

I think "GasLightStreet" is right and ProfessorWolf is one of the 4 percent of 25-34 year olds who know The Rolling Stones and is a fan.
According to the stats in my photo, Rolling Stones fans are a dying breed.

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: July 7, 2022 13:16

The way people enjoy music has changed so much, not just for the Stones but for all artists. I don't think many folks still have the attention span to listen to an entire album. Tickets for Bruce Springsteen in Europa sold extremely fast, but few people seem to even know about his last album Letter To You.

Date: July 7, 2022 14:02

UrbanSteel
GasLightStreet
Gazza
mariano

I think "GasLightStreet" is right and ProfessorWolf is one of the 4 percent of 25-34 year olds who know The Rolling Stones and is a fan.
According to the stats in my photo, Rolling Stones fans are a dying breed.

maybe sadly

but my 4 year old cousin loses his sh-t and goes nuts giggling and dancing along to she's so cold and always asks me to play it when i visit

and rufus thomas's do the funky chicken

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 7, 2022 16:15

GasLightStreet

Almost everyone apart from you, me and a few others as in most cases, while they're fun to have from a 'forbidden fruit' perspective, they're commercially unreleasable. An artist has a different perspective towards this stuff than a bootleg collector will have. And understandably so, as they have higher artistic standards to live up to.

Those Beatles releases came out in the mid 90s when people were still buying music. That band also happens to sell a lot more records than the Stones do.

Thirty years later, theres no real market for it and the target audience is also far older. If the Stones put out such a release tomorrow, you can guarantee that at least 95% of the people who are paying hundreds of quid for a concert ticket this year or last year won't be buying it.

Mick's the only band member who has consistently put the work in to finishing these extra songs we've been getting on these reissues. Generally, he's done a pretty good job on them, but doing it over and over for the forseeable future is getting to the barrel-scraping stage. I doubt he wants to do that indefinitely.

Like I suggested earlier, you could issue a few career spanning releases of studio material and maybe fill it out with releasable alternate versions (like they did with 'Brown sugar' a few years ago). I just dont think theres enough good unreleased original material left (plenty of very good covers though)

Date: July 7, 2022 16:56

then digitize your archives mick and put them on youtube or something for free

every last tape

unedited

if 95% of fans don't wanna listen to 4 hours of them trying to record turd on the run

well count me in that 5% that do

and will over and over again

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: July 7, 2022 17:00

I think there is more to come.
Black and Blue, Emotional Rescue, Voodo Lounge and Bridges to Babylon have enough outtakes to be released.
Well. I hope they will.

Posted by: gavin95 ()
Date: July 7, 2022 21:18

ProfessorWolf

every last tape

unedited

if 95% of fans don't wanna listen to 4 hours of them trying to record turd on the run

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-08 14:40 by gavin95.

Date: July 8, 2022 00:46

gavin95
ProfessorWolf

every last tape

unedited

Hey ProfessorWolf, don't worry about the naysayers or anything

There are many, many young Stones (and rock and roll) fans, me being one of them

just saw Dead & Company twice this week, it was out of this world - best show and atmosphere I've ever experienced in my life

Anyway, a lot of us don't come too much on IORR because of the swirling negativity and gross generalizations about who *is and who *isn't* a fan. As you can see above.

So a lot of stones fans are on IG, tumblr, whatever

By the way, thank you so much for the matrix recordings you've assembled

thank you

and there's a couple young fans that frequent here

as for the negativity

personally much of it i think is just people being critical about a subject they love and trying to share there opinions

as younger fans i think we need to understand where older generations of fans are coming from in the way they view the rolling stones

i mean some of these folks have been fans long enough to have seen brian with them

some where stones fans thirty years before i was born

and when we talk about the rolling stones were not talking about just one band were talking 5 different bands

plus the x pensive winos, the faces, the new barbarians, the brothers of sodom etc etc

and iorr is a place where fans of all these bands gather and share there love of the stones

not just one version of it

but not everyone's gonna be a fan of all these different bands

(i personally love all of them but i'm in the minority there i think)

and some are gonna out right hate em' and tell you so

and i think that's ok as long they can do it without being insulting of belittling other people's opinions

however the bit about generalizing about who is and isn't a fan is bullsh-t if your here your a fan end of story

you may not be a fan of every version of the band but that doesn't make you any less of a fan of the rolling stones just because you like voodoo lounge more then exile on main street, or think mick taylor played some solo better then ronnie, or you have difficulty accepting the stones without charlie and with steve

if your here your home

so don't be afraid to come here more often and share your opinions

bv does a pretty good job of keeping this place civil

as for other places online i don't mess with that

social media short of iorr isn't my thing

i'm not the average millenial i didn't grow up with the internet or a computer or smartphone

and while i can use the internet when need be i can also get by just fine without it

and social media has never in the least appealed to me

also your welcome for the matrixes

i'm working on liverpool right now but won't be doing hyde park 1 or 2 or amsterdam since i belive dapsy is gonna make some very good recordings of all those shows

and mine won't really be necessary

but any other shows this tour without quality lossless recordings i'll make a matrix for

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 8, 2022 02:05

micha063
Black and Blue, Emotional Rescue, Voodo Lounge and Bridges to Babylon have enough outtakes to be released.
Well. I hope they will.

But how many fans want them? I'm a long time fan and have no interest in anything after Steel Wheels. They weren't the same band. Black and Blue possibly. Especially since it had a skint 8 tracks to begin with. Emotional Rescue is a B- album to begin with. I wouldn't buy it remastered.

Date: July 8, 2022 04:25

24FPS
micha063
Well. I hope they will.

But how many fans want them? I'm a long time fan and have no interest in anything after Steel Wheels. They weren't the same band. Black and Blue possibly. Especially since it had a skint 8 tracks to begin with. Emotional Rescue is a B- album to begin with. I wouldn't buy it remastered.

i would

show of hands who would buy it just for a finished version of munich hilton plus the other outtakes

jah is not dead, not the way to go, your angel steps out of heaven,what's the matter, my first plea,i'll let you know, part of the night, can't find love, misty roads, gangster's moll, linda lu, dancing girls, guitar lesson and the early version of all about you

plus all the outtakes left from some girls

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 8, 2022 04:42

ProfessorWolf
24FPS
micha063
Well. I hope they will.

i would

show of hands who would buy it just for a finished version of munich hilton plus the other outtakes

jah is not dead, not the way to go, your angel steps out of heaven,what's the matter, my first plea,i'll let you know, part of the night, can't find love, misty roads, gangster's moll, linda lu, dancing girls, guitar lesson and the early version of all about you

Yeah, it's a great album, maybe the FPS setting is too low?!

Date: July 8, 2022 04:50

treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
24FPS
micha063
Well. I hope they will.

i would

Yeah, it's a great album, maybe the FPS setting is too low?!

damn right it is!grinning smiley

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: July 8, 2022 05:10

ProfessorWolf
24FPS
micha063
Well. I hope they will.

i would

"Part Of The Night"? That's an unfamiliar title to me. Does this outtake stem from the Black & Blue sessions? Does anyone know where I can find some info on this one, please? Thanks so much!

Date: July 8, 2022 06:33

it's on this sorry can't the track by itself same situation for this take of can't find love

and there vocals are from 82 but the music is from 79

part of the night 1:08:30
can't find love 1:50:40

and here is the rest

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-08 06:39 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: July 8, 2022 06:49

Gazza
GasLightStreet

Almost everyone apart from you, me and a few others as in most cases, while they're fun to have from a 'forbidden fruit' perspective, they're commercially unreleasable. An artist has a different perspective towards this stuff than a bootleg collector will have. And understandably so, as they have higher artistic standards to live up to.

Those Beatles releases came out in the mid 90s when people were still buying music. That band also happens to sell a lot more records than the Stones do.

Thirty years later, theres no real market for it and the target audience is also far older. If the Stones put out such a release tomorrow, you can guarantee that at least 95% of the people who are paying hundreds of quid for a concert ticket this year or last year won't be buying it.

Mick's the only band member who has consistently put the work in to finishing these extra songs we've been getting on these reissues. Generally, he's done a pretty good job on them, but doing it over and over for the forseeable future is getting to the barrel-scraping stage. I doubt he wants to do that indefinitely.

Like I suggested earlier, you could issue a few career spanning releases of studio material and maybe fill it out with releasable alternate versions (like they did with 'Brown sugar' a few years ago). I just dont think theres enough good unreleased original material left (plenty of very good covers though)

Yeah. I know. I read ya. I hear ya. It's too bad the Stones didn't ride that Beatles comet in the mid-1990s with unreleased etc.

Date: July 8, 2022 07:01

gavin95 and ProfessorWolf... holy crap.

Y'all are interested. There are others. But a majority of the fan base? The people that would be interested as a whole? They're older than me, my age, and younger than me. Youngins don't account for much like the oldins do: the ones that bought albums in whatever format.

I fit in between.

However, apparently you missed one important aspect:

The Stones (Mick) are only concerned with sales. Sales equals success.

Those days are long gone.

Which is basically what Gazza was pointing out and I was saying Well, screw that... but Gazza's more right than I am wrong.

As much as I would love to hear whatever that hasn't been released between the 1972 and 1982 sessions... it ain't gonna happen. There's no reason to think or expect it to.

Officially.

But one never knows. They might surprise us once they stop performing, which will be soon, sooner than anyone may factually realize it. And if that is the case, I would be extremely pleased - one last blast from The Rolling Stones.

Because a new album ain't gonna really accomplish that, which, at this point, already happened - and may likely remain this way - at the end of 2016.

Date: July 8, 2022 07:18

GasLightStreet
gavin95 and ProfessorWolf... holy crap.

Y'all are interested. There are others. But a majority of the fan base? The people that would be interested as a whole? They're older than me, my age, and younger than me. Youngins don't account for much like the oldins do: the ones that bought albums in whatever format.

I fit in between.

However, apparently you missed one important aspect:

The Stones (Mick) are only concerned with sales. Sales equals success.

Those days are long gone.

Which is basically what Gazza was pointing out and I was saying Well, screw that... but Gazza's more right than I am wrong.

As much as I would love to hear whatever that hasn't been released between the 1972 and 1982 sessions... it ain't gonna happen. There's no reason to think or expect it to.

Officially.

But one never knows. They might surprise us once they stop performing, which will be soon, sooner than anyone may factually realize it. And if that is the case, I would be extremely pleased - one last blast from The Rolling Stones.

Because a new album ain't gonna really accomplish that, which, at this point, already happened - and may likely remain this way - at the end of 2016.

good point about the sales aspect

but i'm sure mick could find some way to monetize on letting a few crazy people listened to there archives at length

even if it doesn't involve traditional album releases

that being said i agree that it will never happen

and that best we can hope for is someone close to the stones and with access to there arcives (let's say his name rhymes with rick shagger) decides to let loose a couple more volumes of fully finished studio outtakeswinking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 8, 2022 08:17

"So it's a profit thing" - Navin Johnson

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: July 8, 2022 10:26

ProfessorWolf
it's on this sorry can't the track by itself same situation for this take of can't find love

and there vocals are from 82 but the music is from 79

part of the night 1:08:30
can't find love 1:50:40

and here is the rest

Thank you so much, ProfessorWolf, much appreciated!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 8, 2022 13:13

ProfessorWolf
24FPS
micha063
Well. I hope they will.

i would

Show of hands - count me in as I love ER

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 8, 2022 13:18

24FPS
"So it's a profit thing" - Navin Johnson
Since the beginning of time , always has been , as no one is doing charity work or for the fun of it or for integrity .

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1990
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home