Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Is that it with the deluxe reissues?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 6, 2022 01:14

It appears all the popular albums the Stones control, Sticky Fingers forward, have been mined for remastering and bonus tracks. A Black and Blue bonus disc might work, since there were so many interesting people in and out of the studio, including Jeff Beck. But the rest? A tiny audience for Undercover, or Dirty Work extras. I'm not sure how many 'extra' songs were recorded for Steel Wheels.

At any rate we know the post Wyman era doesn't attract much interest. Voodoo has too many sub level songs to begin with.

If there's anything left, it would appear to go back to ABKCO, and nothing has come from them Stones wise since the joint Polydor/ABKCO/UM release 'On Air' in 2017.

Re: Is that it with the deluxe reissues?
Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 6, 2022 01:31

Voodoo>Black and Blue, Undercover, and Steel Wheels. But to answer your question , yes probably. The only ones were doing at this point would be ABKCO ones and we know that goes with them. Oddly, the only post 69 album that hasn't been done already and could be interesting is...Voodoo. And I can't see the general public caring about that either. Dame can be said for all post 69 albums that haven't been done. Kind of interested where the live releases go, going forward as well. Paris 76? Phili 72?

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: July 6, 2022 02:17

1972 New York or Pittsburgh live with Bob Clearmountain in charge of remix/remaster

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 6, 2022 03:17

Dirty sessions we're great, the outakes are really good ...

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 6, 2022 04:44

The five deluxe reissues we have are what was agreed upon in 2009 with Universal. There are still more archival concert releases to come and, of course, the infamous "new" studio album (yet to be finished) and a possible double disc set of previously unreleased material from 1989 - 2002 that has been tinkered with over the years. Keith and Don Was apparently like the idea of that set a lot. It seems Charlie's passing and the band's reaction to it may or may not determine when that concept is realized. There are several people here who likely know more about all of this but that's the most consistent "news" I've heard that doesn't sound like speculation only.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 6, 2022 04:54

mariano

God help us all. No

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 6, 2022 05:02

Maybe some leftover practice sessions from Blue and Lonesome which might actually be better than the finished product.
Surely there's some random jams, or maybe even some tunes that didn't make the final cut (incomplete or finished).
And maybe there's a Keith lead vocal hidden in there amidst all the debris, and maybe some tunes where his guitar is more prominent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-06 05:03 by Hairball.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: July 6, 2022 05:35

Fully finished studio outtakes showed that the bridges to Babylon material was super good! It deserves a deluxe release. Let’s hear what those songs sounded like before they were Tinkered with by those young producers!

Date: July 6, 2022 07:55

donvis
Fully finished studio outtakes showed that the bridges to Babylon material was super good! It deserves a deluxe release. Let’s hear what those songs sounded like before they were Tinkered with by those young producers!

That's not for the general public. The BTB album sounds dated and wouldn't attract a lot of attention with a new remaster. Frankly I think the Tattoo You bonus disc was a letdown.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: July 6, 2022 08:21

Cooltoplady
mariano

God help us all. No
You must not have heard those boots.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: July 6, 2022 10:52

Both Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge have some great outtakes, but most of them were already used as b-sides.. Wish I'd never met you still was never even fully finished. I love Precious Love and Fancyman Blues, Jump on top of Me and The Storm.. But I wonder if it's enough for a full lenght album

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 6, 2022 11:01

Live shows are what's left. And there's plenty of those that could be released.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 6, 2022 11:20

Whale
Cooltoplady
mariano

God help us all. No

thumbs up Plus the material we haven't really heard like the music Keith and Ron recorded with Don Covay.

Between :

- the alt versions of the DW album
- the outtakes ("Crushed Pearl" "Deep Love" the jaw-dropping horns-enhanced "Strictly Memphis" the magnificient "What Am I Gonna Do With Your Love")
- the early 1985 material
- the "Podiums" side project

I'd say there's enough stuff for a 4/5-cd release. And it would completely change the common view on that album aka "the nadir of the band" which it isn't.

Will it ever happen?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 6, 2022 11:43

dcba
Whale
Cooltoplady
mariano

God help us all. No

thumbs up Plus the material we haven't really heard like the music Keith and Ron recorded with Don Covay.

Between :

- the outtakes ("Crushed Pearl" "Deep Love" the jaw-dropping horns-enhanced "Strictly Memphis" the magnificient "What Am I Gonna Do With Your Love")

I'd say there's enough stuff for a 4/5-cd release. And it would completely change the common view on that album aka "the nadir of the band" which it isn't.

Will it ever happen?

i hope so

honestly i find the outtakes to generally be better and more intersting then what ended up on the album

and they could include the many great outtakes from undercover too in your 4-5 cd set

and before anyone says that no one would buy it

tell me who the audience for huge expensive rereleases of talk is cheap or main offender was

though if they start releasing 4-5 disc sets focusing on specific sessions and albums then i'd prefer they start with the period between 1968 and 1971 then 1982 thru 1985

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-06 11:44 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: July 6, 2022 17:31

Would much rather have a live show from1972,or another show from1973or1975 of the sound quality of El Mocambo.In terms of studio stuff,I would rather have alternate takes of released songs,jams, or extended cuts of released material.Like Sophia Loren and Moonlight Milewere supposedly cut down from much longer versions when they were released

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 6, 2022 17:45

Taylor1
Would much rather have a live show from1972,or another show from1973or1975 of the sound quality of El Mocambo.In terms of studio stuff,I would rather have alternate takes of released songs,jams, or extended cuts of released material.Like Sophia Loren and Moonlight Milewere supposedly cut down from much longer versions when they were released

I think that's right. Rather than a deluxe reissue, let's do something a little different. A vault clearout of anything that is listenable, a la the Beatles in the 90s...I forget what those issues were called.

If they were up for it you could still have them 'finish' songs that had good potential but weren't given their due. Anyway, I'd prefer that to a superdeluxe Dirty Work. Even Undercover, which I still love, doesn't need a superdeluxe treatment.

Just give us what's still good and unreleased in a separate set. Oh, and the 'new' album.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 6, 2022 18:07

cool smiley
dcba
Whale
Cooltoplady
mariano

God help us all. No

Between :

Will it ever happen?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 6, 2022 18:42

dcba
Whale
Cooltoplady
mariano

God help us all. No

Between :

Will it ever happen?
Sure. Jagger will add new overdubs in vocal department to make all these sound modern and competitive. Otherwise, there is no need in DW Deluxe.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: July 6, 2022 19:51

If we can't get some good abkco stuff, I wish they'd skip the reissues and just release a comprehensive outtakes collection of all the stuff not previously released. There's probably a fun 2-3 CD set of stuff from 1971 to present.

Date: July 6, 2022 20:53

Lynd8
If we can't get some good abkco stuff, I wish they'd skip the reissues and just release a comprehensive outtakes collection of all the stuff not previously released. There's probably a fun 2-3 CD set of stuff from 1971 to present.

more then 2-3 i would think

plus who knows what wonder lurks in the abcko vaults!winking smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 6, 2022 21:21

I sure hope not . I am still waiting for the deluxe treatment for Dirty Work . Seriously , the way I look at it is that there have to be gems laying around on the cutting room floor that could be fun to listen to . Songs that we think are good enough to release that Mick/ Keith don't . They have surprised us like this before with tracks such as Criss Cross and Plundered My Soul to name 2 .Also I want the deluxe treatment for Emotional Rescue . As the Stones recorded a lot of Material at Pathe Marconi and Compass Point in 78 & 79 . This stuff I think would be killer .

Date: July 6, 2022 21:23

They could just release some brand new material to buy them some time before they scrape the bottom of another barrel.

Date: July 6, 2022 22:11

They wouldn't have to be so specific. Just pull up some good tunes from whatever source they control. Call it More Hot Rarities.

Date: July 6, 2022 22:29

24FPS
They wouldn't have to be so specific. Just pull up some good tunes from whatever source they control. Call it More Hot Rarities.

or "undercover work in paris in the 80's"

for a undercover dirty work focused one

Date: July 6, 2022 22:38

Surprised there hasn't been a full No Filter live set yet...cd, dvd, blu-ray, vinyl, etc...standard, deluxe, super deluxe, etc.
Maybe it's something they'll be putting together for the fall just in time for Christmas. And then there's the SIXTY tour releases to look forward to........
Filled with oldies but goodies...greatest hits...fan favorites...sing alongs...and maybe the one and only new tune Living in a Ghost Town can be included.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 6, 2022 23:06

Hairball
Surprised there hasn't been a full No Filter live set yet...cd, dvd, blu-ray, vinyl, etc...standard, deluxe, super deluxe, etc.
Maybe it's something they'll be putting together for the fall just in time for Christmas. And then there's the SIXTY tour releases to look forward to........
Filled with oldies but goodies...greatest hits...fan favorites...sing alongs...and maybe the one and only new tune Living in a Ghost Town can be included.

Would like to see Miami 2019 get an official release. Was it filmed?

Date: July 6, 2022 23:37

TheGreek
I sure hope not . I am still waiting for the deluxe treatment for Dirty Work . Seriously , the way I look at it is that there have to be gems laying around on the cutting room floor that could be fun to listen to . Songs that we think are good enough to release that Mick/ Keith don't . They have surprised us like this before with tracks such as Criss Cross and Plundered My Soul to name 2 .Also I want the deluxe treatment for Emotional Rescue . As the Stones recorded a lot of Material at Pathe Marconi and Compass Point in 78 & 79 . This stuff I think would be killer .

For me personally, Criss Cross might just be the best thing they've done since Don't Stop. It is by far my favorite track on all of the deluxe editions, and I listen to it multiple times whenever I do here it. The groove is just infectious, and since they practiced it, I really wish they'd bring it out live. And I swear in the video there's a naked woman, but it goes by so damn fast!!!

Date: July 6, 2022 23:47

VoodooLounge13
Hairball

pretty sure they record and film all there shows these days

so yeah i'd be surprised if they didn't

but if they do release it they have to include mercy mercy and harlem shuffle from the same tour as bonus tracks

Date: July 6, 2022 23:58

ProfessorWolf
VoodooLounge13
Hairball

pretty sure they record and film all there shows these days

so yeah i'd be surprised if they didn't

but if they do release it they have to include mercy mercy and harlem shuffle from the same tour as bonus tracks

Well, I only picked Miami, as it's Charlie's last show. The only bonus I'd like is their performance from the COVID concert, where Charlie is playing the air drums......his final performance with the band.

Date: July 6, 2022 23:59

I must admit, I was really hoping for a super deluxe DVD/Blu-Ray of all of their collective videos this year. Hard with the early stuff, I know, but they did manage to pull off Grrr, so it IS possible!!!

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1072
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home