Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Chanel Haynes
Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: December 20, 2023 10:24

Apparently Chanel is on the Stones' 2024 tour

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 20, 2023 11:37

treaclefingers
winos
Maybe they could swap Chuck out for a change as well, I'd love to see Benmont Tench of Petty's band on piano as he did play on HD and other Stones albums.

I like the feeling of them not on autopilot...might be a nice change.

Chuck shared the announcement of the tour on FB so he's probably "in"...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: December 20, 2023 13:43

Good move i think, Sasha was OK but Chanel will bring it up a few notches once she settles in.
I wonder why Sasha was replaced?

Now if only they could replace Chuck to freshen things up even more. winking smiley

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: December 20, 2023 15:00

MonkeyMan2000 This harmonies between Mick and Keith has been there since the sixties,so it,s nothing new there

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 20, 2023 15:45

Good luck to her, I'm sure she'll be fantastic!
Have a great tour y'all...

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: December 20, 2023 16:51

Her voice is great, but as a person ego is higher than Mick's maybe. She was not nice to fans when we met her.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: December 20, 2023 17:45

J-J-Flash
Her voice is great, but as a person ego is higher than Mick's maybe. She was not nice to fans when we met her.

As long as she deliver on stage, that’s what really matters.

Date: December 20, 2023 19:53

Good move, however I found Chanel way to dominant in the recording of I think Tumbling Dice at the Racket.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: December 20, 2023 21:02

I'll miss Sasha, but she had a good run and life in the post-Covid bubble took the enjoyment out of touring for many people in the Stones' camp. She didn't overstay her welcome and will hopefully leverage her Stones work for better opportunities.

As for Chanel - an unusual career move: throwing away her theater career to be a backing singer for a band near the end of its run. Just as long as she and Mick don't think she actually is Tina Turner.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: December 20, 2023 21:38

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Good move, however I found Chanel way to dominant in the recording of I think Tumbling Dice at the Racket.

I agree. Somehow the idea of having to listen to Tina Turner singing backup with every Stones tune doesn't appeal much to me.

Posted by: ARB ()
Date: December 20, 2023 23:15

I didn’t mind her vocals the first few times, but then they started to grate. Weird that they would have her so loud in the mix.

Any chance she will join Sasha and Bernard, ala the ‘89 tour. Or do we know for a fact she replaced Sasha?

Date: December 21, 2023 10:48

J-J-Flash

Who cares about nice, as long as she performs well and enhances the overall sound for Mick I'm happy.
Chanel is a real pro, worthy of touring with the Stones, I'm not interested in her willingness to interact with fans perhaps she was having a bad day.

Do we actually knows Sasha isn't coming along too. ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-21 10:54 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: December 22, 2023 02:53

I hope Sasha is not out, my all time favorite Gimme Shelter is with her, but i welcome Chanel too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-24 15:28 by rebelhipi.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 22, 2023 03:51

I look forward to hearing and seeing Chanel.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: December 22, 2023 08:08

I wonder if Mick will have Chanels volume turned down, i found it curious but telling that Sasha often had her mic turned down on GS. ( Not when singing her solo spot, i mean when she shared the vocals on GS with Mick.)
Just an observation but Mick seemed to tire of her agressive posturing during their duet.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 22, 2023 10:48

Really enjoyed her performance at the Racket club.She is gonna be amazing on the tour.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: December 22, 2023 11:26

MartinB
Apparently Chanel is on the Stones' 2024 tour

[www.dailymail.co.uk]
that would be great, she did a wonderfull job on GS in Milan smiling smiley
she also got kicken out of the Tina musical because of that, so it's nice the stones give her something back smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: December 22, 2023 15:20

Do we sense if there is any chance the stones will take both Sasha and Chanel on tour - both back-up and then one person sings Gimme Shelter and the other sings Sweet Sounds of Heaven? I thought in Milan when the stones had 3 backing singers is sounded really good so would def welcome multiple vocals smiling smiley

Date: December 22, 2023 15:22

Amsterdam 2022 they had 4 backup singers (ex Bernard).

Sounded great.

Date: December 22, 2023 18:32

GJB
Do we sense if there is any chance the stones will take both Sasha and Chanel on tour - both back-up and then one person sings Gimme Shelter and the other sings Sweet Sounds of Heaven? I thought in Milan when the stones had 3 backing singers is sounded really good so would def welcome multiple vocals smiling smiley

Keith said no.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 22, 2023 18:39

Hairball

Imagine...Sasha and Chanel...a double dose...the best of both worlds....dueling solos during Gimme Shelter....winking smiley

Hoping Hairball's best of both worlds scenario plays out.

RIP smileys with beer

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 22, 2023 18:47

keefriffhards
GJB

Keith said no.

Must have missed Keith's quote.. source?

Also must have missed the reason (if one was ever cited) that Sasha missed the Milan show. Did they both essentially lose their jobs that night?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-22 18:48 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 22, 2023 19:17

Per a friend of Chuck's - he's on the tour

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 23, 2023 01:55

Elmo Lewis
Per a friend of Chuck's - he's on the tour

Well hopefully someone else will be musical director this time around!!

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2021
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home