Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Chanel Haynes
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 3, 2022 13:37

PaintMonkeyManBlack
She was hinting at soonething yesterday….

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 3, 2022 13:46

I love, in Matt Lee’s video of Gimme Shelter, after Chanel and Mick are finished on the smaller stage and walking back to the main stage, hand in hand, how Chanel blows some kisses to fans on her right as she is coming back. Then the small smile, head drops a little, then a HUGE smile forms, she shakes her head a little and she mouths “oh my God” as the sheer enormity of her/the performance and the occasion hits. She knows she blew the roof off !! FANTASTIC.

Rod

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 3, 2022 16:56

Lien
gotdablouse
Ericab
Chanel's backstage at Hyde Park now. No sasha tonight?

At 7.53 UK time, seems early ! Who's spotted her ?

On her insta, but that's not at Hyde Park winking smiley

Thanks, it's so annoying when people don't bother to post their source/link...

So here's the link [www.instagram.com] and there's zero to imply it's related to HP2...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-03 16:58 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: July 3, 2022 17:34

bam
I watched Matt Lee's video again. Powerful performance. I liked how Keith was looking up, to see how she was doing, and how happy he was that she performed so well.

A long time ago, GS had an unmatched sense of danger about it. It doesn't always feel that way now. More of the edge, the foreboding, was back with this performance.

Excellent point. I loved Lisa from around B2B forward she sold the sex and danger the song has. I’m not a Sasha fan as I don’t dig her take of of GS it damn Chanel put some heat in that fiery song again and I loved her take on it even with the stage guidance Bernard had to give her etc.

I find it strange some here feel the need to take up for Sasha cause a fan dug another version. Lisa set a high bar as she sold every part of being the female B/U singer to Mick so just that she’s still around should be enuff.

Posted by: Ericab ()
Date: July 3, 2022 18:39

There's literally a post two up from yours showing one of Chanel's instagram hints regarding her performing with them again smiling smiley

Sasha's insta story is quite interesting today *sound on*

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: July 3, 2022 20:39

Chanel's "I'll see you guys soon" Instagram post may simply indicate that she's been invited to attend the gig as a VIP guest of the band.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: July 3, 2022 20:42

Intriguing. I wonder what's going to happen.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 3, 2022 21:11

Maybe Bernard has become ill and Chanel will fill in for him?

Imagine...Sasha and Chanel...a double dose...the best of both worlds....dueling solos during Gimme Shelter....winking smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 3, 2022 21:39

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-03 22:09 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 3, 2022 22:00

This is nuts - have no idea what is going on over there. Hopefully no one is sidelined tonight and they can all be there together. Or perhaps Chanel is a guest on one song?

That latest Instagram story is pretty aweseome. Can't imagine.

Posted by: Ali ()
Date: July 3, 2022 22:32

I think I caught a glimpse of her on the live stream
Solidarity!

Chanel Haynes
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 21, 2023 17:31

can we all agree Chanel is like the 2nd coming of Lisa Fisher....wow.....she's @#$%& amazing!!! MORE CHANEL!!!!

here she is from the other night on TD....wow!
[x.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-22 10:07 by bv.

Re: chanel Hayes
Date: October 21, 2023 17:37

She was very impressive in Milan and she complemented Mick's vocals very well on Angry on Thursday, hope she sticks around !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: October 21, 2023 22:44

Rip This
can we all agree Chanel is like the 2nd coming of Lisa Fisher....wow.....she's @#$%& amazing!!! MORE CHANEL!!!!

[x.com]
I think you mean Chanel Haynes!

Posted by: RG ()
Date: October 21, 2023 23:09

I guess Chanel will replace Sasha Allen during the upcoming tour.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 22, 2023 02:54

Bet they asked Lisa to do the club gig first.
I think Chanel would be a great replacement to Sasha.Unless like can get Lisa back,one always lives in hope.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 22, 2023 08:10

Rip This

[x.com]

Yes I’ll agree. Never liked Sasha. The interaction just isn’t there like it was for years with Lisa. Chanel is a much better fit IMHO

Date: October 22, 2023 09:21

stargroover
I think Chanel would be a great replacement to Sasha.Unless like can get Lisa back,one always lives in hope.
Pretty sure lisa is a closed book

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 22, 2023 09:27

Chanel has a stunning voice but it's just too overpowering as a backing vocalist. Sasha blends in nicely with Bernard and Mick.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: October 22, 2023 10:05

PaintMonkeyManBlack
stargroover

Does anyone know what happened with Lisa?

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: October 22, 2023 13:05

Chanel did great on Gimme Shelter in Milan last year. But from what I can tell from the videos of the Racket show I saw, she didn't blend in well with Mick at all. The phrasing is off. Bernard really mastered the way of singing the harmonies by Keith and Mick while also giving Mick something to fall back on in a case of emergency.
I saw a clip of Whole Wild World and Chanel really sang out of key, not adjusting her phrasing to Mick and throwing him off. No dispute that she is a fantastic solo singer. But singing background in the Rolling Stones, the Rock band with the most delecate backing vocal arrangements, is a different thing.
But of course, she didn't have a lot of rehearsal time and it would be unfair to write her off just based on those videos.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 22, 2023 13:14

MonkeyMan2000
Chanel did great on Gimme Shelter in Milan last year. But from what I can tell from the videos of the Racket show I saw, she didn't blend in well with Mick at all. The phrasing is off. Bernard really mastered the way of singing the harmonies by Keith and Mick while also giving Mick something to fall back on in a case of emergency.
I saw a clip of Whole Wild World and Chanel really sang out of key, not adjusting her phrasing to Mick and throwing him off. No dispute that she is a fantastic solo singer. But singing background in the Rolling Stones, the Rock band with the most delecate backing vocal arrangements, is a different thing.
But of course, she didn't have a lot of rehearsal time and it would be unfair to write her off just based on those videos.

Exactly. Mick's phrasing live varies a lot and Bernard mastered it to observe what Mick does and adjust in real time. It's so incredible that in songs like Street Fighting Man you don't even her him consciously, it rather sounds like a double of Mick's lead. Bernard it really incredible and underrated at his role in the Stones. He's probably the person who is the hardest to replace.

Date: October 22, 2023 13:39

Must admit I never paid much attention to Bernard apart from on songs like Ruby Tuesday maybe, so you're saying he's basically shadowing Mick at all times ? Do you have an example of how that sounds on SFM ?

"I saw a clip of Whole Wild World and Chanel really sang out of key"

Link ?

--------------

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 22, 2023 13:40

strat72
PaintMonkeyManBlack
stargroover

Does anyone know what happened with Lisa?

She wanted to focus on her own band, iirc.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: October 22, 2023 13:52

gotdablouse
Must admit I never paid much attention to Bernard apart from on songs like Ruby Tuesday maybe, so you're saying he's basically shadowing Mick at all times ? Do you have an example of how that sounds on SFM ?

"I saw a clip of Whole Wild World and Chanel really sang out of key"

Link ?

It was on Instagram somewhere, sorry I don't have the time to find it right now.

No no, Bernard doesn't shadow Mick at all times. But he's mastered adjusting his rhythmic delivery to both Mick and Keith (both are very hard to predict phrasing-wise) and is capable of reproducing those unorthodox harmonies you hear on Stones tunes. It's a style that Keith seems ot have developped and from the mid-seventies on Mick did a lot of the backing vocals in the style of Keith, singing a harmony on certain words or short lines only and the choruses, sometimes going over, sometimes under the lead line.

It's a very different job than singing backup in a soul band for example where it is more clear what the melody line is and the main singer just sings over this, quite detached.

In fact on Hackney Diamonds, there's a lot to be learned about backing vocals. Keith does it extremely well on Driving Me Too Hard in the way I discribed above. It's so distinctive. Bernard is one of the few people who could reproduce this very well live. On the other hand, you hear on Tell Me Straight that it's not a two way street. Mick has much more problems blending in with Keith.

BTW: You can almost listen to what ever tune you want from the recent tours and you'll hear what kind of important work Bernard does, if you focus on him.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-22 13:59 by MonkeyMan2000.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: October 23, 2023 06:29

Is Chanel in and Sasha out? What happened to Sasha? I like Chanel, but am just curious what the situation is.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 23, 2023 07:11

BeastyBurdeny
Is Chanel in and Sasha out? What happened to Sasha? I like Chanel, but am just curious what the situation is.

I follow both on instagram. Chanel was with the Stones in NY, and Sasha seems to be at a rehearsal for a theater project. So it looks like your thoughts are correct…

JumpingKentFlash

Chanel Haynes
Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: December 19, 2023 21:44

New for 2024 - thoughts

Posted by: winos ()
Date: December 20, 2023 02:52

Maybe they could swap Chuck out for a change as well, I'd love to see Benmont Tench of Petty's band on piano as he did play on HD and other Stones albums.

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 20, 2023 04:48

winos
Maybe they could swap Chuck out for a change as well, I'd love to see Benmont Tench of Petty's band on piano as he did play on HD and other Stones albums.

I like the feeling of them not on autopilot...might be a nice change.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1863
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home