Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ANYBODY BEEN RIPPED OFF BY TICKETMASTER???
Posted by: VOODOODENTIST ()
Date: November 22, 2005 23:06

A few months ago trying to geyt MSG ticket I punched in $179 price X 4 and only to find out later my card was charged $450!!!! X 4!!!!

I have tried to contact the heirarchy at TM by certified mail 3X and they IGNORE me!
Basically they say...We can make a mistake but are NEVER liable!
Any lawyers out there who can help me???

Ticketmaster has basically RIPPED ME OFF..and laughing about it

Any HELP is appreciated!

Re: ANYBODY BEEN RIPPED OFF BY TICKETMASTER???
Posted by: stonesctl ()
Date: November 22, 2005 23:23

Ticketmaster sucks on many levels.

I've tried to get tickets to several shows and this following scenario happened to me twice...

I got through quickly and had GA!!!! tickets for Springsteen and U2...

as I finalized the transaction and hit enter... a window popped up saying that there was an error. A$$HOLES!

On your problem Voodoo,
If you went through each step with each window saying it was 179 dollar tickets, you probably got an email showing you got 4 tix for 179 each.
Make a copy of that along with a copy of your credit card bill reflecting the charge and send a letter to ticketmaster with the copies to show them.

If however, for some strange reason, the windows reflected the 450 dollar tickets... you might have accidentally chosen the 450 even though you meant to hit 179...

I wish you luck, either way. Someone should break-up this antitrust operation.
(note: do not take this as legal advice!!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-22 23:25 by stonesctl.

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: November 22, 2005 23:24

There must be some rules regarding this. Contact VISA or the one you use.

Most important: They hope you'll just accept this. DON'T!!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 22, 2005 23:33

yeah i ordered who tickets and they processed it twice! i had to get rid of 2 tickets because they f-ed up!

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: November 22, 2005 23:40

Different type of experience but still has to do with Ticketmaster. When Stones tickets first went on sale for A Bigger Bang I called up Ticketmaster and tried to order tickets, they told me I needed to go to a store that sells them. I then asked them where the closest location was to me. They told me at a mall that was about an hour away from me. So I woke up early drove there and was the first person there when the store opened. Then the guy told me they were not selling Stones tickets and that I needed to go to another place, which happened to be about 10 minutes from my house. I asked the person at Ticketmaster specifically if this place was selling tickets and he said no, which is why I drove to the mall. In the end I never got tickets to the show.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: November 22, 2005 23:51

That's why I buy ticketb*stard with amex; they give you purchase protection insurance. I say let amex and tm fight it out and leave me out of it.

And by the way . . . we've all been ripped off by tm, have you seen those "convenience" charges? Larceny.

Posted by: R ()
Date: November 22, 2005 23:51

I've used T'master on-line for eons and never had a problem. They've been prompt about refunding when shows were cancelled or rescheduled. It's quite easy to hit the wrong window in one's haste to grab tix on-line. Perhaps this was the fellow's problem. He didn't mention if he received the high priced tickets for his $450 per or the mid-level ones.

A suggestion would be to buy your tickets with American Express as they are VERY GOOD about taking the customers side in disputes like those described here.

Date: November 23, 2005 00:12

Anyone buy with the ticketfast option before? I just did, yesterday, and I'm still waiting for them to send me the pdf file. How long could that take?

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 23, 2005 00:45

Everyone who ever uses ticketmaster is automatically ripped by convenience charges. It's the most annoying monopoly i've ever had to deal with and you're stuck with it if you want to go any shows. I know you can go to the box office on the morning of sales but its an unreliable system. the biggest new ripoff is the charge to have 'ticketfast' tickets. They charge YOU to print them off using YOUR paper and YOUR ink. How they get away with such robbery is beyond me.

Posted by: bat _outta_hell ()
Date: November 23, 2005 00:51

VOODOO__I know with AMEX, they will go to bat for you...and put the charge in a holding pattern, until its resolved.
Master Card and Visa, Im not sure

good luck!

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: November 23, 2005 01:39

Yeah, what's a "convenience charge"???? What the hell does that mean?

We are going to NYC in a couple of weeks and want to go to the BB King Blues Club Sunday Gospel Brunch in Times Square. The tickets are $35.00. Expensive, but Ticketmaster adds a $7.00 "convenience charge" to the price. That's a 20% surcharge!! We'll just get them at the door. If it's sold out, so be it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 23, 2005 03:09

I had two or three instances when trying to buy $179 tickets for both MSG shows in Jan'06 that when I went to purchase them, on reading the summary, they were charging me $454 a ticket for tickets which were DEFINITELY originally offered to me for $179. I re-selected other seats and eventually got what I wanted but I did hear of others having the same problem. Luckily I just checked the amount I was being billed before clicking to process the order and noticed the discrepancy

That MIGHT be what happened to you. It seems some $454 seats were erroneously offered for $179 but when it came to paying for them, the price was what it should have been.

I hope you get lucky. I think its damnedable to try and absolve themselves of any blame in such a way. Its not like these tickets are cheap and you're only out by about $20 or so.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 23, 2005 03:16

flairville Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Everyone who ever uses ticketmaster is
> automatically ripped by convenience charges. It's
> the most annoying monopoly i've ever had to deal
> with and you're stuck with it if you want to go
> any shows. I know you can go to the box office on
> the morning of sales but its an unreliable system.
> the biggest new ripoff is the charge to have
> 'ticketfast' tickets. They charge YOU to print
> them off using YOUR paper and YOUR ink. How they
> get away with such robbery is beyond me.

They get away with it because people pay it. Don't use Ticketmaster to buy your tickets and you wont have anything to whine about. In the off chance I feel compelled to use TM to buy tickets, I feel its a hell of a convenience and don't mind paying it.

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: November 23, 2005 06:53

camper88 Wrote:
> Anyone buy with the ticketfast option before? I
> just did, yesterday, and I'm still waiting for
> them to send me the pdf file. How long could that
> take?
>
>

Yo dude...

I've used Ticketfast for probably at least a half dozen shows, including the Milwaukee show of the current Stones tour...

I've always got the ticket file within a few minutes of the order...

They send you a confirmation e-mail w/o the attachment file, then they follow up with an e-mail with the attachment.

What MAY have happened is that your mail server considered the e-mail to be spam... just a thought.

Further to the original poster's dilemma: It would be a great idea to take SCREEN CAPTURES of each screen as they pop up for you... the original screen showing the ticket seat numbers and prices, then the final billing and confirm screens...

So no matter what happens with an erroneous charge to your card, those screen caps are just irrefutable proof you were billed incorrectly.

IMO, Visa may "support" Ticketmaster as far as "a purchase is final", but I'd be real doubtful that they support Ticketmaster that "an erroneous price is final" IF you can prove it.

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Date: November 23, 2005 06:55

BornOnTheBayou Wrote:
> camper88 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Anyone buy with the ticketfast option before?
> I
> > just did, yesterday, and I'm still waiting
> for
> > them to send me the pdf file. How long could
> that
> > take?
> >
> >
>
>
> Yo dude...
>
> I've used Ticketfast for probably at least a half
> dozen shows, including the Milwaukee show of the
> current Stones tour...
>
> I've always got the ticket file within a few
> minutes of the order...
>
> They send you a confirmation e-mail w/o the
> attachment file, then they follow up with an
> e-mail with the attachment.
>
> What MAY have happened is that your mail server
> considered the e-mail to be spam... just a
> thought.
>
> Further to the original poster's dilemma: It
> would be a great idea to take SCREEN CAPTURES of
> each screen as they pop up for you... the original
> screen showing the ticket seat numbers and prices,
> then the final billing and confirm screens...
>
> So no matter what happens with an erroneous charge
> to your card, those screen caps are just
> irrefutable proof you were billed incorrectly.
>
> IMO, Visa may "support" Ticketmaster as far as "a
> purchase is final", but I'd be real doubtful that
> they support Ticketmaster that "an erroneous price
> is final" IF you can prove it.
>
>
> "It's just that demon life has got me in it's
> sway..."

Thanks for the info on ticketfast. I also subscribe to the screen capture idea. I do that with any online transactions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1150
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home