Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Record Store Day 2023
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 26, 2023 23:25

frankotero

Yes, could be a planned design but the final product is different.

The final product looks more or less similar to how it was advertised by ABKCO - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 27, 2023 10:38

Tried for Vintage Winos. Missed out. Bugga.

Rod

Date: April 27, 2023 11:00

bitusa2012

Tried for Vintage Winos. Missed out.

Try again on eBay.com .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-27 11:05 by Irix.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 27, 2023 15:03

I was able to sell my Billy Joel album on ebay. As much as it's an interesting release, and if not for buying a house, I would have kept it, but I was focused on 3 albums only, and that was a splurge that I really couldn't do at the moment. That $50 can be put to better use on something I need for the house. I'm quite happy it sold so quickly!!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 27, 2023 21:09

VoodooLounge13
I was able to sell my Billy Joel album on ebay. As much as it's an interesting release, and if not for buying a house, I would have kept it, but I was focused on 3 albums only, and that was a splurge that I really couldn't do at the moment. That $50 can be put to better use on something I need for the house. I'm quite happy it sold so quickly!!!

Put it this way, if you had to buy a piano for the house, it could cost several thousand dollars.

On the other hand, Piano Man only costs you $50. It's like you're making money!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 27, 2023 21:14

Hey, I'm having difficulty myself to justify buying anymore of these outrageous releases. Actually been that way for a long time. Trying not let bad vibes/agenda enjoy my love of music is starting to be a challenge. We Didn't Start The Fire, well said Billy!

Date: April 27, 2023 21:39

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

Put it this way, if you had to buy a piano for the house, it could cost several thousand dollars.

Being able to have my own house that no woman is ever going to tell me to get the F out of again, and the peace and tranquility of planting my own garden, picking apples, cherries, grapes, blueberries, raspberries, and almonds off of my own trees and bushes, all while looking out over the Hudson River and across at the mountains is priceless. I have all of the Piano Man's albums (studio at least - missing some live albums), and it's gonna be very much a paycheck to paycheck thing and might even include a PT job on the side as well just to save up a lil bit extra until my middle child drops off the court-ordered payroll in '25, but it's sooooooooooooo going to be worth it!!!! Life in the Adirondacks just can NOT be measured in money or physical possessions!!!

If not for the guy I'd gotten talking to whilst standing in line on RSD, who handed me the Billy Joel album, I most likely would not have gotten it, as I know what I NEED to buy at the moment. For the first time in decades, my shopping mantra has changed from "It's not a question of need, but rather a matter of want," to It's not a question of want, but rather a matter of need."

I have to have the kitchen sink repaired - there's a leak. Both chimney's need $6K in repairs, and I need a fridge and a lawn mower, so yeah, there's no extra money for the Piano Man these days. LOL

This was my last splurge on our boys as well. As I'd said on another thread, as much as I'm saddened that they're not touring this year, at least it saves me the disappointment of not having to miss another tour!!

Date: April 27, 2023 21:40

frankotero
Hey, I'm having difficulty myself to justify buying anymore of these outrageous releases. Actually been that way for a long time. Trying not let bad vibes/agenda enjoy my love of music is starting to be a challenge. We Didn't Start The Fire, well said Billy!

It was quite shocking just how expensive all of the records were on RSD. Now granted they were all 2LP's but still. And I was going to pass on BB when I first saw that it was going to be a RSD release, but that all changed once I saw the record! LOL

Date: April 27, 2023 21:46

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

Being able to have my own house that no woman is ever going to tell me to get the F out of again, and the peace and tranquility of planting my own garden, picking apples, cherries, grapes, blueberries, raspberries, and almonds off of my own trees and bushes, all while looking out over the Hudson River and across at the mountains is priceless. I have all of the Piano Man's albums (studio at least - missing some live albums), and it's gonna be very much a paycheck to paycheck thing and might even include a PT job on the side as well just to save up a lil bit extra until my middle child drops off the court-ordered payroll in '25, but it's sooooooooooooo going to be worth it!!!! Life in the Adirondacks just can NOT be measured in money or physical possessions!!!

If not for the guy I'd gotten talking to whilst standing in line on RSD, who handed me the Billy Joel album, I most likely would not have gotten it, as I know what I NEED to buy at the moment. For the first time in decades, my shopping mantra has changed from "It's not a question of need, but rather a matter of want," to It's not a question of want, but rather a matter of need."

I have to have the kitchen sink repaired - there's a leak. Both chimney's need $6K in repairs, and I need a fridge and a lawn mower, so yeah, there's no extra money for the Piano Man these days. LOL

This was my last splurge on our boys as well. As I'd said on another thread, as much as I'm saddened that they're not touring this year, at least it saves me the disappointment of not having to miss another tour!!

I hear you man, more power to you. I was obviously joking as well. Yeah, the prices have gotten a bit outrageous. I don't think it's sustainable...might move people to forgo the hobby altogether. Greed is good, until it's not.

Date: April 27, 2023 21:56

Yes, I know you were, treacle. It's just a really sore spot for me still. I woulda never remarried if I'd thought there'd ever be a chance to end up divorced again. Thought I'd done it all right the second time, but apparently not. The toxic relationship has really damaged me. I'm honestly not sure that I'll ever fully recover from it. There was so much physical, verbal, emotional, mental abuse that I just have nothing left to offer another potential suitor. Nor can I even be bothered to put in the effort to get to know someone and get close to someone again. I'm content with my new house, on which I close next Wednesday, and my pup.

Not to mention trying to explain to someone why I'm estranged from both sides of my family. It's just not worth it. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm most likely going to die old and alone. If I'm lucky maybe I'll keel over while hiking one of the many mountains I am always exploring!! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-27 22:00 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 27, 2023 22:02

Best of luck with the future Voodoo .... time heals

stay safe

ROCKMAN

Date: April 27, 2023 22:12

Geez man (voodoolounge13). Best of luck pressing on. Kind of hate to say it but the older we get the harder it gets too. Anyhow, I hope you have a little refuge here on IORR and enjoy some music and it gets you through. Wish I had some wisdom to help. Good karma to you.

Date: April 27, 2023 23:19

Thank you.

Yes, IORR, and the Stones themselves, have always been my refuge. The soundtrack to my - and most of us - life, and there is a song for every emotion and moment to help one thru. And while I know I take a bashing for some of my favorites - albums and songs - I know we do all share a love and passion here, and for the most part, it's mostly - most of the time - a judgement free zone.

This will be the view from my house in the Adirondacks...

The whole home buying process has been painful every damn step of the way, and I'm amazed that it's actually happening now. I have huge plans for the house once my kids drop off the payroll, and I'm just a little over 3.5 years from being completely free and clear.

Date: April 28, 2023 08:07

Looks like a great place to live. Enjoy!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 28, 2023 14:38

Beautiful view, Voodoo!

Date: April 28, 2023 16:16

Once you get it fixed up you'll have to have us over to play records!

Date: April 28, 2023 16:24

Thanks! I'm looking forward to playing Winter as next season's first flakes fall! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: April 28, 2023 18:10

My beggars banquet arrived today (missed out at weekend but managed to get online when stuff was released 8pm monday UK time). Fine looking disc (mine was the german pressing, very similar to abko pics here)

[www.abkco.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-28 18:10 by yorkshirestone.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 2, 2023 21:37

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 2, 2023 22:05

Cristiano Radtke

[recordstoreday.com]

Oh, wow

Re: Record Store Day - Stones related releases
Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: October 3, 2023 01:25

...and Faces "Had Me A Real Good Time… With Faces! In Session & Live at the BBC 1971-1973"

A new double LP Faces title featuring a previously-unreleased performance from John Peel’s Sunday Concert. The show, recorded on May 13, 1971 and broadcast May 23, featured the classic Faces lineup of Rod Stewart on vocals, Ron Wood on guitar/vocals, Ronnie Lane and bass/vocals, Ian McLagan on keyboards/ vocals and Kenney Jones on drums.

Tracks 1-4 from Sounds Of The Seventies, recorded April 20, 1970, broadcast May 3, 1971
Exclusive stereo versions

Side 1
1. HAD ME A REAL GOOD TIME (BBC Stereo Session) [5:04] (Rod Stewart/Ronnie Lane/Ron Wood)
2. LOVE IN VAIN (BBC Stereo Session) [6:50] (Robert Johnson)
3. OH LORD I’M BROWNED OFF (BBC Stereo Session) [4:32] (Kenney Jones/Ronnie Lane/Ian McLagan/Ron Wood)
4. MAYBE I’M AMAZED (BBC Stereo Session) [5:13] (Paul McCartney)

Side 2
1. IT’S ALL OVER NOW (BBC Live Version) [5:32] (Bobby Womack/Shirley Jean Womack) From John Peel’s Sunday Concert, recorded May 13, 1971, broadcast May 23, 1971
2. TOO MUCH WOMAN (FOR A HENPECKED MAN)/STREET FIGHTING MAN (BBC Live Version) [6:41] (Ike Turner)/(Mick Jagger/Keith Richards) From Sounds For Saturday: The Music Of The Faces (BBC TV), recorded October 26, 1971, broadcast April 1, 1972
3. TWISTIN’ THE NIGHT AWAY (BBC Live Version) [4:58] (Sam Cooke) From In Concert, recorded March 29, 1973, broadcast April 21, 1973
4. (I KNOW) I’M LOSING YOU (BBC Live Version) [6:27] (Norman Whitfield/Cornelius Grant/Eddie Holland)

[recordstoreday.com]

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 3, 2023 04:06

smoking smiley

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: October 3, 2023 17:11

Ricky
...and Faces "Had Me A Real Good Time… With Faces! In Session & Live at the BBC 1971-1973"

A new double LP Faces title featuring a previously-unreleased performance from John Peel’s Sunday Concert. The show, recorded on May 13, 1971 and broadcast May 23, featured the classic Faces lineup of Rod Stewart on vocals, Ron Wood on guitar/vocals, Ronnie Lane and bass/vocals, Ian McLagan on keyboards/ vocals and Kenney Jones on drums.

Tracks 1-4 from Sounds Of The Seventies, recorded April 20, 1970, broadcast May 3, 1971

Side 1
1. HAD ME A REAL GOOD TIME (BBC Stereo Session) [5:04] (Rod Stewart/Ronnie Lane/Ron Wood)
3. OH LORD I’M BROWNED OFF (BBC Stereo Session) [4:32] (Kenney Jones/Ronnie Lane/Ian McLagan/Ron Wood)

Side 2
1. IT’S ALL OVER NOW (BBC Live Version) [5:32] (Bobby Womack/Shirley Jean Womack) From John Peel’s Sunday Concert, recorded May 13, 1971, broadcast May 23, 1971
2. TOO MUCH WOMAN (FOR A HENPECKED MAN)/STREET FIGHTING MAN (BBC Live Version) [6:41] (Ike Turner)/(Mick Jagger/Keith Richards) From Sounds For Saturday: The Music Of The Faces (BBC TV), recorded October 26, 1971, broadcast April 1, 1972
3. TWISTIN’ THE NIGHT AWAY (BBC Live Version) [4:58] (Sam Cooke) From In Concert, recorded March 29, 1973, broadcast April 21, 1973
4. (I KNOW) I’M LOSING YOU (BBC Live Version) [6:27] (Norman Whitfield/Cornelius Grant/Eddie Holland)

[recordstoreday.com]

Can anyone tell me if this concert is online? I'd like to 'try before I buy.'

Thank you,
Exile Stones

Date: October 4, 2023 16:20

Looking forward to the Scratch-Keef 12-inch!

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: October 4, 2023 17:28

exilestones
Ricky

Side 1

Side 2

[recordstoreday.com]

Can anyone tell me if this concert is online? I'd like to 'try before I buy.'

Thank you,
Exile Stones

I think everything here has been officially released before on various compilations or box sets except Twistin' The Night Away. Note that this is not a single concert but a series of tracks taken from different BBC sources. Sound should be good throughout, performances are excellent.

This might be a taster for the long-rumoured Faces at the BBC box set

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: October 4, 2023 21:06

Is there a "second" record store day on black friday (the day after Thanksgiving)?

Date: October 4, 2023 21:36

Mr. Jimi
Is there a "second" record store day on black friday (the day after Thanksgiving)?

Yes, there has been for a few years now.

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: October 8, 2023 11:14

Thanks a lot for the information and the links! The list has been updated accordingly.

The information regarding the FACES release is, however, not correct:

- The tracks on Side 1 were recorded on April 20, 1971;
- and it is obviously not a double LP.

Date: October 8, 2023 11:25

Mr. Jimi

Yes, RSD Black Friday, 24-Nov-2023. US-Releases: RecordStoreDay - (PDF). Search list - [RecordStoreDay.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-08 11:35 by Irix.

Re: Record Store Day - List of all (?) RS related releases
Date: December 19, 2023 14:54

Honestman
Norbert
Here's a list of all the RSD releases with the Stones or with (former) members that I know of - can you add anything?

Yes

see here

Early Tracks

More hard to get the orange splatter version

Orange Splatter

This doesn't seem to be an official release either, based on the label. So, there are boot's that are officially allowed to be released on RSD? I've only ever paid attention to the official, I guess santioned, items......

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home