Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Record Store Day - Stones related releases
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 21, 2023 03:27

Found me a copy of The Rolling Stones EP from several years ago still sealed and from Amazon Japan relatively cheap! Pretty psyched about that find!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 21, 2023 04:35

Yeah which one psyched ya Voodooooooeeee ??????

Pleeeeeze post a shot of it .....

ROCKMAN

Date: December 21, 2023 07:09

This one, Rock. Shoulda specified. My apologies!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-21 14:51 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: December 21, 2023 07:25

AAHHhhh yeah gotta couple of those around somewhere ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 21, 2023 07:40

VoodooLounge13
Found me a copy of The Rolling Stones EP from several years ago still sealed and from Amazon Japan relatively cheap! Pretty psyched about that find!!

I think there was also a 12x5 and Got Live RSD at some point in the last 10 years, I think I have those too.

Date: December 21, 2023 09:42

Hey yeah treacle... thats right .... have them too ....

ROCKMAN

Date: December 21, 2023 14:52

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

I think there was also a 12x5 and Got Live RSD at some point in the last 10 years, I think I have those too.

There was the 5x5. Didn't know about these 2 though. Don't recall seeing them on the RSD list either, but I might have overlooked them. I do have some RSD holes in the collection. Think I only have 1 of the Keef double cassette tape releases and would have to go thru my boxes to determine which that is.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 21, 2023 15:40

Hoping there's something nice coming next RSD, considering the new album and tour.

Date: December 21, 2023 16:20

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

There was the 5x5. Didn't know about these 2 though. Don't recall seeing them on the RSD list either, but I might have overlooked them. I do have some RSD holes in the collection. Think I only have 1 of the Keef double cassette tape releases and would have to go thru my boxes to determine which that is.

yeah, meant 5x5.

Though there was a 12x5 clear vinyl as part of that clear vinyl series, but that wasn't RSD.

Off topic, that Clear vinyl series stopped after I think it was 6 albums for some reason, probably poor sales. 12x5, Beggar's, Let It Bleed, GYYYO, Hot Rocks, Through The Past Darkly. Anyone else get those?

Posted by: Jalfstra ()
Date: December 21, 2023 16:26

A yellow or brown Hackney Diamonds would be nice eh? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Kidding, I hope this time they will come up with something truely special. Not just another colored classic album or compilation.

Date: December 21, 2023 16:43

Jalfstra
A yellow or brown Hackney Diamonds would be nice eh? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Kidding, I hope this time they will come up with something truely special. Not just another colored classic album or compilation.

If they want something very collectable for the next RSD, they'd do a vinyl release of the Racket Club show. People would go insane for that.

Date: December 21, 2023 18:30

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

yeah, meant 5x5.

Though there was a 12x5 clear vinyl as part of that clear vinyl series, but that wasn't RSD.

Off topic, that Clear vinyl series stopped after I think it was 6 albums for some reason, probably poor sales. 12x5, Beggar's, Let It Bleed, GYYYO, Hot Rocks, Through The Past Darkly. Anyone else get those?

This is news to me! What is this defunct series??

Date: December 21, 2023 19:31

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

yeah, meant 5x5.

I think it was called "Clearly Classic"

[www.discogs.com]

That's one example. I believe they weren't able to sell as many as they hoped, and stopped issuing them. They released 2 batches of 3 albums. I forget the order they released them in. I saw, a time later, these same albums getting sold in a frame for several hundred $$'s. Like some ABKCO marketing geeks trying to find ways to move old product to unsuspecting fans. Anyway, they're kinda cool.

Re: Record Store Day - List of all (?) RS related releases
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: December 21, 2023 20:50

VoodooLounge13
Honestman
Norbert
Here's a list of all the RSD releases with the Stones or with (former) members that I know of - can you add anything?

Yes

see here

Early Tracks

More hard to get the orange splatter version

Orange Splatter

This doesn't seem to be an official release either, based on the label. So, there are boot's that are officially allowed to be released on RSD? I've only ever paid attention to the official, I guess santioned, items......

Well I would say you're right and wrong.
It was available for free in some Canadian Stores only for the RSD.
It really look like a genuine RSD release but looking more closely to it, there's no mention of ABKCO, ain't it strange ?... guess the grey market is not that far.

HMN

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: December 21, 2023 23:39

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

yeah, meant 5x5.

I think it was called "Clearly Classic"

[www.discogs.com]

That's one example. I believe they weren't able to sell as many as they hoped, and stopped issuing them. They released 2 batches of 3 albums. I forget the order they released them in. I saw, a time later, these same albums getting sold in a frame for several hundred $$'s. Like some ABKCO marketing geeks trying to find ways to move old product to unsuspecting fans. Anyway, they're kinda cool.

The complete (6 titles) collection:
[www.discogs.com]

Date: December 22, 2023 00:45

Thanks Ricky!

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: December 22, 2023 23:15

VoodooLounge13
Thanks Ricky!

You're welcome. This collection was very attractive. Three titles came out in May 2013 and the next three in May 2014. Logically I expected the next three in May 2015, but it ended unexpectedly.

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: February 16, 2024 11:16

Don't forget Ronnie with the Faces and Keith!

[recordstoreday.co.uk]

[recordstoreday.co.uk]

RSD 2024
Date: February 16, 2024 07:59

List is out.

RSD

Little disappointed this year.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: February 16, 2024 23:43

At my local store I ordered the two Stones LP's and the James Bond picture disc of "The Man with the Golden Gun" sung by Lulu.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 17, 2024 00:15

The G Love one and Meat Puppets live look enticing.

Date: February 17, 2024 00:46

Norbert
Don't forget Ronnie with the Faces and Keith!

[recordstoreday.co.uk]

[recordstoreday.co.uk]

Hang on, Keith covers Lou Reed?! This could be freakin' awesome!

Date: February 17, 2024 01:20

Which Reed track .....
Waitin For My Man....Heroin ..Pale Blue Eyes .... cool it Down ???????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 17, 2024 12:00

Rockman

Which Reed track .....

Keith Richards - I'm Waiting for the Man - [iorr.org] , [RecordStoreDay.com] :

"A Tribute to Lou Reed kicks off with a legend in his own right, Keith Richards, reimagining the Velvets’ classic, 'I’m Waiting for the Man'. Richards’ rendition instantly invites you on board this unforgettable ride".
" 'To me, Lou stood out. The real deal! Something important to American music and to ALL MUSIC! I miss him and his dog'. - Keith Richards."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-17 12:10 by Irix.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 17, 2024 18:14

smoking smiley

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: February 18, 2024 13:09

Little Richard, Right Now (rec. 1973, rel. 1974)
Great, but often overlooked album, produced by Robert "Bumps" Blackwell. Timeless, rootsy sound. First re-release on vinyl since the late 1970s. Now with updated artwork, remastered etc.

Here's an excerpt from an old vinyl rip of the original: [www.youtube.com]

The Best Of The Wailers (rec. 1970, rel. 1971)
Despite the title this is not a "Best Of"-compilation, but Bob Marley & The Wailers' second album, recorded before they started to work with Lee Perry. First re-release on vinyl with original artwork. The album presents the band in their rocksteady phase and as such is an important link between the early ska recordings and the reggae albums that followed. Remastered etc.

Here's an excerpt from an old vinyl rip of the original: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-18 13:14 by MrEcho.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 20, 2024 04:41

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 20, 2024 19:57

Picked up the Stones release and also Sister Rosetta Tharpe live in Limoges and Howlin’ Wolf live in Bremen.. The Sister is on my turntable right now, great guitar

Date: April 20, 2024 21:21

snoopy2
Picked up the Stones release and also Sister Rosetta Tharpe live in Limoges and Howlin’ Wolf live in Bremen.. The Sister is on my turntable right now, great guitar

Like a sniper...gott'em both this morning!

Posted by: sotob ()
Date: April 20, 2024 21:49

I got

Ramones
Bowie
T. Rex
Howling Wolf

Pretty good for a Saturday!!

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1945
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home