Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17
Re: Liverpool UK 09-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 10, 2022 20:43

keefriffhards
Silver Dagger
Anyone else notice that 19th Nervous Breakdown was a car crash last night? Mick began singing a verse while Keith and Ronnie were still playing the middle 8.

Micks tiny mistake that lasted a few seconds can hardly be described as a car crash. Doublespeak or what. eye rolling smiley

Indeed. Those are exactly the things I go to the show for. Ronnie and Steve had a good laugh about that one.
Syrel

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 10, 2022 21:11

A great gig all things considered. The sound was below par on the first 6 songs, but got better after YCAGWYW. Very muddy, too much bass, low guitars. Couldn't hear Keith at all on Tumbling Dice. Maybe it was my position in the golden circle, but I suspect people in the stands had it worse: the massive roof over Main Stand must have created an echo nightmare for many in the nosebleeds. But the sound got better and Keith was LOUD and clear on Honky Tonk Women and for the rest of the show. The crowd was great, especially in the 2nd half with Paint it Black, Start Me Up etc. A rare great moment with You'll Never Walk Alone before the encores.

When all is said and done, the most impressive thing, as usual, is Mick Jagger. The energy, confidence and quality he shows on stage is beyond belief when you think about the fact that he is approaching 80 years of age. He owned the crowd from the moment he entered the stage. There's no one like him in history.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 10, 2022 21:15

The glorious Midnight Rambler

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 10, 2022 21:19

Thank you Silver, Midnight Rambler was magic.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 10, 2022 21:40

Silver Dagger
Anyone else notice that 19th Nervous Breakdown was a car crash last night? Mick began singing a verse while Keith and Ronnie were still playing the middle 8.

Usually it's Keith making all the mistakes these days, but even the mighty Mick Jagger is not immune to the occasional blunder.
But Mick has a better way of recovering from it though as if nothing happened, whereas Keith doesn't really care how bad it is..."shit happens"...

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 10, 2022 21:51

Silver Dagger
The glorious Midnight Rambler

Oh wow that was mindblowingly good, they turned the clock back on that one. Mick really got into it, "knife sharpened tippie-toe" haha worth the admission price for Rambler alone., Ronnie is back, amazing, he knows the Stones playing live is his best medicine.smoking smiley

Thank you for the clip Silver Dagger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-10 21:59 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: shack1 ()
Date: June 10, 2022 21:53

Agreed re the sound. I was on pitch GA to the left. I was trying to enjoy the show but really disappointed and hoping the sound would sort itself and hey presto it did ! The volume definitely increased but it was clear as day and the guitars were ripping through.
Ended up as being my favourite Stones show despite a not great view from GA.

Date: June 10, 2022 21:56

Hairball
Silver Dagger

Usually it's Keith making all the mistakes these days, but even the mighty Mick Jagger is not immune to the occasional blunder.
But Mick has a better way of recovering from it though as if nothing happened, whereas Keith doesn't really care how bad it is..."shit happens"...

Mick sings, it's a bit more difficult for a guitarist to recover as he is tied in with the band.

Keith said shit happens because his guitar didn't work, not because he doesn't care.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 10, 2022 22:01

The Worst.
A great gig all things considered. The sound was below par on the first 6 songs, but got better after YCAGWYW. Very muddy, too much bass, low guitars. Couldn't hear Keith at all on Tumbling Dice. Maybe it was my position in the golden circle, but I suspect people in the stands had it worse: the massive roof over Main Stand must have created an echo nightmare for many in the nosebleeds. But the sound got better and Keith was LOUD and clear on Honky Tonk Women and for the rest of the show. The crowd was great, especially in the 2nd half with Paint it Black, Start Me Up etc. A rare great moment with You'll Never Walk Alone before the encores.

When all is said and done, the most impressive thing, as usual, is Mick Jagger. The energy, confidence and quality he shows on stage is beyond belief when you think about the fact that he is approaching 80 years of age. He owned the crowd from the moment he entered the stage. There's no one like him in history.

Yes I totally agree - Mick is pure class. The energy and effort that he puts in to deliver the best performance is just out of this world - and he keeps getting better and better. I think his singing on this tour is amazing as well. I also agree about the sound last night - it was a bit muddy to begin with but it got sorted out. The only thing I would say is that it would have been great if it were a bit louder (but that’s just because I like it really loud). I especially loved it in songs like JJF where they turn Keith’s guitar up.

Date: June 10, 2022 22:09

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 10, 2022 22:19

shack1
Agreed re the sound. I was on pitch GA to the left. I was trying to enjoy the show but really disappointed and hoping the sound would sort itself and hey presto it did ! The volume definitely increased but it was clear as day and the guitars were ripping through.
Ended up as being my favourite Stones show despite a not great view from GA.

I was in the stand to left and sound was v quiet fir first few songs. Started feeling bass through my legs during 19th tho and loud and clear after that
I really enjoyed this my 18th gig since 1990
Hyde park next!

Re: Liverpool UK 09-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 10, 2022 22:22

StonedRambler
What's that thing sticking out of his trousers?

Assume you mean on his hip...
I think that's the transmitter for a wireless mic.

Date: June 10, 2022 22:26

Paint It Black -

Date: June 10, 2022 22:32

Full length Connection with a good ending this time. At the beginning he wasn't getting a live feed to his guitar. Keith says shit happens you know with me.
CONNECTION
[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 10, 2022 22:35

StonedRambler

Evil tongues would say: 'tiny t*dger' .... winking smiley

But seriously: nothing is sticking out - it's an optical illusion. Mick's skin appears in a split at the end of his shirts. Compare it in this picture.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 10, 2022 22:40

Irix
StonedRambler

Evil tongues would say: 'tiny t*dger' .... winking smiley

But seriously: nothing is sticking out - it's an optical illusion. Mick's skin appears in a split at the end of his shirts. Compare it in this picture.
Thanks Irix, you were the only one who saw it too grinning smiley
Yep that's what I was assuming too, otherwise there would have been big headlines today

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 10, 2022 23:07

keefriffhards
Hairball
Silver Dagger

Mick sings, it's a bit more difficult for a guitarist to recover as he is tied in with the band.

Keith said shit happens because his guitar didn't work, not because he doesn't care.

That's the excuse I always use when my guitar playing sounds poorly executed.

"Guitar doesn't work luv, don't blame me".

And of course she replies, "that's why he said".

Posted by: Ali ()
Date: June 10, 2022 23:34

Justin
So far the best JJF of the tour.

video: [www.youtube.com]

And the best Sasha giving it laldy (hugely enthusiastic) and captured for posterity at around three minutes.
That was one of many highlights.

I was equally as taken by Steve Jordan's hypnotic, swirling, driving rhythm.
As difficult as it is to take your eyes of the truly remarkable Jagger, checking out the others brought me huge joy.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 10, 2022 23:50

Best show ever IMO.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 11, 2022 00:06

powerage78
Best show ever IMO.

Agree. This is the best concert they gave yet. Until the next one.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 11, 2022 00:27

From the videos, the crowd did not look as enthusiastic as Spain or Germany. At least early in the show. Maybe the daylight was a downer. It seemed to lack energy.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 11, 2022 00:42

Last doubts I might have had about Sasha Allen just vanished as I saw her getting off on JJF. She seems more like a fan than some fans

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: June 11, 2022 00:51

Nikkei
Last doubts I might have had about Sasha Allen just vanished as I saw her getting off on JJF. She seems more like a fan than some fans

hot smiley. smiling bouncing smiley

Really cool to see her this into the tune!

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: June 11, 2022 00:53

I actually hadn’t got high hopes for this one , but goodness what a fabulous night.
There was actually a brilliant crowd - doesn’t come out in the videos but you could tell from the middle of opening number ( SFM such a great opener imperfections or not) that there was a really good connection between band and audience.
Charlie is much missed - no getting away from it - but SJ does add a different ooomph to some numbers.

For all the minor screw ups, Keith seemed much more alive and engaged compared to. when I last saw the band (Twickenham). I think he might have given up on sympathy solo(good) but the driving ,clanging groove he can bring was still there in so many songs . All the warm band interactions added to the fun. I hope Ronnie can keep up the heavy lifting for the whole tour.
You can’t always get everything you want but hard to see how overall experience of this one can be beaten.

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: June 11, 2022 00:58

The crowd was great and as noted by others above, be wary of judging the whole night by a few YouTube vids. Lots of first timers who literally couldn’t believe what they were witnessing. And the You’ll Never Walk Alone encore serenade - not sure anything like that has happened in the recent past. The respected journos noted how they raised their game to match the crowd reaction from the start. I’ve only seen 5 stars for this tour and they’ve got it right

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 11, 2022 02:00

Get Off Of My Cloud
[youtu.be]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 11, 2022 02:21

StonesSmeth99
The crowd was great and as noted by others above, be wary of judging the whole night by a few YouTube vids. Lots of first timers who literally couldn’t believe what they were witnessing. And the You’ll Never Walk Alone encore serenade - not sure anything like that has happened in the recent past. The respected journos noted how they raised their game to match the crowd reaction from the start. I’ve only seen 5 stars for this tour and they’ve got it right

Anyone have a tape of that, audio or video? Would love to hear it. TY.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 11, 2022 02:30

angee
StonesSmeth99

Anyone have a tape of that, audio or video? Would love to hear it. TY.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-11 02:35 by waterrats.

Date: June 11, 2022 02:32

And the crowd chant leading in to Gimme Shelter ...
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Ali ()
Date: June 11, 2022 02:44

The Sicilian
From the videos, the crowd did not look as enthusiastic as Spain or Germany. At least early in the show. Maybe the daylight was a downer. It seemed to lack energy.
That's right, I forgot about that, for a moment I thought she was in some kind of distress but then she got back into it.
I wonder if she clobbered her head off her mic.

My flight from Manchester was horribly delayed tonight but the upside was passing "that" plane parked up ready for the next destination

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2221
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home