Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 14
Re: SIXTY Tour new stage
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 28, 2022 22:25

tiffanyblu
Irix
PaintMonkeyManBlack

[www.instagram.com]

Pos. 1m:21s + Pos. 1m:29s

but how the hell are you supposed to see the screens if you are up in the top left/right corner?

that's why tickets for those seats say 'restricted' or 'obstructed view'

Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: May 28, 2022 22:27

If they Play on a Farmers field on a woodn Podest, i am still Happy.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: May 28, 2022 22:58

ron091
You would think after nearly 50 years of attending shows and reading IORR comments that one might get used to them. But sitting here on a lazy Saturday afternoon, you folks are cracking me up with your comments about a half-built stage set...you are so funny! Thanks

Half built?? The bulk of it is done. What do you think is missing that will blow it out of the park?

Posted by: samMuc ()
Date: May 28, 2022 23:27

When it's dark and the lights are on it sure will be less bad than it appears now. What makes me a little sad, the new stage is not about design but about money. This is a standard off the shelf Superroof stage with a little bit of decoration
[www.stageco.com]
For sure this is a lot cheaper than a custom build one as the No Filter was and also easier to ship as Stageco most likely has plenty of them in all parts of the world.
[www.stageco.com]
They could have just taken the No Filter Stage and vary it a little. I mean it's their 60th anniversary not just an "ordinary" tour. But anyway in the end it will be great I'm sure.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: May 28, 2022 23:46

PaintMonkeyManBlack
[www.instagram.com]

Sounds great mothers little helper

Wow, yes! Wonder if it's possible they'll replace Paint It Black with this in the setlist if it's not a song vote choice.. Hoping to hear it regardless smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-28 23:47 by snoopy2.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 28, 2022 23:49

I am disappointed because it looks cheap and is a step backwards. I appreciate that as it’s a fairly short tour they can’t have a really expensive stage but the 2014 stage didn’t look as cheap and had big screens on the sides - the screens on this one look like the tiny screens from the Steel Wheels era (without the amazing stage). And again, for several hundred pounds a ticket I would have hoped that they would have made more of an effort……

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 28, 2022 23:51

I guess a big part of it is logistics/fuel costs. Easier and cheaper to haul around.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 29, 2022 00:19

i like the 50 & counting stage

couldn't they have just repainted that one

or if they were going for the 81 stage just recreate it and put a large screen above it

maybe it'll be better in action or they'll improve and add to it for the next leg of the sixty tour

oh well mothers little helper makes up for any shortcomings of the stage

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 29, 2022 00:21

If you are what you eat I am fast, cheap and easy

Posted by: bluecore ()
Date: May 29, 2022 16:18

rogerriffin

60th anniversary and worst production ever. This must be a bad dream. Yes music is the number one reason to go...but still...They are The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: May 29, 2022 16:33

john lomax
I am disappointed because it looks cheap and is a step backwards. I appreciate that as it’s a fairly short tour they can’t have a really expensive stage but the 2014 stage didn’t look as cheap and had big screens on the sides - the screens on this one look like the tiny screens from the Steel Wheels era (without the amazing stage). And again, for several hundred pounds a ticket I would have hoped that they would have made more of an effort……

There is a bigger screen(s) in the middle, too.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: May 29, 2022 16:46

MelBelli
john lomax

But how if you are seated high up?

Date: May 29, 2022 16:49

MelBelli
john lomax

Yeah there is a bigger screen in the middle and that’s great if you are looking at it from directly in front but it wouldn’t be so great on the sides - especially if you were to the rear and the side. That was the great thing about the No Filter stage - you got a a good view of the screens and the stage wherever you were. Oh well, once they start playing we’ll forget about the stage and focus on the music!

Posted by: moseslake ()
Date: May 29, 2022 17:26

It looks like a giant pair of 3D glasses.

Very cool.

Just landed from Maui. I’m extremely excited for the opener

Posted by: Martin90 ()
Date: May 29, 2022 17:29

john lomax
MelBelli
john lomax

Yeah there is a bigger screen in the middle and that’s great if you are looking at it from directly in front but it wouldn’t be so great on the sides - especially if you were to the rear and the side. That was the great thing about the No Filter stage - you got a a good view of the screens and the stage wherever you were. Oh well, once they start playing we’ll forget about the stage and focus on the music!

I think the main thing on this tour is to be focused on the music and not on the stage like other tours.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 29, 2022 17:42

Doesn't look very spectaculair, hopefully they'll suprise us with some effects

Posted by: bluecore ()
Date: May 29, 2022 17:52

Martin90
john lomax
MelBelli
john lomax

I think the main thing on this tour is to be focused on the music and not on the stage like other tours.

Yes and high ticket prices correlate to great production minus great production

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-29 17:52 by bluecore.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 29, 2022 17:56

Doesn't look great - a bit like road kill............maybe they will do something with that central part that looks like the top of the tongue.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 29, 2022 20:07

I already pity those folks who have will be not close to stage…

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 29, 2022 20:39

I bought tickets with a #nofilter stage in mind

Date: May 29, 2022 20:41

This stage looks like Keith designed it….

Date: May 29, 2022 20:51

Well I am not dissing the stage until I see the first show.

You never know what they may have up their sleeves. I remember in 94 the first time the flame shot out of the top it was a surprise. Also the way the 97 stage changed several times so we just might not know until after the first show.

It does look like a pair of glasses.

Posted by: Topi ()

NilsHolgersson

Even if you knew the tour had a different name?

Posted by: Christiaan ()

NilsHolgersson

Well? Now you want to sell your tickets? smiling smiley

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: May 29, 2022 23:34

oh dear, looks terrible: cheap and uninspired...

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: May 29, 2022 23:42

Any more pics from today?

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: May 30, 2022 01:24

Looks like it could have been the stage from the aborted 1985 tour.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: May 30, 2022 01:39

My guess is there is more to it during the show. I definitely see the outline of the tongue in all that mess.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 30, 2022 01:43

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-30 01:46 by Doxa.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 30, 2022 01:45

Some fans here are more Vegas than the Stones are.

- Doxa

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2140
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home