Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Nero 6.3 won't burn the .flac files, somebody help!
Posted by: Charles ()
Date: November 21, 2005 05:52

Hello Stones boarders,

I have followed the Stones Vikings website and found that there is a lot more to burning music from the rocks off site than meets the eye. I have the .flac files saved on my hard drive and Nero 6.3 won't burn them to .wav files. I downloaded "multi frontend" and have no idea what that was based on an earlier recommendation. What software do I need to burn these .flac files? Would somebody kindly help? Do I have to spend 80 bucks and buy the latest Nero? Please help somebody!

thanks

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Re: Nero 6.3 won't burn the .flac files, somebody help!
Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: November 21, 2005 09:08

Did you install on your hard drive the file flac111a.exe (or higher) ?

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: November 21, 2005 09:09

you must also install winamp507_full.exe (or higher)

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: November 21, 2005 09:14

You only need a plug-in for Nero, which you can find here (http://www.bitburners.com/Nero_Audio_Plugins/). Follow the instructions and you can burn directly FLAC without converting and losing data...

Sjouke

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: November 21, 2005 09:14

If you want to burn an audio-CD - download "Burrn!".
You can't find an easier way to go.

Date: November 21, 2005 19:58

Gentlemen,

Thank you. I will try getting the Nero plug-in and the other recommendations. I will let you guys know. Thank you all very much for the advice. Wish me luck!

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Date: November 22, 2005 02:32

I still need help! I have downloaded all the 16 dll files from the website as part of the Nero plug-in. I saved it in the right directory. Still I can not burn .flac files using my Nero 6.3 software.

I also installed the free winamp 5.112 software.

I installed Burnnn as well. When I try to burn the files with Burrrn I lick "add" and then select the files and "open" and then nothing happens and I am returned the Burnnn GUI with nothing saved in it.

I do not believe I have installed the file flac111a.exe (or higher) I would not know how to look for this, Rockfan.

Would somebody kindly help me get my .flac files to burn onto a cd?

Thanks,

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: November 22, 2005 03:03

I'm sure I just when to Google and did a search for free FLAC to WAV converter, downloaded one. I think this was the one...

[www.gold-software.com]

Its shareware works fine. Easy to convert your FLAC songs to MP3 or WAV, then burn your new WAV files to CD with what ever you have.

Date: November 22, 2005 03:46

I have installed the flac111a.exe (FLAC 1.1.2 for Windows with installer is what it is actually called) from this website: [flac.sourceforge.net]

I have tried everything! I just can't figure out why I can't burn my .flac files to .wav

I have not tried the above link yet. Based on what everyone has said, I should be able to do it already.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: November 22, 2005 03:52

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-22 05:31 by cirrhosis.

Date: November 22, 2005 06:14

Cirrhosis,

That is an excellent question. Let's hope some kind soul can help us.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Date: November 22, 2005 07:08

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-22 05:32 by cirrhosis.

Date: November 22, 2005 18:11

Thank you Cirrhosis! I will try burnatonce. BTW, how long does it usually take you to download a show from rocks off or dime a dozen when there's a bunch of users doing the same? It took me about 2 minutes per show. Does that sound right? The songs appear as individual files in a file folder named after the show.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 22, 2005 18:33

BTW Charles, as I was updating my Nero to version 6.6.0.18
I think your 6.3. version is way behind.
dunno if that solves any flac problems, but it has better options anyway.

Date: November 22, 2005 19:50

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-23 00:45 by cirrhosis.

Date: November 22, 2005 21:55

Hello Cirrhosis,

Yes. For a 500MB show, I download it in what seems to be only a couple of minutes. It seems like it downloads ok, but maybe it should take significantly longer than that. I will upgrade to Nero 6.6 later this afternoon. Maybe this is the hiccough?

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Date: November 22, 2005 23:24

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-23 00:46 by cirrhosis.

Date: November 22, 2005 23:55

Hello Cirrhosis,

I do not know how to play them yet. I have tried and tried. This whole .flac to .wav process seems like rocket science. It is by no means self-evident. If yours works, then you're doing it the right way.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Date: November 23, 2005 01:18

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-23 00:46 by cirrhosis.

Date: November 23, 2005 03:48

Hello Cirrhosis,

I tried updating Nero 6.3 to 6.6 and now my Nero is completely stuck! Argghh! I am now going to wave the white flag for my second time and resume this when I finally move to New York in a couple of weeks. I am traveling from Arizona all the way across the country to the NYC-area...huge 26 foot Penske truck with a Toyota Camry LE to be towed along with it! I somehow believe the problem is with Azeurus. I do not know how to use this software very well.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Date: November 23, 2005 03:57

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-23 00:47 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: Uncle Thud ()
Date: November 23, 2005 06:54

Don't give up!
I think Cirrohosis is right in that you might be confusing the torrent versus the actual flac files.
Once you download and open a torrent, flac files will show up on your desktop BUT they will not contain anything. You will not be able to access them until the actual download is complete. The ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) column on Azureus will let you know when the download is complete. Also, on Azureus once you successfully download something it automatically moves down to the seeding area.
If you have flac files but are unsure if they are any good (complete), try opening either the text or artwork files. If they are empty then something went wrong somewhere.
The Rocks Off explanation notes something that I found to be very helpful - make two files on your desktop: one for torrents and one for flacs. When you download your torrents, save them to the torrent file. DO NOT MOVE OR RENAME THEM. Then, when you want to open the torrent, go to Azureus (under file / open) and select the one you want to open. You will then get a message asking you where do you want the flacs to be saved to. Select the flac file you created on your desktop and click OK. The process should begin and you will be on your way.
As for download speeds, like it was stated elsewhere it all depends on the number of seeds/peers, your type of connection, the size of the file you are downloading, and whether or not any of your ports are firewalled. Depending on the scenario, it can take as little as 15 minutes or as long as 3 days to download something.

When I first started I almost gave up because I didn't know what I was doing and, even after reading numerous explanations, still couldn't get it right.
It took me awhile to get everything configured correctly, but it was well worth the effort. If you need inspiration / motivation, just visit Rocks Off or Dime A Dozen and check out what is running. (As for Dime, if you don't have an account, just sit down for an hour and submit an account request every two minutes. They have openings every 15 minutes or so. About three days ago I opened my fourth account with them in under 20 minutes. If you want it bad enough you can get it).

The true beauty of bit torrenting is that you hook up and share with people around the world.

Just remember to let your download seed until your share ratio is at least 1.0.

And last but not least, a word of caution: It can become very
very A D D I C T I V E.......

Good luck!

Date: November 25, 2005 19:16

Thank you Uncle Thud. I will resume my efforts in a couple of weeks once I have moved to New York from Arizona. This sunday I am catching the Stones here in town for my second show of this tour. I can't wait!

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1830
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home