Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick on Machine Gun Kelly
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 22, 2022 15:38

MGK? Really?

[apple.news]

Re: Mick on Machine Gun Kelly
Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 22, 2022 15:51

Well, if you like Machine Gun Kelly or not. He's one of the few trending and relevant artists who has kind of a rock sound. So Mick has a valid point there. He's actually quite informed about pop culture.
Of course there are successful rock bands like Foo Fighters too but they're not the mainstream, not trending in the charts, so it's more of a niche thing - even though quite a big one.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 22, 2022 16:27

Never heard about Yungwhatitwas and Machine Gun Kelly. But that just shows what an old fart I am. I guess the last time I heard rock music that had some kind of new spirit was grunge bands like Nirvana and Britpop bands like Oasis. And that was ages ago. But for me the last rock act that I think really showing the genre some new directions was Red Hot Chili Peppers, and that was even before those 90's trends.

But have to check those acts out. If nothing else to see what the kids are up to these days.

- Doxa

Date: April 22, 2022 17:27

Doxa
Never heard about Yungwhatitwas and Machine Gun Kelly. But that just shows what an old fart I am. I guess the last time I heard rock music that had some kind of new spirit was grunge bands like Nirvana and Britpop bands like Oasis. And that was ages ago. But for me the last rock act that I think really showing the genre some new directions was Red Hot Chili Peppers, and that was even before those 90's trends.

But have to check those acts out. If nothing else to see what the kids are up to these days.

- Doxa

A bit older than MGK, and WAY better, check out Tame Impala.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: April 22, 2022 17:34

My teenage daughters love him - compared to a lot of the shit they listen to he’s alright :-)
At least there are guitars

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 22, 2022 19:09

I think there are others better fitted - Imagine Dragons have guitars and are more mainstream. Not sure whatever became of Finger Eleven. They seem to have dropped off the charts. Moon Taxi is amazing, but far from mainstream, and a lighter rock, but still very, very solid.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 22, 2022 21:57

I saw Machine Gun Kelly on SNL a year or so ago, and while it was entertaining, he seemed like a fabricated product vs. an original creative artist....
Processed...like American cheese...not that bad in a pinch, but a poor substitute for the real deal.

Date: April 22, 2022 22:12

^ 100%

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 2, 2022 21:00

How fitting that after MJ pays him a nod, MGK decides to go back to his hip hop roots LOL

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: May 3, 2022 09:42

Machine Gun Kelly? What an absurd name.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 3, 2022 10:29

Yeah I agree ...

Should called himself Machine Gun Belly ........

ROCKMAN

Date: May 3, 2022 16:53

Rockman
Yeah I agree ...

Should called himself Machine Gun Belly ........

Wouldn't have lasted two rounds against Lead Belly...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1863
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home