Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Is ronnie clean or not!!?dont let him down real slow!!!!!
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 19, 2005 03:50

i am worried i read this post he s not his old self anymore! does he still play the tha songs right??? or is he only mess up the solo s ,does he have to go back, on drugs to function? is wood gonna recover??i love this man the reports makes me sad!

Re: Is ronnie clean or not!!?dont let him down real slow!!!!!
Posted by: Charles ()
Date: November 19, 2005 03:53

We need a Ronnie solo tour! We also need a new Ronnie solo album! His last album was his best since his first two albums. I've never been a big fan of the overrated "Gimme some neck".

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Date: November 19, 2005 04:07

Grew up with neck!!! LovE worried no more, love fuc her, and yeah i do like ice cream licker an burried alive!!!!!lost and lone a heart fine ballad!!after this tour the new barbarians have to reform!!!!!i wish i never drunk black beer!

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: November 19, 2005 04:27

I love Stanley Clarke too... I just wish there were some great boots out there for this 1979 tour. The one I have sucks. I would much rather hear "Not for beginners" any day over the Neck. You're a real hard rocker!

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Date: November 19, 2005 04:46

yeah!!! i always will remember that woody is the cocker spaniel of rock&roll what a gent!

Posted by: spearshaker ()
Date: November 19, 2005 04:53

Ronnie seems to have checked out on this tour. Maybe its physical, maybe mental, maybe struggling with de-tox.

He still plays to the crowd real well, but something has happened to his playing.

It's not like we want a non-stop jam from him, just a few nice accents sprinkled over Keith's riffs. Just a few soaring notes for the bridge on YCAGWYW, or the solo in TD. But it's not happening.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: November 19, 2005 07:28

In 1969 it became possible to kick out a founding memeber of the band because he was no longer able to contribute. I love Ronnie and want nothing but the best forhim but perhaps such an action would be good for him and the band because for whatever reason his contributions and playing on this tour are next to nil.

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: November 19, 2005 09:56

spearshaker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Ronnie seems to have checked out on this tour.
> Maybe its physical, maybe mental, maybe struggling
> with de-tox.
>
> He still plays to the crowd real well, but
> something has happened to his playing.
>
> It's not like we want a non-stop jam from him,
> just a few nice accents sprinkled over Keith's
> riffs. Just a few soaring notes for the bridge on
> YCAGWYW, or the solo in TD. But it's not
> happening.
>
>
Again, I don't see how the following 2 things can BOTH be true:

1) Ronnie has "checked out" on the tour AND

2) The stones are putting on some incredible shows

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 19, 2005 10:28

I'm also worried about Ronnie - I've read about so many bum notes & f"ed up solos, that make real sad.
on the other hand, my good friend and ex bassman reports from the Albany Gig, a really top notch guitar slinger.
Is he going through tough times?
he's not losing his touch, is he?

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: November 19, 2005 11:22

Ronnie is six months clean (?) after spending 30 some years (?) stoned and/or drunk, he's not thinking too clearly right now, but, he will in time.,

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: November 19, 2005 11:37

i read this is not an happy period for him. i love him and i'm worried about him. i'm not sure he's clean at all, so let's stop complain about two wrong notes. i don't think he lost his touch, he's still a great guitarist to me.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 19, 2005 11:44

I don't understand why you keep bringing up these questions all the time. Yes. He is fine. No he does not drink. And there is no man on the moon.

Bjornulf

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 19, 2005 11:55

bv Wrote:
> Yes. He is fine. No he
> does not drink.

That makes his current playing even less understandable.

Date: November 19, 2005 12:58

bv Wrote:
> I don't understand why you keep bringing up these
> questions all the time.

And, Bjornulf, it is only too obvious why these questions are coming up all the time: More and more people ask themselves what's the reason for all this when they listen to Ronnie's playing these days.

It seems that - besides you - there are not so many fans left who actually still believe that Ronnie's fine.

I am not a Woody basher, Taylor was different - but just like an apple is different from a banana, as you say it - I always loved Ronnie's playing, not only in the Faces, but also in the Stones. But since a couple of years my ears tell me something is wrong. And I always hoped that these "things" would go better. A temporary downfall, so to speak. I have said it elsewhere in another thread - so far Ronnie destroyed my hopes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-19 14:25 by retired_dog.

Date: November 19, 2005 14:35

BornOnTheBayou Wrote:
> spearshaker Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > > Ronnie seems to have checked out on this
> tour.
> > Maybe its physical, maybe mental, maybe
> struggling
> > with de-tox.
> >
> > He still plays to the crowd real well, but
> > something has happened to his playing.
> >
> > It's not like we want a non-stop jam from
> him,
> > just a few nice accents sprinkled over
> Keith's
> > riffs. Just a few soaring notes for the
> bridge on
> > YCAGWYW, or the solo in TD. But it's not
> > happening.
> >
> >
> Again, I don't see how the following 2 things can
> BOTH be true:
>
> 1) Ronnie has "checked out" on the tour AND
>
> 2) The stones are putting on some incredible
> shows

Use your ears and listen to the music. Your eyes see a great show, which it still is, but use your ears and listen to the music.

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: November 19, 2005 14:49

Ronnie was great every time I saw him and the Columbus boot is very good. Long live Ronnie !

Re: Ronnie
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 19, 2005 15:14

i love Ronnie's music and his spirit, and i can't help worrying about him too -
i've listened to eight or nine shows from this tour and really wonder:
it truly seems to me that some people are not hearing the cat.
it's like how some people always see Keith as "totally wasted" even when he isn't:
some people seem to regard Ronnie as "off" no matter what he's doing.
most of the reactions to that San Diego It Won't Take Long that were posted recently were so typical:
it was Mick that lost it there for a while, not Ronnie!
but since the Standard ABB Folklore has it that Mick's on fire and Ronnie's lost, that's all some people hear.
sure Ronnie's messed up some on some numbers, just like everyone else has -
but he has been playing some lovely stuff too.

i sure do wish fewer folks felt so comfortable dissing Ronnie all the time -
i wish fewer folks felt so comfortable dissing *anyone* in the band,
but in so many ways, Ronnie's got the hardest gig of all.
i know asking you lot to lay off him won't do any good, but ... ohh, shine on, Ron!

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: monkey_man ()
Date: November 19, 2005 17:03

i hardly can judge(i´ve only listend to bootlegs from this tour)but his guitarplaying has obviuosly changed. he seems to be very low in the mix these days. compare live licks with love you live. on the live licks and current boots ronnie is barely audible.it´s sad. i´m always loveing how he is spinning his guitarparts around keefs riffs.

Posted by: Goldsmith ()
Date: November 19, 2005 17:36

I waste approximately 0 minutes and 0 seconds of my day wondering if Ronnie is clean. Regardless of the answer, it will nowt help pay my mortgage, put food on the table or assist in relations with my significant other. I've noticed that what I call on Ronnie to do - Play guitar with the Rolling Stones - seems to be unaffected by whether he's clean or not.

Posted by: BostonStrangler ()
Date: November 19, 2005 18:23

we all play a bum note now and again..so true.
he's the one getting paid to play, and he's also written the better material in the last 15 years than mick or keith..thats a fact, just listen from "slide on" to "not for begginers"..

low down or real hard rocker
sweet neo-con or jospehine
goddess in the doorway (the song) or must be love

Date: November 19, 2005 18:33

Maybe the only stone that stayed clean was Billy Wyman.Everybody suffered more or less,also everyone knows that if one stopsafter a long time, you can loose your inspiration for a while(thats normal but not easy!)I WANNA SAY HATS OF for this real good ,nice r&r ler!!!!beating his habbits!Right now i listen to radio 2 they played 4 faces songs with ron!!!! cheers and stay of tha black beer.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 19, 2005 18:43

So repeating an insult makes it true? And Elvis is really alive? People say so every day. I don't care what people I don't know say. I go to concerts and talk to hundreds and hundreds of fans who go to the shows. They have no worries. So I would not worry if the moon was a cheese or if Elvis lives or if the earth is flat, even if many people said so.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 19, 2005 18:44

Bill smoked pot 1971-72. He still smokes the other type tobacco.

Date: November 19, 2005 18:52

Goldsmith, if you never think about it,thats finewhat you do is just putting your head in tha sand,the stones was a dangerous wild outlaw kind of band, livin our wildest dreams,if you know that one cant say dont care and think about you,do your thing and f off it does not work that way ,the stones just aint no sprinsteen or paul or dire straits also cause of that its a wonder they still tour anyway, its no juke box!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 19, 2005 18:55

Re: Is ronnie clean or not!!?

Just how often does he bathe? More than Keith, I bet!

1975 - 2 showers and 1 bath for the tour!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 19, 2005 19:03

anyone with a working pair of ears that went to the SF shows CANNOT possibly say that Ronnie's fine and have ANY CREDIBILITY whatsoever. Period. you are kidding yourself if you think all's well with Ronnie. It ain't.

Date: November 19, 2005 19:04

I would never ever atack ron he s my hero wanna know whats happening because of the post on this side (sure the one you need ,live milwaukee75) maybe in the keith set to get things right, would love it

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: November 19, 2005 19:31

I'm quite sure Ronnie is relatively "clean" at this point. That is,surely, his problem. For decades being drunk and/or stoned was his "normal" or "straight". Being sober and trying to kick tobacco is most definitely a new "altered state" for him. His entire mind and body is now functioning in a completely different "place". Guitar parts that he could access in his memory are now inaccessible through the usual mental route. It will definitely take another year or two till he sorts it out. He should retire from the Stones now and focus on his health, his family, painting etc. and enjoy the few years he has left on this earth.

Date: November 19, 2005 19:35

rooster said:

I would never ever atack ron he s my hero wanna know whats happening because of the post on this side (sure the one you need ,live milwaukee75) maybe in the keith set to get things right, would love it

My question,"Is rooster clean or just punctuationimpaired"? winking smiley

Date: November 19, 2005 19:35

rooster said:

My question, "Is rooster clean or just punctuation impaired"? winking smiley

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1767
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home